90 day recovery status?

I emailed Safe Passage tonight and they responded with this:

Good Evening,

Thank you for reaching out. Current requirements are: Any fully vaccinated guest who wishes to apply for 90 day recovered status will need to provide their proof of vaccination, their previous positive Covid test (taken between 90 and 11 days prior to their sail date), AND a current signed letter from their doctor stating that they are recovered from Covid and it is safe for them to travel. If a guest's 90 Day Recovered application is approved they will NOT need to take the embarkation NAAT test at port. Documents need to be uploaded into Safe Passage before sail date for validation. I hope this helps.
Thank you SO much for sharing!

We are in the same boat! We tested today and don't have results yet but fully expecting positive based on the test results of the rest of the family. Both of us are vaccinated and boostered with very, very mild symptoms. BUT set to sail on the 24th (!). Also supposed to be flying to a football game on Saturday but 90% sure that won't be happening. We have tests setup later in the week to rule that out for sure. But very worried about being cleared to sail on the Wonder.
It worked! We are clear to sail on the 17th.

I emailed Safe Passage tonight and they responded with this:

Good Evening,

Thank you for reaching out. Current requirements are: Any fully vaccinated guest who wishes to apply for 90 day recovered status will need to provide their proof of vaccination, their previous positive Covid test (taken between 90 and 11 days prior to their sail date), AND a current signed letter from their doctor stating that they are recovered from Covid and it is safe for them to travel. If a guest's 90 Day Recovered application is approved they will NOT need to take the embarkation NAAT test at port. Documents need to be uploaded into Safe Passage before sail date for validation. I hope this helps.

EDITED TO ADD: I emailed them back to find out what the latest day was that you could upload documents for this......here is their response:

You can upload documentation until 10:pm the day before your sail.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to reach back out

So, does the doctor's note have to dated within the 14 days of travel also or just within the 90 days of your sail date?

So, does the doctor's note have to dated within the 14 days of travel also or just within the 90 days of your sail date?

I don't think so....they told me you could upload documents up to 10:00 pm the day before you sail. I would think the letter could be dated whenever you see the doctor....you can't upload anything to Safe Passage before 15 days from cruise but the date on the letter has more to do with when you visit the doctor after you are recovered from covid.

MJ

I don't think so....they told me you could upload documents up to 10:00 pm the day before you sail. I would think the letter could be dated whenever you see the doctor....you can't upload anything to Safe Passage before 15 days from cruise but the date on the letter has more to do with when you visit the doctor after you are recovered from covid.

MJ
That makes sense.

Has anyone actually had the 90-day exemption and didn't have to test at the port AND were allowed on board?

I sail Friday. I tested positive October 23, 2021. I did a virtual visit with my doctor today. He wrote the letter and emailed it to me. I uploaded the letter and my PCR results from October stating I was positive at around 12:30 this afternoon and it was all approved by 5:30 tonight. I will come back and let everyone knows how Friday goes.

My dd was recently exposed at her school. We are all getting the PCR tests at CVS drive thru. I've read on here what to if any of us get a positive test. It looks like CVS will text us the results. Can I screen shot what they send and then submit that, or do I need something else from them? If so, not sure how to get something from CVS. Our doctor isn't making appointments for anyone with covid. Does Disney require for us to go in and have an actual dr appointment or just the dr letter? I'm assuming my dr will write us the letters if I call them and download the results to them on our My Chart. Our cruise isn't until the end of March, so we have awhile to go, but just want to make sure I have everything I need if any of us get a positive. Thank you for those who have posted info on here and to anyone who can answer my questions.

They accepted screenshots for my child today of both the results & letter.

hopefully I’ll get my letter tomorrow and as long as the spouse doesn’t test positive on our follow up tests Tuesday we are sailing Friday- spouse was one who brought it home, first Sick, but didn’t test + with us so hopefully all is well.

My dd was recently exposed at her school. We are all getting the PCR tests at CVS drive thru. I've read on here what to if any of us get a positive test. It looks like CVS will text us the results. Can I screen shot what they send and then submit that, or do I need something else from them? If so, not sure how to get something from CVS. Our doctor isn't making appointments for anyone with covid. Does Disney require for us to go in and have an actual dr appointment or just the dr letter? I'm assuming my dr will write us the letters if I call them and download the results to them on our My Chart. Our cruise isn't until the end of March, so we have awhile to go, but just want to make sure I have everything I need if any of us get a positive. Thank you for those who have posted info on here and to anyone who can answer my questions.

You can sign up for the patient portals for the lab - the bag the test vial came in should have made clear, likely labcorp or quest. I got my results via labcorp patient portal before cvs alerted me last week. Cvs also has my health, and you can view a pdf result there - there is a non account option to view too, its a link limited to 5 days, that’s what they text you - and from the link you can download a pdf lab report with the result. So there’s multiple ways to get something more than a screen shot if you need it! (We had the misfortune to find out all about this when one of my asymptomatic kids unexpectedly tested positive on a rapid this week - the other was completely asymptomatic but PCR positive 3 days ago and STILL isn’t positive on a rapid. Needless to say we are not on our cruise leaving today…. On the upside, they at least will be covered under the 90 day exemption when we reschedule. I’m still bafflingly negative - and honestly slightly miffed about it, I mean really? But only because I feel fine. And glad one kids showed up on a rapid otherwise despite best efforts we’d be finding out we were positive at port right now!)

We sailed on the Fantasy last month with a 13 year old kiddo that had an exposure within the 90-day window. We submitted all of the required documentation through the Safe Portal website. Upon arrival to the port, she was welcomed through the testing line with us but did not have to test. We just let the lab staff know that she had an exemption and carried the doctor's letter with us just in case. It was really easy and not a hassle at all.

You can sign up for the patient portals for the lab - the bag the test vial came in should have made clear, likely labcorp or quest. I got my results via labcorp patient portal before cvs alerted me last week. Cvs also has my health, and you can view a pdf result there - there is a non account option to view too, its a link limited to 5 days, that’s what they text you - and from the link you can download a pdf lab report with the result. So there’s multiple ways to get something more than a screen shot if you need it! (We had the misfortune to find out all about this when one of my asymptomatic kids unexpectedly tested positive on a rapid this week - the other was completely asymptomatic but PCR positive 3 days ago and STILL isn’t positive on a rapid. Needless to say we are not on our cruise leaving today…. On the upside, they at least will be covered under the 90 day exemption when we reschedule. I’m still bafflingly negative - and honestly slightly miffed about it, I mean really? But only because I feel fine. And glad one kids showed up on a rapid otherwise despite best efforts we’d be finding out we were positive at port right now!)
Thanks for the info. I'm sorry you are missing your cruise right now. My dd took the test this morning. Dh and I will test on Mon. I admit I'm sorta hoping we all test positive so I don't have to stress until our cruise.( and because we've all been vaccinated, including boosters, so I don't feel scared about getting really sick if we get it now).

ATTENTION
Got on now. Multiple people using this method. We uploaded our forms but couple in front of us did not and brought hard copies and got on too.
Do not even have to wait like testers.
WOOHOO!!!!
Thanks for update. We all got hit with it this week and want to be ready for our end of February cruise. Since symptoms have been mild for us, I’m feeling relief in so many ways.

ATTENTION
Got on now. Multiple people using this method. We uploaded our forms but couple in front of us did not and brought hard copies and got on too.
Do not even have to wait like testers.
WOOHOO!!!!
That's great news! Thanks for the update! Enjoy your cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter