A Canadian Icon for the Canadian Forum

It's been there for a couple weeks now. Do a refresh in the browser, or clear your cache.
I'm pretty computer savvy; been working in industry for almost two decades. I've cleared my browser cache for Chrome and Safari on all my computers and mobile devices and still see the generic Mickey icon. I tried to view the source code and the image linked is this: https://images.wdwinfo.com/design/bluemickeysprite.png.

I wonder if we are caching to the older or newer version of the site and the icon was changed on the one we can't view.

I'm pretty computer savvy; been working in industry for almost two decades. I've cleared my browser cache for Chrome and Safari on all my computers and mobile devices and still see the generic Mickey icon. I tried to view the source code and the image linked is this: https://images.wdwinfo.com/design/bluemickeysprite.png.

I wonder if we are caching to the older or newer version of the site and the icon was changed on the one we can't view.
It's actually brought into the page as part of the style sheet and not loaded by the HTML body, and stylesheets get cached differenty by different browsers - more persistence (I'm also an industry veteran, coding for almost 40 years, web development for 25+).

It's loaded as part of the .node--19 .node-icon style at https://www.disboards.com/css.php?css=public:node_list.less,public:extra.less&s=17&l=1&d=1658513117&k=4aaf753ae03ab6b00faef6552e00626505983336

Maybe access that URL directly and see if that forces a css reload. Search its conents for:
i{display:none}.node--id19 .node-icon{background-image:url('https://www.wdwinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/canada-icon.gif');

Also some ISPs have really agressive caching and will locally cache relatively rarely changed content. In your browser's dev tools maybe see if you're getting an HTTP 304 (not mod, or cached) response back instead of a 200 (OK) when loading the CSS.

Also try clearing the cache from inside the browser dev tools. They tend to do a more thorough cache clearing than through the regular user menu cache cleanup.

Last suggestion is to try loading the page from a private browser window as they will generally start with an empty cache.

Thus ends the tech support portion of this thread :-)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 2.10.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 2.10.48 PM.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 2
It's actually brought into the page as part of the style sheet and not loaded by the HTML body, and stylesheets get cached differenty by different browsers - more persistence (I'm also an industry veteran, coding for almost 40 years, web development for 25+).

It's loaded as part of the .node--19 .node-icon style at https://www.disboards.com/css.php?css=public:node_list.less,public:extra.less&s=17&l=1&d=1658513117&k=4aaf753ae03ab6b00faef6552e00626505983336

Maybe access that URL directly and see if that forces a css reload. Search its conents for:
i{display:none}.node--id19 .node-icon{background-image:url('https://www.wdwinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/canada-icon.gif');

Also some ISPs have really agressive caching and will locally cache relatively rarely changed content. In your browser's dev tools maybe see if you're getting an HTTP 304 (not mod, or cached) response back instead of a 200 (OK) when loading the CSS.

Also try clearing the cache from inside the browser dev tools. They tend to do a more thorough cache clearing than through the regular user menu cache cleanup.

Last suggestion is to try loading the page from a private browser window as they will generally start with an empty cache.

I just checked from my sister’s iPhone who has never been on the disboards and hers does not show the new icon but just the blue Mickey

I was inspecting using dev tools and I don't see it under the CSS for node--id19. This is where it's showing the bluemickeysprite.png, not the canada-icon.gif you indicate.
1658777054473.png

Cleared local cache in browser dev tools and there was nothing cached in session. I've just tried flushing my DNS cache and still no deal.

Hubby, who has never logged onto these boards, also gave it a try (an industry vet as well) and no dice. He also tried using his work VPN which allows him to connect to a server in Milan that was just restarted three days ago and is also seeing the blue mickey icon.

Something isn't resolving properly somewhere.

I was inspecting using dev tools and I don't see it under the CSS for node--id19. This is where it's showing the bluemickeysprite.png, not the canada-icon.gif you indicate.
View attachment 687870

Cleared local cache in browser dev tools and there was nothing cached in session. I've just tried flushing my DNS cache and still no deal.

Hubby, who has never logged onto these boards, also gave it a try (an industry vet as well) and no dice. He also tried using his work VPN which allows him to connect to a server in Milan that was just restarted three days ago and is also seeing the blue mickey icon.

Something isn't resolving properly somewhere.
Ok.. a question to everyone else on this thread... is anyone else seeing the canadian flag, or is everyone else seeing the mickey ears. Grasping at straws... maybe if it's a permissions issue where only I can see the maple leaf since it's a file uploaded??

Ok.. a question to everyone else on this thread... is anyone else seeing the canadian flag, or is everyone else seeing the mickey ears. Grasping at straws... maybe if it's a permissions issue where only I can see the maple leaf since it's a file uploaded??
This is what I see on all three of my internet windows.
Screenshot 2022-07-25 180722.jpg

Mickey ears on both my laptop and iPhone. I actually just cleared my iPhone cache and it's still Mickey ears.

And I see Union Jack ears for the rest of the international forums. Was this always the case?

Mickey ears on both my laptop and iPhone. I actually just cleared my iPhone cache and it's still Mickey ears.

And I see Union Jack ears for the rest of the international forums. Was this always the case?
At one point it was a Mickey icon with the Canada flag in it. Might have been years ago. Not sure when it disappeared.

Still Mickey ears for me too.
I’ve tried a new phone, an old phone, two tablets and a laptop.

For those having problems, can you see if you're logged in (or not)? I find if I'm logged in I see the maple leaf, but if I'm not logged in I see the mickey ears.

I checked and I am signed in on 2 of my three internet providers and all of them still show the mickey ears.

Logged out, did not see the icon. Cleared cache, logged back in, still did not see the icon.

Ditto what others mentioned. I was logged in and saw the blue Mickey. I logged out and also see Mickey ears. I did not clear cache.

New icon just appearing for me now this afternoon. I had to go into my account this morning to change email preferences so maybe saving changes to my account may have something to do with this? Using Firefox for browser. Anyway, love the new icon and thanks to everyone involved for their hard work. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter