A dinner review of Raglan Road

St Paddy's day there is an event to be sure. They actually had to BUS folks in from different parking lots!!! Even had the police directing folks to the alternate lots. SRO almost the entire day...

Is Raglan Road a part of Pleasure Island? If so, is admission to PI required? Or only after a certain time? Mrs and I are considering going there for dinner the day we arrive. Wouldn't have thought of it if not for UncleR. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the review! We will be eating at RR when we go back to WDW Nov. 1-5. DH in particular was wondering what the entertainment would be like--he plays mandolin and is just starting to get into Celtic music. Based on a review I read earlier this year, I thought the music was going to be a Celtic rock band, so I will pass this info (re: fiddlers and dancer) on to DH.

They also had a fellow who --at various times--was beating on a small hand held drum, and beating what looked like two sticks together. Someone handed him a "pint" of something (other than iced tea :) ) and he re-doubled his efforts.
You won't mistake this group for the Boston Pops, but they're pretty good nonetheless. My hunch is that as the evening wears on (and the patrons imbibe more frequently) they sound better and better.

I was there in July with my sisters and kids. I really like the bread pudding too. I had a great appetizer though....it was the Guiness glazed ribs. I think they were called Heaven on Earth. They were REALLY good. I'm going back in December but this time my husband is going with me. He's from Baltimore and is a second generation Irish American. He's really looking forward to this. I bragged on it so much when we came home in July.

We liked Raglan Road when we had dinner there last May. DH thought the shepherd's pie was bland, but my risotto was awesome. The Dunbrody Kiss is a great dessert.

How would you rate it for family dining? Originally I wanted us all to eat here our first night, but was a little worried the setting wasnt quite right for kids, food looks great though and still want to try it! Great Review BTW!

They also had a fellow who --at various times--was beating on a small hand held drum, and beating what looked like two sticks together.

That is what's called a bodhran. It's a traditional drum often used in Celtic music.

We have 4 Irish pubs within an hour's drive from our house, so we frequent them quite often. We went to RR during our last trip to Disney but only partook from the bar that time. Next time I will be eating there, though! ::yes::

angelmav:
Plenty of kids early--even some at the bar!! Numbers dwindled tho as the evening wore on.

Thanks for the great review. We're going there in December. I'm interested in their stew and my wife is thinking about the "bangers and mash." There's nothing better than some Guinness stew and a "black and tan." Thanks again.

I think my wife and I were the only ones that didn't enjoy Raglan Road. Between the loud music, the drunk bachelorettes next to us, and the breakfast sausage flavored Dalkey Duo were enough to turn us off. Plus our waitress told me the only beer they had was Guinness (which I now know is incorrect)! We were pretty exhausted from being in the parks all day so if we were in a different frame of mind perhaps things would have been better? Who knows. I just don't think I'll be able to get my wife back there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter