• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Disney Ship coming to Australia ?

I just can't see the point in getting on a ship and then getting off again so soon, you've only got 1 real day onboard. What's the point?
Even 4 nights isn't enough. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I need at least 7 nights.
Honestly I was surprised at how popular the short cruises were last year in the UK. Its definitely not cruises for travellers its for Australians to try out and see if they would do a longer cruise just like the UK ones were last year. I really don't see a huge number of internationals going all that way for such a short itinerary as you wont even get the full dining rotation

I was joking with my husband...want to go on a 25 night cruise? Sydney to Vancouver. It would cut our flight time home down to 7 hrs (flying into Boston).... 🤣. But no, that's definitely not happening...

I keep thinking about it, but... It's a bit over 11 hours from here to Honolulu and then another 21+ hours to get back from Sydney. And then the cruise itself is 13 nights with only 3 port days, which is... well, a lot of days at sea. I like days at sea, but is 10 days at sea worth 32 hours of flying? I'm not sure!
If you can spare the time (and the money) exploring that area of the world is nice. Plan on adding some time in Honolulu - say 3 days - plus some time in Sydney. Sea days are very relaxing.

We did an 18-night Sydney to Honolulu cruise after I retired in 2012. Flew to Honolulu and stayed there for two nights before catching a plane to Sydney. Due to flight schedules and us coming from the east coast, it wasn't possible to fly to Hawaii and immediately get on a plane to Sydney - thankfully. We got to Sydney a couple of days before our cruise left so we could explore the city, which is an amazing place. Our cruise had 11 or 12 Sea days IIRC. once back in Hawaii, we spent 3 nights at Aulani before flying home. We called it the trip of a lifetime, TOAL.

I am beyond excited about this, we live in Brisbane, and had to cancel a DCL cruise from Barcelona in 2020.

DCL is arriving in our school holidays!! The summer break here is mid-December to end of January. Though would have been nice to go when the kids were those 3 years younger, mine are teens now but I’m making them come.

They will sellout fast I expect, I do wish they were longer and I’m confused about the cruise length as they all seem to be 2 days but they also mention more nights.

They go on sale 29 September, any idea of what time that could be?

Honolulu to Sydney sounds crazy exciting however I just checked flights to LAX and business class is 8K one way! That probably does it for our dream trip, unfortunately. I think it would be cheaper to stay until February and take the boat back LOL!

As an Australian I was so excited when I found out a few months ago the Wonder was coming here, but looking at the Itineraries and pricing. I'm underwhelmed.
Whey are they doing such short cruises? No one wants a 2 night cruise! You're barely on the ship.

I guess a lot of Aussies who haven't had a taste of Disney before, may book, but it's cheaper to go to Disneyland than pay for some of these cruises.
I don't know, I guess I was expecting a little more.

I am hoping to do the Feb 12 one out of sydney. I already have a 2023 Alaska cruise booked, not sure if I can swing two in a short period of time.
Looks like Australians can book on Sept 29th as I got an email with a link, it says it's not open for Platinum until October 3rd.
I have similar sentiments but still booking myself on the transpacific from Honolulu to Sydney 😂 I want to be on the ship with Disney first sails into Sydney Harbour

Oh I get it - the prices shown are for 2 nights but the gap between cruises varies. Do you need the full price when you book?

But that said it is $5600 AUD for a family of 4 for 2 nights, that is half way to a 4 night Flight Center trip to DLC.

South pacific cruise stopping at Fiji, Tahiti, etc? Sign me up!
It's not stopping in Tahiti. It's only stopping in American Samoa, Fiji, and New Caledonia. The other days are all at sea. The return cruise has an additional day in Maui, though.

Last edited:
So, I'm confused about something.

If you look at the Vancouver -> Honolulu cruise, it's listed as a 10-night cruise with 5 days at sea and 4 stops (Hilo, Honolulu, Nawiliwili, Kahului). The first night is the departure from Vancouver. So, 1 + 5 + 4 = 10. All good!

Then, look at the 13-night South Pacific cruise. It's listed as a 13-night cruise with 10 days at sea and 3 stops (Pago Pago, Lautoka, Noumea). The first night is the departure from Honolulu. So, 1 + 10 + 3 = 14. What happened there? Is Disney counting the long "double sunset" day as two days at sea, but not as two nights?

So, I'm confused about something.

If you look at the Vancouver -> Honolulu cruise, it's listed as a 10-night cruise with 5 days at sea and 4 stops (Hilo, Honolulu, Nawiliwili, Kahului). The first night is the departure from Vancouver. So, 1 + 5 + 4 = 10. All good!

Then, look at the 13-night South Pacific cruise. It's listed as a 13-night cruise with 10 days at sea and 3 stops (Pago Pago, Lautoka, Noumea). The first night is the departure from Honolulu. So, 1 + 10 + 3 = 14. What happened there? Is Disney counting the long "double sunset" day as two days at sea, but not as two nights?
I think it has to do with crossing the international dateline.

The repositioning cruise from Honolulu to Sydney, actually arrives into Sydney on 27th of October. The first cruise out of Sydney is on the 28th, so the ship will be in port overnight.
I am basing this off the Sydney Port Schedule where the Unnamed Vessel/Line we can now say is Disney.

1663020684666.png
WCBT - White Bay Cruise Terminal - a secondary cruise terminal in Sydney, around the "corner" from OPT.
OPT - Overseas Passenger Terminal - main cruise terminal at Circular quay

I too was trying to do the maths.

Honolulu to Sydney sounds crazy exciting however I just checked flights to LAX and business class is 8K one way! That probably does it for our dream trip, unfortunately. I think it would be cheaper to stay until February and take the boat back LOL!
Why fly business class?
Go economy and have a great time

As an Australian I was so excited when I found out a few months ago the Wonder was coming here, but looking at the Itineraries and pricing. I'm underwhelmed.
Whey are they doing such short cruises? No one wants a 2 night cruise! You're barely on the ship.

I guess a lot of Aussies who haven't had a taste of Disney before, may book, but it's cheaper to go to Disneyland than pay for some of these cruises.
I don't know, I guess I was expecting a little more.

I am hoping to do the Feb 12 one out of sydney. I already have a 2023 Alaska cruise booked, not sure if I can swing two in a short period of time.
Looks like Australians can book on Sept 29th as I got an email with a link, it says it's not open for Platinum until October 3rd.
The end of September date for bookings is for the cruises that are within Aus and NZ. Oct 3 is the date that the repo cruises and Hawaii Vancouver cruises go on sale.

I was joking with my husband...want to go on a 25 night cruise? Sydney to Vancouver. It would cut our flight time home down to 7 hrs (flying into Boston).... 🤣. But no, that's definitely not happening...
Trust me, being from Vancouver, doing a b2b and only one way for air fare is very tempting to me but we have kids in school (both will be in high school by the time these sail) so it's a no go this time. If they still offer something like this in a few years DH said it would be a great trip for just he and I to do ;-)

I’m so excited about this! I would love to do the ones out of Auckland, but they are just before the school holidays and only 3 nights so I think we might head to Sydney for the 4 or 5 nighters that look like they will be happening in January.

I’m mildly concerned that because the New Zealand ones aren’t in the school holidays they will not be popular enough to justify a return in the future.

I was so excited for these but it’s too many sea days for my husband and not enough stops for me. Im psyched for those of you who will book it and to hear all about it!
I’m so torn, I feel like it’s finally coming to Australia and now I’m not really interested in going on it
The itineraries just don’t do it for me
I’m so not sure yet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter