A Grand Victorian Holiday: Official VGF Holiday Tree Exchange Thread

Hello all. Is November 19th too soon...We are staying at the VGF from November 19th until Dec 4th.....This is our first trip to WDW with our adopted son from Korea....He is 3yrs old and I want to make this a very special trip....This will be the second time we Use or DVC membership.....first was his 3rd bday (first with us) at Grand Californian...anyways im rambling....thx

Hi medievaldave,

November 19th is not too soon if you would be willing to donate a tree. We would welcome your participation!

Thanks,
Jim 8O

we are arriving 12/21 departing 12/28
would like to participate.
need details and be willing to 'donate' a tree, not sure what that entails.

We will be there December 12th through the 14th and would like to participate! Can you please send more details? :thumbsup2

Im on the lookout for a tree to donate. What size do you think would be good for just a standard room

Warm greetings Victorian ladies and gentlemen!

This year, our VGF Holiday Tree Exchange has received a tepid response. Although we shared 3 trees last season, we will likely have only 1 tree this season. To accommodate most requests, we will need an additional tree and more participating families. There is little overlap with requested dates and, based on our experience last year, I worry about leaving trees with bell services for more than 5 days.

Detailed below is our tentative schedule and list of families that would like to participate:

Tree #1: Conch Key
SpaceMountain77 – December 6th – 17th
poison ivy – December 22nd – 25th
disneydawn6 – December 28th – January 5th

Tentative Families:
Mandjblum – November 11th – November 28th
medievaldave – November 19th – December 4th
Kevin79 – December 7th – 14th
OnceUponAMelodye – December 12th – December 14th
wmcyip – December 21st – December 28th

If a family arriving in November is willing to donate a tree, the exchange planning will likely be more successful.

Thanks,
Jim 8O

I went looking for trees today. Christmas stuff was just hitting the isles at stores today so next week ill be on the hunt for one........What sizes are we looking for?

I went looking for trees today. Christmas stuff was just hitting the isles at stores today so next week ill be on the hunt for one........What sizes are we looking for?

Our Conch Key tree is 18 - 24" in height; the exact height depends on how you extend the upper branches of the tree. Last year, this size worked well for our studio families because it sits nicely on top of either the entertainment center or table. Also, the shipping for this size tree is very reasonable.

Thanks!
Jim 8O

do we have any other pics of what the trees look like in the rooms? U think 3' would be too much

do we have any other pics of what the trees look like in the rooms? U think 3' would be too much

This was not part of the tree exchange - (which I never knew about until now)
but it is from our GFV studio decorated last year.

The tree together with the gift box it is sitting on measures a little over 2 ft in height.

I can't wait!!!

Space Mountain77 I will be bringing a tree

Thank you, so much, for participating and donating a tree! Your help will certainly make our scheduling much easier.

Later today, I will post an updated schedule.

Thanks again,
Jim 8O

Seasons greetings Victorian ladies and gentlemen!

I am pleased to report that medievaldave will be donating a tree, which will allow for the participation of several additional families. The updated schedules for Conch Key (tree #1) and Sago Cay (tree #2) are detailed below.

Tree #1: Conch Key
SpaceMountain77 – December 6th – 17th
*available December 17th – 22nd
poison ivy – December 22nd – 25th
*available December 25th – 28th
disneydawn6 – December 28th – January 5th

Tree #2: Sago Cay
medievaldave – November 19th – December 4th
*available December 4th – 7th
Kevin79 – December 7th – 12th
OnceUponAMelodye – December 12th – December 14th
*available December 14th – 21st
wmcyip – December 21st – December 28th

Going forward, we will fill the remaining dates that are available. Please let me know if you would like to give our trees, Conch Key and Sago Cay, a villa for the holidays.

Thanks,
Jim 8O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter