A Princess and a Croatian Walk into a Bar...at Disney. (Updated 5/8/14, Pg.6)

Hi Jen, following along but have just read page 1 so far. I've read some of your past reports and just noticed this one today.

Kidani is our home resort and we love it there, but I've walked down that hallway where your room was and thought that I wouldn't want to have a room way out there. I'm guessing that your room faced the Pembe savanna rather than Sunset?

Good to hear that Milos is enjoying Disney on his first day (like I said, I'm still behind in your writing) and can't wait to get to the part where he realizes that a 5-day visit is not enough. ;)

The crooked tree of Epcot. LOL. I do not know why they did not straighten it out.
The green tea ice cream sounds good.
Sorry but I am one of those negative reviewers. I find the place just overrated and for the credits or price just not worth it. I do love the soup and last time I tried the fries and had 2 and could not eat anymore as I did not like them. If I spend that much I want good food and it just seems it went downhill when they made it 2 credits for lunch. Glad you enjoy it. That soup is incredible but I make it at home now.
The Horchata sounds good.
All caught up again. Great updates and pics.

Hi Jen, following along but have just read page 1 so far. I've read some of your past reports and just noticed this one today.

Kidani is our home resort and we love it there, but I've walked down that hallway where your room was and thought that I wouldn't want to have a room way out there. I'm guessing that your room faced the Pembe savanna rather than Sunset?

Good to hear that Milos is enjoying Disney on his first day (like I said, I'm still behind in your writing) and can't wait to get to the part where he realizes that a 5-day visit is not enough. ;)

Thanks for following along! Happy to have you onboard!

Our room actually did face the Sunset savannah, which I was glad for - it's my favorite.

And yes, Milos DID come to that realization! Haha! :thumbsup2

The crooked tree of Epcot. LOL. I do not know why they did not straighten it out.
The green tea ice cream sounds good.
Sorry but I am one of those negative reviewers. I find the place just overrated and for the credits or price just not worth it. I do love the soup and last time I tried the fries and had 2 and could not eat anymore as I did not like them. If I spend that much I want good food and it just seems it went downhill when they made it 2 credits for lunch. Glad you enjoy it. That soup is incredible but I make it at home now.
The Horchata sounds good.
All caught up again. Great updates and pics.

Haha! I have to say that I didn't even notice it was crooked! Maybe it's now become a tradition, so they don't even want to straighten it out. ;)

Sorry that you haven't had as good experiences at Le Cellier! We can all only speak from our own experiences, and mine have been great. Fortunately for all of us, there are LOTS of great food places to choose from down in WDW! :)

And yes, the horchata is EXCELLENT! :thumbsup2

Day Four - conclusion!

After getting my Horchata, I was feeling great! We killed a little more time around World Showcase, then headed, against my better judgement might I add, to Mission Space.

Okay, I went on Mission Space Orange years ago. And almost died. Like I literally almost passed out. (I've fainted a few times in my life, so I am quite familiar with that sensation.)

But I thought, heck, it's been awhile. I know what to expect. Maybe I can take it this time! Let's try!

SO I decided to do it. I was going to try Orange again. After I swore I never would.

dun dun DUN! (cue the dramatic music)

Okay, so here's my scared face as we waited to go in...

Milos reminded me that I could change my mind and go through without riding. But I wanted to give it another shot!

I made sure to breathe as those initial G-forces started kicking in on take off. Just breathe. Look forward. Look forward and breathe. Don't turn your head. Just keep breathing.

Let me say that I LOVE roller coasters! I love thrill rides. But clearly I was not meant to be an astronaut, because I just can't take the G-forces.

This is me after the ride.....

It was not good. Not good, people.

So after I had to sit there for awhile, we finally started walking through World Showcase. Destination: DHS (Disney Hollywood Studios for my non DIS peeps.)

I thought first about taking the boat, but wanted Milos to see the area around Boardwalk. I thought we could just catch the boat there. But then I was like, you know, why don't we just walk to DHS? So we did. It took slightly longer than I thought, but we were together having fun, so no biggie!

Our goal was to see the Osborne lights, of course. So we went and got some popcorn and Cokes and headed over to the light show.

Holy cow! Talk about insane Christmas lights. Like so many things, you really do have to see it to believe it.

Cont......

Awww, Jen! You looked so sad! There's NO WAY I would ever go on Mission:Space (I don't even like regular roller coasters). I sat outside and waited while Dan went on last time. If we see each other this November, Dan and Milos can ride it together, and we'll go have a glass of wine :rotfl:

cont....

Once we took in the spectacle of crazy lights, we headed over to the ToT/RnRC area. Our goal was to just ride them a bunch of times over and over! Yeah! :hyper:

We did Tower of Terror twice!

We did Rockin Roller Coaster twice!

THen we got in line for Tower of Terror ONE more time before closing. We made it in just in time.

And guess what?......

We got the last elevator of the night - ALL TO OURSELVES!

So yeah, it was a bit creepy I must admit. For all the many many times I've ridden this ride, with no fear whatsoever, suddenly it was a little bit scary!

But that wasn't the only scary part.

You see, ever since that ride on Mission Space Orange, I never felt 100% back to normal. Then add a whole bunch of rides in a row on RnRC and ToT....

Well, I was suddenly totally attacked with my motion sickness. I felt so horrible.

We actually couldn't even get on the bus back to the resort. We went into the bus, and then got back out, because I was kind of afraid that I would puke all over the place if it started driving.

We decided to wait to the next bus. Of course, I guess we were the last two people at DHS that night who were going back to AKL/AKV. The security people came up to us and had to call a bus to get us to take us back.

I just made it to the resort - still feeling horrible.

Even the elevator ride up to our floor triggered a feeling of maybe needing to puke. But I didn't. I just hovered there. That terrible motion sickness place of feeling like you're on the edge of puking, but you never do. It sucks.

After relaxing back in the room a little, I started to feel better.

And that is where we end Day Four! (Some trip details are inappropriate for the DIS...)

Next up - our last day! (So sad!)

Stay tuned!

Awww, Jen! You looked so sad! There's NO WAY I would ever go on Mission:Space (I don't even like regular roller coasters). I sat outside and waited while Dan went on last time. If we see each other this November, Dan and Milos can ride it together, and we'll go have a glass of wine :rotfl:

Alas, if the only feeling I had at that moment was sadness, it would have been a good thing. :sick::sick:

Yeah, we'll let the guys ride that. We can head over to Mexico for some yummy drinks.... :drinking1

Usually I never have motion sickness issues at Disney. Besides Mission Space Orange, the only ride I couldn't handle was the old Body Wars ride. I rode that as a kid and I DID throw up. (That would not be on the list of good Disney memories....)

Okay, I went on Mission Space Orange years ago. And almost died. Like I literally almost passed out. (I've fainted a few times in my life, so I am quite familiar with that sensation.)

But I thought, heck, it's been awhile. I know what to expect. Maybe I can take it this time! Let's try!

SO I decided to do it. I was going to try Orange again. After I swore I never would.

dun dun DUN! (cue the dramatic music)

This is me after the ride.....
And that is why I go on the green side of Mission Space!! I had to skip an ADR at Morocco one night after a trip to the orange side! :eek:

But I must say, you recovered quite nicely!!

And then you went on RnR TWICE and ToT THRICE?!?! :scared1:

Hmmm.... :rolleyes1

I've never seen nor heard of this happening...
We got the last elevator of the night - ALL TO OURSELVES!

So glad you started feeling better though! :thumbsup2

Great TR update!!

Sorry about your ride on Mission Space Orange :sick: and then not feeling too well later, trying to return to AKL. :crazy2: My wife had the same reaction to MS Orange. We told her it was just like the Green side, just more "intense", like they advertise, and we thought that she could handle it no problem. Wrong. The spinning was just too much for her and she had to sit for about a half-hour afterward. Okay, so now we know!

Hey, since you're living in Vienna now, if I may be so bold, I'm attaching a link to a pre-trip report I wrote back in 2009. That may seem odd, but wait -- there are chapter links in the first post and I thought you might like some chapters in it (6-18) which recount a European trip we took back in 2006. (I posted them when I was killing time in between Disney trip planning stuff.) I thought you might like the Vienna chapters in particular (10-18). Living there, I'm sure you've seen a lot of these sights! You must go to Gasthaus Ubl, one of my favorite meals of the trip.

Joining in! Loving your TR!

I'm so sorry you got sick...twice!! No fair! But it seems you had a great time otherwise and hopefully we find out you created another Disney addict! Hope your last day was wonderful!

And that is why I go on the green side of Mission Space!! I had to skip an ADR at Morocco one night after a trip to the orange side! :eek:

But I must say, you recovered quite nicely!!

And then you went on RnR TWICE and ToT THRICE?!?! :scared1:

Hmmm.... :rolleyes1

I've never seen nor heard of this happening...

So glad you started feeling better though! :thumbsup2

Great TR update!!

Let's just say that I will never ever ever need a "reminder" of why I cannot do Mission Space Orange. Never. Ever.

Hahaha! I guess I just needed that "real life lesson" to make it really hit home. From now on I wait in the waiting area while Milos rides!

Sorry about your ride on Mission Space Orange :sick: and then not feeling too well later, trying to return to AKL. :crazy2: My wife had the same reaction to MS Orange. We told her it was just like the Green side, just more "intense", like they advertise, and we thought that she could handle it no problem. Wrong. The spinning was just too much for her and she had to sit for about a half-hour afterward. Okay, so now we know!

Hey, since you're living in Vienna now, if I may be so bold, I'm attaching a link to a pre-trip report I wrote back in 2009. That may seem odd, but wait -- there are chapter links in the first post and I thought you might like some chapters in it (6-18) which recount a European trip we took back in 2006. (I posted them when I was killing time in between Disney trip planning stuff.) I thought you might like the Vienna chapters in particular (10-18). Living there, I'm sure you've seen a lot of these sights! You must go to Gasthaus Ubl, one of my favorite meals of the trip.

You know it's really funny how people with motion sickness just really feel things differently. Milos literally doesn't feel much of anything on Mission Space Orange. Even though he is sympathetic, he just doesn't know what it really feels like to me when I ride it. And how it makes me feel like blacking out and puking. So I completely understand when some people say that it's just a little more intense than the Green side. Because that's also how he feels it.

Thanks for the link! I'll be sure to check it out! Vienna is great - it's a really wonderful city!

Joining in! Loving your TR!

I'm so sorry you got sick...twice!! No fair! But it seems you had a great time otherwise and hopefully we find out you created another Disney addict! Hope your last day was wonderful!

Thanks for joining in! Glad to have you along for the ride! :)

Day Five!

Alas, along came the day we all dread: the last day of our Disney trip. :sad1:

(Cue weeping sounds and many sad faces...)

BUT -
Today was going to be all about Magic Kingdom!

wooo hooooo!

I was super excited to see New Fantasyland in the daylight. On the travel agent trip in September, I only got to see it during MNSSHP - in the dark. And of course, so far on this trip, we had just been in MK for evening EMH.

We were going to really check it out. AND make sure to fit in some of the other awesome stuff in MK that must be done on every trip! I wanted Milos to get it all in!

We didn't get up and at 'em in time to make our FP+ time for Peter Pan's Flight. Milos will just have to experience that on our next trip.

Upon entering, we got some pics taken, of course...

***Oh hey, let me just mention one little thing....

My rule is that if you photo-bomb the pic, it's SO getting posted!!! :thumbsup2

hahhahahaha! (That's not the only one!....)

But we were going to get to Space Mountain for our 11:35 FP+ window. And while there, we got a Legacy FP with our regular tickets. (Hey, it was do-able at the time, so we did it. No passing judgement, people.)

Then it was time to head across the park...

We just happened to have a celebrity sighting along the way....

POOH BEAR! :wave2:

We were ultimately on our way to my favorite counter service restaurant in Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbour House!

Yay!

But like I said, there were certain things I had to see.... like the Cinderella fountain.

Although it was windy...

And that mom and kid weren't going anywhere, so I got a windy photo with some strangers. And Cinderella!.... kinda, sorta.... :)

I wanted Milos to experience my fave CS in MK, so it was time for some CHH, baby! :cool1:

Work that Photobomb!

We both got the shrimp...

And I snagged the best seat in the house - the part of the upstairs dining room that is above the walkway connecting Fantasyland and Liberty Square.

After lunch, we were on our way to Frontierland. We had a FP+ time for Big Thunder Mountain!

But we had to do one of the quintessential Disney cheesy photo stops along the way....

Hmm..... he's sort of making the same face I made when my grandparents made me do this same pose as a kid....

On our way.... passing Splash....

Of course BTMR was fun as usual. It's a mild coaster, so that's why you ALWAYS have to sit in the back car on this one. If you don't, you'll already be all the way down the hill by the time the back car gets over the hill and you start to have any momentum. Front car = slow ride. I absolutely ask for the last car every time on this ride.

Now, after Big Thunder, I thought I'd introduce Milos to something else that I really loved at Disney when I was a kid: Tom Sawyer's Island. My sister and I used to spend hours wandering the paths and exploring the mines and the fort. So fun!

However, when we got to the island, the one cave entrance was totally blocked off. In a very UN-Disney like fashion...

Wha-???

Once we got to the fort, it was time for Milos' inner child to come out - and to play with the toy guns...

Me? I just enjoyed the gun show... hehe... ;)

Pic across the water over to Big Thunder....

When we had sufficiently explored the tunnels and jumped around a few times on the barrel bridge, it was time to leave the island and head over to New Fantasyland!

Finally!.....

Day Five continued...

Alrighty, so we were making our way over to New Fantasyland, and I was snapping pics left and right....

(Leave it to Disney, they sure know how to do bathrooms right. Yes, that beautiful new building there is the new bathroom. It's purty....)

Now there're some muscles!....

After moving along from Gaston's Tavern (we made sure to walk inside to take in some of the detail), we headed over to Ariel's Grotto...

The ride was fun and all, but it's not going to be a "must-do" on every trip. I think it's one that my nieces will really like. Although, my oldest niece really loves coasters, so she might get bored with this one.

After our visit with Ariel and friends, it was time to head to Space Mountain to use our old-school Fastpasses....

Then, guess what we did....

The People Mover!

Okay, for some strange reason, I always loved this ride as a kid and ALWAYS had to go on it on every trip. Plus, it's a nice little chance to relax - and more importantly - get on a ride that basically never has a wait.

While enjoying our People Mover experience, Milos asked me if we were going to get on Expedition Everest again.

Nope, sorry babe, no time to get over to AK today.

That's when he said it: "You know, next time we come, we need at least 8 days to really be able to get more in. Five days just isn't enough."

And there you go.

A new Disney fan was officially born.

During the planning, he thought I was exaggerating when I said that five days would be a "short" trip.

He now admitted that he just hadn't known. He had had no idea that it would be so... BIG.

After that, we decided to grab some early dinner at Tomorrowland Terrace. Not my fave, I'll admit, but we needed to at least have a snack to tide us over.

And then, it was time for the slow walk to the exit. (But not too slow, we didn't want to miss our un-Magical Express to take us back to the airport.)

Few more pics on the way out of MK....

I think this one is a tad bit out of our budget....

Aaaaaand cue sad faces while waiting for the bus back to Kidani...

We had a few minutes to kill back at the resort, so we sat out back a little by the fire pit, and got a shot of the building....

It's really lovely and relaxing there. You get a real sense of being away from the hustle and bustle. Even though Jambo is still my favorite, Kidani is pretty awesome too.

Then it was time. Time to wait out front for the bus.

A quick check on the weather showed us this... SO nice for November, right???

We got back to the airport just fine. But let me tell you - the story is not over. Oh no. There was more adventure in store for us....

But THAT's for the next update!

That's when he said it: "You know, next time we come, we need at least 8 days to really be able to get more in. Five days just isn't enough."

Isn't that the best? It took me 3 years to convince Dan to go to Disney... and a few months after our trip, when he said (unprovoked and out of nowhere, mind you), "Aren't we supposed to be going back to Disney soon?", I was thrilled! And I had us booked within 2 days lol. Now he looks forward to it, and even has opinions about some of the planning :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter