A Princess and a Croatian Walk into a Bar...at Disney. (Updated 5/8/14, Pg.6)

That's when he said it: "You know, next time we come, we need at least 8 days to really be able to get more in. Five days just isn't enough."

So did you do the I told you so dance;)

Brave doing the orange side. I just cannot bring myself to try it.
Love walking over to DHS.
That is awesome you had the elevator to yourselves.
So sorry to hear how you felt after all the rides.

Glenn I am going to read about Vienna. I have a 6 hour layover in September and want to explore.

Isn't that the best? It took me 3 years to convince Dan to go to Disney... and a few months after our trip, when he said (unprovoked and out of nowhere, mind you), "Aren't we supposed to be going back to Disney soon?", I was thrilled! And I had us booked within 2 days lol. Now he looks forward to it, and even has opinions about some of the planning :thumbsup2

I hear ya! When I told Milos I didn't know if we'd get to Disney this year, he was all sad and said he really wanted to go. Hence me making the BWV reservation to have just in case!

And Milos for sure has opinions about planning the dining. Our ADR date is coming up soon, so I need to figure out where he'll be okay with eating - only have 3 definites so far.

That's when he said it: "You know, next time we come, we need at least 8 days to really be able to get more in. Five days just isn't enough."

So did you do the I told you so dance;)

hahahaha! I might have secretly done a little dance inside - haha!

Brave doing the orange side. I just cannot bring myself to try it.
Love walking over to DHS.
That is awesome you had the elevator to yourselves.
So sorry to hear how you felt after all the rides.

Glenn I am going to read about Vienna. I have a 6 hour layover in September and want to explore.

You know, the walk was longer than I expected over to DHS, but also not too bad. Nice and relaxing.

And if I did learn any lessons on this trip, it's that I can never ride Mission Space Orange again for as long as I live. :thumbsup2

I hear ya! When I told Milos I didn't know if we'd get to Disney this year, he was all sad and said he really wanted to go. Hence me making the BWV reservation to have just in case!

And Milos for sure has opinions about planning the dining. Our ADR date is coming up soon, so I need to figure out where he'll be okay with eating - only have 3 definites so far.

We can start making ours on May 19th! Jiko, California Grill, and Be Our Guest are our top 3. Looking forward to trying Big River Grille, too, since we'll be at BWV and have never tried it before. I'm the picky eater in our relationship - Dan will eat anything!

We can start making ours on May 19th! Jiko, California Grill, and Be Our Guest are our top 3. Looking forward to trying Big River Grille, too, since we'll be at BWV and have never tried it before. I'm the picky eater in our relationship - Dan will eat anything!

Be Our Guest is also a definite for us - crossing my fingers! And we want to do Yachtsman as our signature choice. After that, I want Yak & Yeti - which has enough on it that Milos can find something. I'm a big fan.

We both really like Kona, but now with the construction at the Poly, I'm not sure if it will be open. I heard rumors they might close it down for a bit during the construction work.

Okay, I promised one more update....

Because the adventures don't always end when you leave Disney.

On our way back to PA, we had a layover. No biggie. We could deal. The first leg was fine. The pilot said he was able to find a nice route through some bad weather that was being reported.

However, when it was time to catch our next flight, it was delayed - as there were storms going on all along the east coast. So it was late getting in. Then they had to clean it and get it ready for our flight.

We finally got in the air.

Um, I'm thinking it would have been best for them to delay us a bit longer?

We essentially had the most terrifying flight of our lives. Now, Milos and I are veteran flyers. We've flown SO much, including LOTS of overseas flights. So we've been through lots of different air experiences.

But we both agreed that this was the worst one we've ever been on. Ever. Of all time. Simply terrifying.

We're not talking normal turbulence here, we had that in droves, but that's okay. What was horribly unnerving was all the dropping and sideways "sliding" that the plane was doing. It was like sliding sideways on ice and then dropping through holes in the sky. We spent the entire flight gripping each other's hands in fear.

Finally, we landed in Philly.

We got a shuttle to SmartPark and I got to drive us home in a monsoon rainstorm with flooding all along the PA turnpike.

Needless to say, we slept hard that night, and were both glad to be on the ground: together and safe.

So that my dear readers was our trip! I hope you enjoyed hearing about it!

And we are tentatively going back for EIGHT days (haha!) this next November. And I'll be sure to tell you all about it! (Time to make our ADRs in a week!)

Thanks for reading! :):goodvibes:wave2:

So sorry you had a rough flight back but so glad you did this TR....it was FANTASTIC!! I hope you do another after your November trip. I'll be looking forward to it! :thumbsup2

So sorry you had a rough flight back but so glad you did this TR....it was FANTASTIC!! I hope you do another after your November trip. I'll be looking forward to it! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed the TR! :):):):):)

(And I honestly hope to NEVER have another flight experience like that one again. We later found out that many flights had actually been canceled that night, the weather was that bad.)

Another great TR -- thanks, Jen! Really hoping you guy can go in November! :goodvibes

Thanks!!! Me too! Just have to assess the financial situation closer to that time. But at least we'll have a place to stay and will have our ADRs ready to go! Hopefully I can get a few more travel clients and have some commissions coming in to cover it! :thumbsup2

I know exactly what you mean about that air turbulence being of the "sliding and dropping" variety. I've had a couple of those in my day, but none for a long time thankfully. Glad you made it home safely.

Thanks for the report, I enjoyed tagging along. :goodvibes

I know exactly what you mean about that air turbulence being of the "sliding and dropping" variety. I've had a couple of those in my day, but none for a long time thankfully. Glad you made it home safely.

Thanks for the report, I enjoyed tagging along. :goodvibes

And thank you for reading along! Hope to have you as a reader next time!

What a wonderful last day in Magic Kingdom! Looks like a blast.

So funny about your boyfriend becoming a Disney person! :thumbsup2 Welcome to the club, sir! :woohoo:

One of my good friends went on a 3 night Disney cruise with me this past January. We weren't even done with the first day when she turned to me and said, "I can already see that 3 nights isn't going to be enough." Now she's a convert.

SO scary about your flight home - that's terrifying. Glad it all ended well and you got home safely.

What a wonderful last day in Magic Kingdom! Looks like a blast.

So funny about your boyfriend becoming a Disney person! :thumbsup2 Welcome to the club, sir! :woohoo:

One of my good friends went on a 3 night Disney cruise with me this past January. We weren't even done with the first day when she turned to me and said, "I can already see that 3 nights isn't going to be enough." Now she's a convert.

SO scary about your flight home - that's terrifying. Glad it all ended well and you got home safely.

Thanks a bunch for reading along! (And yes, our flight was truly terrifying!)

Glad to hear about another convert! Haha! :thumbsup2

Thanks for taking us along on this terrific ride. Enjoyed every minute!

I hate the "sliding" and dropping. I grab whoever is next to me. LOl.

Great report and pics. Thanks for sharing.

I hate the "sliding" and dropping. I grab whoever is next to me. LOl.

Great report and pics. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much for reading! Hope you'll read along for the next one! :)

I see you're going to be visiting Micky in Paris? (Sorry if I missed that earlier, but I just noticed your countdown!) Let me know if you have any questions - I was at Disneyland Paris last year. :-)

Thanks so much for reading! Hope you'll read along for the next one! :)

I see you're going to be visiting Micky in Paris? (Sorry if I missed that earlier, but I just noticed your countdown!) Let me know if you have any questions - I was at Disneyland Paris last year. :-)

Thanks. It is actually my 2nd trip. Pretty much researched out for Italy and Paris. I have been looking at Vienna for what to do. I only have a 6 hour layover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter