A Thank You - Costco/Universal tickets! (long)

The new Costco in Fort Oglethorpe, GA, right next to the TN/GA line (near Chattanooga) has plenty! :thumbsup2

I think that the closer you get to Florida, the better chance you have a scoring these tickets. I was at a Costco close to my house in Cobb County and they had plenty. They are $139.99 for three days (which will be $559.96 for our family of 4. I paid $89.99 for 3 months in 2009:sad2: But, if you really look at it, it's $46.66 per person per day:) That makes me feel better and it sounded much better when I had to explain it.)

Thanks so much for all the good information on this thread.

I would like to clarify a few points......

Is this ticket good for park to park on the same day? ie, Do you have to burn through two days to parkhop? Or can you go on three separate visits and see both parks on each day?

Is this upgradeable to an annual pass?

THANKS!

Is this ticket good for park to park on the same day? ie, Do you have to burn through two days to parkhop? Or can you go on three separate visits and see both parks on each day?

Is this upgradeable to an annual pass?

THANKS!

The Costco ticket is a 2-park pass. You can visit both parks on the same day, and it will count only as one day of use for ticket purposes.

I am less certain about the upgrade question. Probably MetroWest or phamton will provide the answer shortly. In particular, I wonder about the 12-31-14 expiration date of the Costco ticket and whether such an upgrade would have to be done on the first day of use.

Costco in Danvers, Mass.

I got the 2013 expiration. Never checked for a different one.

Good deal!

Thanks MIChessguy.

I just went out and purchased them. I called a few local Costcos and wound up at the one in Union, NJ.

They were $139.99 including tax.

This is a great deal especially considering that the 1 day park to park pass costs $119!

Thank you so much for this tip! We picked up our tickets yesterday at the Waterbury, CT Costco. They have a TON if anybody in this area is looking for them. Can't wait to use ours!

So, I just snagged 4 of these in Alabama for a trip we are planning in December. Were only planning to go for 2 days, but might as well have that third free one just in case! Question is, has anyone actually used these outside a 14-day window? I know it doesn't say that anywhere on the ticket, but I'm still just a little scared that I'll use one day during a possible April trip, then get to the park in December with expired tix! Thanks!

I have used 1 day of mine and am not going back until April 2012. I rechecked my tickets and there is nowhere on it that restricts to 14 days or to consecutive days. I think that they would have to put a restriction that modifies "any 3 days until 12/31/2013" on the face of the ticket. Also, as many have reported that the ads in numerous Costcos said "cheaper than 3 single tickets"--certainly implying they can be used any 3 single days.
I think if a mistake was made by Univ. on the tickets that they would honor the 3 days--they have sold thousands of tickets and will have a lot of dissatisfied persons otherwise. I found IOA customer service to be very reasonable and I am sure they would honor these tickets, even if that was not what they "meant" to sell.
There are 1000s of persons who have never been to Orlando and have no idea that the tickets that Univ sells usually expire within 14 days. And, Costco has sold unique Univ. tickets before--remember the 3 month passes for $99?

The new Costco in Fort Oglethorpe, GA, right next to the TN/GA line (near Chattanooga) has plenty! :thumbsup2

We were just there yesterday and they still had a whole pallet full. I'm really tempted....there are 7 of us. We don't usually go to Universal though, last year my husband and oldest son went to HHN and checked out the parks before. I really wanted to check out Harry Potter, but is it worth 3 days worth of tickets.

We were just there yesterday and they still had a whole pallet full. I'm really tempted....there are 7 of us. We don't usually go to Universal though, last year my husband and oldest son went to HHN and checked out the parks before. I really wanted to check out Harry Potter, but is it worth 3 days worth of tickets.

I would say yes, because you could easily use 2 days mainly on WWoHP. If you think you'll be in the area at least twice before the tickets expire, it is worth it.

We bought ours yesterday! :banana: We made sure to get the 2014 ones. Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2

Does this ticket apply for both adults and children? Or is it just an adult ticket?

I don't know where you guys are finding these for Orlando, all i can find is for Calif...........

I don't know where you guys are finding these for Orlando, all i can find is for Calif...........

Costco, Wilmington. where are you?

There was just one ticket option, I think it's good for adults and children, but I'm not sure.

I'm between Greensboro and Winston-Salem NC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter