A Thank You - Costco/Universal tickets! (long)

They are just indivdual tickets - no packaging.

I would imagine they are returnable per Costco's policy if they are not signed (they require signature for use, as do all Universal tickets I've seen).

Costco does charge tax on the tickets.

The Costco I went to here in Naperville, IL did NOT charge tax - $559.96 for 4 tickets. I don't think they can in Illinois as ours is a sales and use tax and there is no way I can actually use these tickets in Illinois.

What do I need to do on the first day of using the Costco tickets? I want to be there for early entry (staying onsite), but I don't want to waste any time getting the tickets validated.

How are they used on the first day?

Thanks,
Sandra

What do I need to do on the first day of using the Costco tickets? I want to be there for early entry (staying onsite), but I don't want to waste any time getting the tickets validated.

How are they used on the first day?

Thanks,
Sandra

No special activation necessary. It is your ticket. Go straight to the turnstiles.

Right - they are the same media you would get if your bought the ticket there (just with a different expiration). Just sign and go through the turnstile.

Are these tickets upgradeable? TIA

If you are going to upgrade them, it really makes no sense to purchase them. The normal price for a three day park to park is around the same. The only thing that makes them worthwhile is the fact that they don't expire for a few years instead of 14 days. If you upgrade them, they will be expiring within 14 days.

I friend picked up four of these tickets for me in North Austin. The tickets are $144.99 each and good until 12/31/14. :banana:

We are headed to Orlando in August and again next June. :cool1:

I bought two of these a few months ago and when I went back to buy another two, I couldn't find the display. I asked at Customer Service and the merchandise pickup areas and they both said they were sold out.

Yet, we found a display of the checkout cards elsewhere in the store, so we managed to buy the other two tickets we needed after all.

Now I realize that the first set I purchased expires in 2013, the other pair in 2014. Just look carefully at the tickets when they give them to you at merchandise pickup, especially if the checkout card says 2014. We plan to use two days later this year and one day on another Orlando trip in the future. We'll just have to remember to use them up before 12/2013. It's still a good bargain.

They're $144.99 (& no tax in NH). They're the ones that expire in December 2014. They have them towards the back of the store (not up front where they usually have the gift cards) on the left hand side isle (On the left when you walk in the front door). If you walk down the isle, they're right before where the books & wine starts / just past the flowers. Hope this helps my fellow NE DIS'ers! :goodvibes

ACtually, they have been there for some time - they occassionally disappear and come back, but I got mine there some time ago.

These cards just appeared at Oak Brook, IL for the first time.

$145., Dec. 2014 expiration.

Has anyone seen them in NY--LI, Queens or Nanuet? Or is there a stock number for the 2014 expiry tix so I can call the stores?

Is the thing that makes these a good deal the fact that they can be used on 3 non-consecutive days? We will be at Universal for two days this December, and from the Universal website it looks like a two-day ticket is either $115 (one park per day) or $135 (park-to-park access). So with the Costco tickets, we would not save money compared to the two-day ticket but we would have an extra day that we could use on our next trip? Am I understanding this correctly? Also, does anyone know if the Costco tickets are one park per day or park-to-park?

Thanks! Kids (all teens!) are SO excited about Harry Potter World!

Is the thing that makes these a good deal the fact that they can be used on 3 non-consecutive days? We will be at Universal for two days this December, and from the Universal website it looks like a two-day ticket is either $115 (one park per day) or $135 (park-to-park access). So with the Costco tickets, we would not save money compared to the two-day ticket but we would have an extra day that we could use on our next trip? Am I understanding this correctly? Also, does anyone know if the Costco tickets are one park per day or park-to-park?

Thanks! Kids (all teens!) are SO excited about Harry Potter World!

No tickets need to be used consecutively. The thing that makes this a good deal is that you can use one day this year, one day next year and the third day the following year if you want. They are also park to park tickets.

The website tickets are to be used within 14 days of first use. You can use them any of those 14 days but once that 14 days is up, your tickets expire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter