A Ton! Of reservations just opened up Nov-Dec!

Just received 8 gift cards. I’m happy with that. We leave in 9 days so I will work furiously to try to replace what we lost.

I made 2 modifications during the glitch. 1 (Beaches and Cream) I received the cancellation email and the $25 gift card email. Do you think I’ll get to keep the other (Chefs de France)?

Gift card arrived. My other adr still there. But its homecommin
I’m wondering if third party will survive because they release so little availability to Disney anyway. As long as their own reservations weren’t full I’m sure Disney could work a deal to keep the slots they accidentally booked out. My Yak and Yeti and Rainforest are still live.

I made 2 modifications during the glitch. 1 (Beaches and Cream) I received the cancellation email and the $25 gift card email. Do you think I’ll get to keep the other (Chefs de France)?
Possibly. Chefs tends to be less in demand so maybe they can accommodate on your date.

Hopefully they are sending them out in groups because I only got one gift card. We lost 2 reservations

I received the 2nd one almost 20 minutes after the first. So at least they came. Still waiting on hold to talk(1 hr and 45 minute wait so far) with them about whether they can do anything about our lost reservations as these reservations are on our 20th anniversary. We wanted to go somewhere special and there are so few places to go with covid.

Last edited:
I just got 4 gift cards, which I am thrilled with.

I really thought the entire thing on Tuesday seemed sketchy, so I was super careful to not cancel anything when booking a couple new reservations. So i ended up keeping what I needed, and netted $100.

I received the 2nd one almost 20 minutes after the first. So at least they came. Still waiting on hold to talk(1 hr and 45 minute wait so far) with them about whether they can do anything about our lost reservations as these reservations are on our 20th anniversary. We wanted to go somewhere special and there are so few places to go with covid.

Well that makes me want to cry, I was on hold for 2 hours and 10 minutes and....click.

Got my two gift cards. Was able to make two new reservations, though not the best choices. I think they should have done more, like assisting each of us with making new reservations without waiting on-hold for 2 plus hours. They should have called us!

I just checked this out. How does it work if it sends you an alert but you miss the reservation or don't take it because it is at a bad time? Do you have to pay for another alert or will it continue to send you alerts until you cancel it?
It will continue to send alerts until you cancel it or I think when it reaches the desired date. You can choose to deactivate it whenever you want, but once you make the alert, you can't change the restaurant or the date. You can only edit the lunch/dinner option, party size, and phone number.

I am quite pissed.
I AGREE and FEEL IT !

Got 4 of 5 cancelled. Was able to get 3 of 4 back ON MY OWN while on hold with Disney. Wasn't able to get my Sci-Fi rez back. Did get the "cool" $25 gift cards x 4. The day though, that I had Sci-Fi, there is basically nothing to book in Hollywood Studios other than Hollywood Brown Derby which I already have one for another day of the week of our va-cay. Just sucks too cuz I live in Cali and was up hella' early to make the initial rez-ervations!

(I'm still on hold with Disney as i'm typing this post)

It's $25 per cancelled reservation - and it's because of their priority of safety over profit.

I absolutely cannot complain about this. Keep looking for reservations and also remember there is walk up availability as an option now.

Walk up reservations for Topolino's and Oga's on Thanksgiving day? I don't think so!

Had I known I could've made out with these "on line" gift cards, I would've loaded up on as many rez-ervations as I could've and just had Disney eliminate the ones that didn't work for them and canceled all the xtra ones I had on my own, kept the ones that Disney didn't cancel and made out with more gift cardz !

I got 4 gift cards for the two new ones ( HV and VN) and two modifications ( Beaches and Cream and LTT) . I have been able to get new ADRs for all but HV . The new ones aren’t the ideal time but better than nothing . I feel bad for those who aren’t as lucky as I was - especially on a holiday ( I am nov 30- dec 5)

I think they should have done more, like assisting each of us with making new reservations without waiting on-hold for 2 plus hours. They should have called us!

So this is a long post, but stick with me because it's bizarre...

In total, I made 7 new reservations on the 3rd. One of them was 3:30 for the Beaches and Cream on 12/4. However, once my reservations started disappearing, I immediately went and put my *********** alerts back on, and when I was putting in one for B&C, the 3:30 pm slot popped up. I was actually able to book it and so far, it's still in my plans, so...that was a headscratcher...

The bigger surprise was when I called. I was also reluctant to call because of the two hour wait, but work was slow so I went for it. I finally got a CM named Ross, and the exasperation in my voice made it obvious that I was drained from this whole fiasco. I told him I didn't expect much help considering none of my dining alerts went off, but when one of my Topolino's reservations for 8:00 am vanished, I got an alert for 8:40 am only to find that the slot was gone. I asked was there any way to check for reservations for the morning of 12/2 or 12/4 for TT, but again, I was doubtful because of the two things the automated message tells you when you call: 1) the CMs can't book you a reservation for a sold out restaurant and 2) what you see and what the CM sees when making reservations are the same.

LO AND BEHOLD: he found reservations for BOTH DAYS when on my end, it was showing no availability. As a bonus, Ross added my graduation as a special occasion for one of the TT reservations. He actually encouraged me to give him the names of some of the ones I lost from Tuesday to see if something comes up, and sure enough, I got my BOG dinner back. The only one's I'm missing is a H&V for 12/1 and The Plaza Restaurant lunch for 12/3. He did, however, hook us up with an Oga's Cantina reservation for 12/1, which hadn't crossed my mind, but I took it!

TL;DR: if you've experienced this glitch and all your dates are booked up, CALL. Yes, it will be a long wait today and probably will be for the next few days, but a CM might be able to help you out. However, I can only assume it will be harder for larger parties and the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's to get some of the cancelled reservations back, but if you have time to spare, please call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter