A-Z 4 park challenge - possible?

eileen2664

Mouseketeer
Ds (now 13) and I have been searching for a challenge on our next trip (mid-May). We did 4 parks/1 day on our last trip in ‘22 and had a blast but we want to mix it up a bit. Found the idea to do an alphabet or A-Z challenge.

What do you think? Is it possible? Had a hard time coming up ideas for some of the letters so if you have something better let me know! Also tips, tricks, ideas are welcome!

Note: we’re not doing them in alphabetical order! Also, staying at YC, should have extended evening hours at MK and will pay for G+/ILL

A-Z
A: Avatar AK
B: Big Thunder Mt MK
C: cosmic rewind (guardians) EP
D: Dinosaur AK
E: Eeyore (Pooh ride) MK
F: Frozen EP
G: Grand Fiesta tour EP
H: Haunted Mansion MK
I: It’s tough to be a bug AK
J: Jungle Cruise MK
K: Kilimanjaro Safari AK
L: Living with the Land EP
M: Minnie & Mickey Railroad DHS
N: Nemo EP
O: One Man’s Dream DHS
P: Pirates MK
Q: Fab 50 Quest (statues) all parks
R: Rise DHS
S: Slinky Dog DHS
T: Test Track EP
U:Under the Sea MK
V: Vacation Fun short video DHS
W: Walt Disney Railroad MK
X: Star Tours (x-wing fighters) DHS
Y: Yeti @ Expedition Everest AK
Z: Zurg @ Buzz Lightyear MK

While sounds great it sounds near impossible! On a good day we can accomplish about 15-17 attractions in one park. Attempting 26 plus transportation to all 4 parks sounds daunting!

If you decide to do it, I’d love to hear how it goes!

With enough determination, it seems doable. I may avoid VQ rides to help guarantee success.

So a 50/50 shot….sounds about right 🤣

I think I need to make a few modifications..,,
Change Cosmic Rewind to either Cinderellas castle or Club Cool
Maybe change Frozen to Figment more due to location
Torn on Rise….Ive never been on it and its on my must do for this trip, just not sure its a good idea for this day, its just a long attraction but on the flipside I want the challenge to be challenging and don’t want to take the easy way out.

We’re just over a week out from challenge day and yesterday he told older ds that this challenge was the only part of the trip he was looking forward to 😳. OMG, the pressure!!!!!

Throw in the fact that the weather is now predicted to be 90+ and thunderstorms and, well, it’s gonna be interesting. But we now have firm park hours so that’s something.

Here’s the current plan….open to feedback!

At 7am: book slinky, buy rise, buy avatar

Bus to AK (we won’t make rope drop but hopefully 8/8:30 we’ll get there).
Start at Avatar then Kilimanjaro, Everest to see the Yeti, Dino, ITTBAB, grab photos at the tree and of the statues. Hoping to be head out by noonish.

Bus to HS (by this point I’m hoping we’ll have LLs for Slinky, MMRR & Rise)
In addition we need to see Olaf, Vader & Woody plus ride Xwing fighters @ Star Tours (X is hard, what can I say) and take photos of the statues. Hoping to be out by about 4.

Skyliner to Epcot (time permitting, I think we can walk/boat faster). Hopefully we’ll have lucked into a LL for Frozen but if not we’ll pivot to Figment.
Take the boat from Morocco to Canada (assuming we skylined over). Take pics of statues, hit LWTL, Nemo, Club Cool, Frozen (or figment), Gran Fiesta and hopefullly TT. Hoping to be out by 7.

Monorail to MK (hopefully got LL for Jungle Cruise). Ride BTMRR (during fireworks would be great!), shop the Emporium, ride HM, Pirates, Under the Sea, Tron or Tiki Room (if we didn’t do TT @ Epcot) and defeat Zurg. And of course finish off our Quest with the final statue photos. MK closes at midnight.

Bus to the hotel. Question my sanity. Don’t move for days.

That will give us 26 “things”, a bunch of pictures and a ton of memories. I didn’t include food cuz that’s not important to us. Well grab QS/snacks when we’re hungry.

Sounds like so much fun- you have a great plan! Have an amazing time with your ds. Will definitely be full of memories, laughter and fun!
Be sure to report back!

Sept of 22 DH and I completed 31 rides over 6 parks (Uni parks included) in one day to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. It was so fun but really crazy.

As long as you have a plan in place it is doable. Definitely use early rope dropping and extra hours if possible and take advantage of G+.

My only suggestion is to make sure you schedule this near the end of your trip. A day like that is exhausting.

I'm not sure about the exact dates of your trip, but Vacation Fun is closed for refurb until May 25th. (At least according to the website). Just wanted you to have a heads up in case you need to modify your plan. Have fun, it sounds like a blast!

Statues seem like the hardest part. And you might dislocate a shoulder trying to get them all to react.

Certainly doable. I've done every attraction in MK in one day.

Sept of 22 DH and I completed 31 rides over 6 parks (Uni parks included) in one day to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. It was so fun but really crazy.

As long as you have a plan in place it is doable. Definitely use early rope dropping and extra hours if possible and take advantage of G+.

My only suggestion is to make sure you schedule this near the end of your trip. A day like that is exhausting.
Whoa, 6 parks! That’s impressive!!

We’re doing it in the middle of the week but the next day is a down day with nothing firm planned, maybe a water park. Last time we did it the last day (just 4 parks not a goal # of rides) and didn’t care for having to pack up and leave tired.

Might you change up rides / experiences for dining at times?
Not for this challenge. This kid is super picky and food/eating just isn’t enjoyable for him so we’ll just eat for fuel this day. Dh is at a conference this day but he does enjoy eating around Disney so we’ll get plenty of dining experiences on the other days of our trip.

I'm not sure about the exact dates of your trip, but Vacation Fun is closed for refurb until May 25th. (At least according to the website). Just wanted you to have a heads up in case you need to modify your plan. Have fun, it sounds like a blast!
Thanks! Yes, we have to pivot to seeing Darth Vader instead.

Not for this challenge. This kid is super picky and food/eating just isn’t enjoyable for him so we’ll just eat for fuel this day. Dh is at a conference this day but he does enjoy eating around Disney so we’ll get plenty of dining experiences on the other days of our trip.
Gotcha :) I was just thinking it gave you time and more letter options :) Have fun!

Maybe make a list with multiple rides for each letter : ie Tot 9HS) TT (E) Tron (MK).

Gives you quick alternatives while walking with purpose.

I love it. I’d definitely settle for pics of the statues cuz I have zero luck with those things. I’d totally have to make a Shutterfly book of that adventure—good luck!!!

I love a good challenge! My son and I are doing all rides in 2 days on our next trip (we aren't quite up for the all rides in 1 day challenge yet). This one looks super fun and definitely challenging. I would probably throw in a few more low queue/walk on type attractions in place of some of the ones that you know run out of LLs quickly, just to make it a little less stressful. Other than that, I think it's awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter