ABD Backstage Magic - Summer 2010 Edition!

I'm in the same situation. I can't justify spending the extra money to add more days on at this point. I'd love to see more of California though.

I just have to say...I'm so excited that World of Color has premiered. Since I know we'll be there in a month, I've been avoiding the videos. I want to experience it in person the first time.

How about everyone else? Is there one certain thing that you are looking forward to on this trip? I'm really looking forward to the whole experience but Imagineering and WOC are on the top of my list.

I'm with you - I haven't watched any of the videos of WOC yet! I'm also hoping we'll get to see Fantasmic, since I've heard it's even more amazing at DL.

I'm flying out late (9:20 pm) on Friday, so I'm hoping to hit the parks for the day on Friday to get my last taste in, but I just can't leave my kids for any longer than I already am. I also need to find really special gifts for the fellow Disney fans who will be watching them while I'm away!

I also need to find really special gifts for the fellow Disney fans who will be watching them while I'm away!

Keep in mind that you will be visiting Mickey's of Glendale (Imaginnering). There is a small store at the Studios (across from the commissary) and a small selection of stuff when visiting Walt's Barn in Griffith Park (if they are into trains).

Other than Walt's Barn...these are fairly exclusive shopping venues.

I'm sure you heard the stories of melting credit cards from the last ABD trip. I'm pretty sure the staff has completed their crisis counseling.;)

I am looking forward to seeing, Club 33, WOC, Fantasmic, Shoppeing at Imagineering, Seeing the Archives. Mike is into trains so I think he will enjoy the Barn. I am just so excited for this trip.

Disneyrob

I am looking forward to shopping at Imagineering, Club 33, and visiting DL and DCA.

I have a question. Do you think that we will get priority for WOC or will we need to use a fastpass to see this show? I was not sure how this would work while we were on this tour.

Nichole - I don't have the answer to your question but I think I remember that there is VIP seating for an afternoon parade. It would be amazing if we got VIP seating for WOC. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'm with you - I haven't watched any of the videos of WOC yet! I'm also hoping we'll get to see Fantasmic, since I've heard it's even more amazing at DL.

I'm flying out late (9:20 pm) on Friday, so I'm hoping to hit the parks for the day on Friday to get my last taste in...

I've been avoiding much information about WOC too - I'm hoping we will get to see that and Fantasmic without too much trouble. Oh please, oh please. :)

There's so much I'm excited about seeing and doing - Club 33, Imagineering, the Archives...everything that makes a Disney Geek happy! My husband and I are both major Disney Geeks, so this is going to be an amazing trip. :yay:

We're trying to fly out as late as possible on Friday night to maximize that park time on Friday too. We can sleep after we get home!

There's so much I'm excited about seeing and doing - Club 33, Imagineering, the Archives...everything that makes a Disney Geek happy! My husband and I are both major Disney Geeks, so this is going to be an amazing trip. :yay:!

Club 33 is a huge draw for me too, and I'm sooooo thankful :worship: to whoever it is that is making it possible for us to go there. Such a treat!

My flight back is around 5pm on Friday. I'll have some time that morning to head to the park(s). Even at that time, I won't be back in GA until midnight due to the time difference. I'm hoping to have someone drop me off / pick me up from the airport...I may be stretching it a bit. We'll see how much my brother loves me. :)

Kristen - Would you mind editing your original post to include a list of attendees? I've started the list below. I'm hoping to keep board names and real names straight. :)

ragtopday - Kristen
nmoore14 - Nichole
chropistopy - Christy
DisneyRob - Rob & Mike
grizbuzz - John & Jen
relspeak - Anne & Alan
Jeff & Stacy in NYC - Stacy & Jeff
NitroStitch - Lisa & Paul
ScrappinDW - Pam & Mary

Kevin - I know that Pete and Walter will be joining us. Will we get the pleasure of meeting anyone else from the Podcast team on this trip?

Kristen - Would you mind editing your original post to include a list of attendees? I've started the list below. I'm hoping to keep board names and real names straight. :)

ragtopday - Kristen
nmoore14 - Nichole
chropistopy - Christy
DisneyRob - Rob & Mike
grizbuzz - John & Jen
relspeak - Anne & Alan
Jeff & Stacy in NYC - Stacy & Jeff
NitroStitch - Lisa & Paul
ScrappinDW - Pam & Mary

Kevin - I know that Pete and Walter will be joining us. Will we get the pleasure of meeting anyone else from the Podcast team on this trip?

I am going to add this list to Kristen's original post. I dont think she will mind.

Currently, there is only one ABDer missing from the list, other than Pete and Walter.

At this point, I dont think any other Podcasters will be joining you on your Adventure. I know that John and I are unable to attend.

Thanks Kristen for making the list of screen names and real names! That was a great idea!:thumbsup2

We are especially excited about Club 33:woohoo:, Walt's apartment:yay:, and the Lilly Belle:cool1:. (Jeff is also a train guy.) We are saving up for Mickey's of Glendale, because we are both huge WED/Imagineering nuts. :wizard:

I am going to add this list to Kristen's original post. I dont think she will mind.

Currently, there is only one ABDer missing from the list, other than Pete and Walter.

At this point, I dont think any other Podcasters will be joining you on your Adventure. I know that John and I are unable to attend.

hmmm...the mysterious missing ABDer...did I miss him/her when going through the posts or are they actually missing? :)

come out, come out, wherever you are...

This is truly the case where the total is greater than the sum of all the parts. And how great is each part! I love touring Hollywood. Imagineering is some place I never thought we would visit. Backstage at DLR will be amazing. Anne wants to hit Midway Mania at ropedrop on the last Friday. We have been able to be the first ones on the ride in the past and that makes sure we get on the board. I hate when the blue-haired little old ladies outscore me. We are celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary in August. We went to WDW for our 30th, but also the 28th and 29th.

I am really excited about Imagineering and Walt's apartment. Club 33 and World of Color are wonderful extras for us. I did take a little look at one of the blog's and World of Color looks so amazing!!!
There is no one around here who is as fanatic about Disney as I am, so it will be fun talking to all of you.
Pam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter