"?" about VB PS's

Credit Man

<font color=teal>Love the shark reef<br><font colo
Who do you contact for PS at Vero? How far out can you make PS?

I can't recall if I made them though MS or had to call the restaurants myself--almost think I had to call the restaurants direct.

Remember, Wednesday is members night at Sonya's you get 10% off the bill.

I will add that the menus seemed very limited. Not even sure anything but the snack bar at the pool was open for lunch, and maybe the green cabin room bar.

In all honesty, we had breakfast in the villa each morning, except Sunday we went to brunch at Sonya's. It was good, not fantastic. Dinner there was also good, not fantastic.

We had purchased lunch meat and snacks as well at the grocery store in town, and had lunch at the villa each day. We sometimes would grab fries from the pool snack bar to go with the sandwiches for a treat.

I never ate at the other restaurant. The night we arrived I was quite ill, and just went to bed. DS and DH ate there, and complained the menu was not very appealing or broad.

We grabbed a light dinner at the Green Cabin Room one night, pizza or club sandwiches I think.

The other nights we went into town to eat. The Ocean Grill was definitely the best, very good) but a tad pricey. We also ate at an Italian place that was pretty good, and at one other restaurant that was good, but unremarkable.

Back to your original questions, I want to think it was 30 days out for making PS ressies. We didn't make reservations at any other places until that day, and never had a problem getting in. It seemst aht Sonyas will be the harder place to get in to, it appeals to a lot of the locals as well, especially for Sunday brunch.

Best bet is to call MS and ask them.

Have fun!

Anne

Shutters is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Sonya's only for dinner. When DW and I were there in January, we ate breakfast each day at Shutters, including a character breakfast on Saturday. All were quite good. We had dinner at Shutters one night, off-site the next, and at Sonya's the final night of our stay. No significant crowds during the first week of January, so we did not have (or need) PS for any meals, although we did call Sonya's in the late afternoon to check on availability in case they were more heavily booked. We found the food at both restaurants to be quite good and fairly priced. Lunch by the pool and in the Green Cabin Room also were good.

Ralph

There is also a pretty good pizza and sub delivery place right next door at the public beach and a little store/deli with cooked food items and ice cream. Makes a nice short walk down the beach to get food or ice cream.

We were also looking for a Bob Evens, which is just being built. On your way back from an evening dinning out experience in town, You can get a couple of nice take out items there like thier turkey family dinner or roast beef, quarts of vegtable soup, etc. and just heat them up the next day for a nice lunch, with minumal fuss and no need to leave the property.

We haven't travelled up north of Vero much to see the sights or eating possibilities. We'll need to give it a try sometime.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

I just made ps's for VB. We will be there in less than two weeks.

Called WDW DINE, and they told me that they don't take ps's for the restaurants at VB. She meant that there aren't any ps's. I told her that I knew people that made ps's for VB rests, and finally she looked up something on her computer. She gave me the number to one of the rests at VB to make the ps's. I did call and made reservations for Shutters and Sonja's. The girl that took the information said that unless I have a large number in the party, or it is a holiday, that I normally wouldn't need ps's. I booked meals there for the first couple of days to see what the food would be like.

Here's the number to call:

561-234-2180

Here are the restaurants and their hours:
1.) Shutters - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
2.) Sonja's - Sunday Brunch, Dinner
3.) Bleechers pool bar - Opens at 11 am
4.) Green Cabin Room - 11 am - midnight, lunch and appetizer-type menu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter