Admin Please Close Thread.

So in full disclosure, my fridge contains at least eight cans of IPA *shudder* - leftover from some gathering that apparently @Smugpugmug crashed unknowingly to me and left behind - they reside in the vegetable drawer - because, well, there was room :)
It's a late Christmas gift. I'm giving every participant in this thread 1 can of POG juice IPA.

Agreed! IMO, I think no matter how much money an individual or household makes, their tips/recs on how they afford vacation should be respected, period. Why can't we just learn those things from each other regardless of income? Just because a household makes 200K it doesn't mean they can splurge on their every vacation. We don't know their stories but we can certainly take their tips/advice and see if they work for ourselves? As the old saying that's always true, don't ever judge a book by their cover.
Absolutely, the Boards in various places is so great for picking up information. Over the years I've learned the most random and yet some of the best advice from the Boards.

The OP posted this on the Budget board which at least IME tends to be full of ways people share how they save for trips and just everyday lives.

The tagline or the Budget board is "Learn the 'in and outs' of smart earning, saving, and spending your money. Our motto: 'Any dollar saved or earned is another dollar for Disney!' Be sure to visit our DIScounts Page for more Disney money-saving tips!" So it shouldn't have been surprising that people talked about the things they did.

Even if this was on the Community Board same would still apply though as many posters are used to sharing ways they save or cut or do whatever for their families to make it work and usually it's welcomed even if someone says they themselves couldn't realistically do it someone else on the thread may benefit from it :)

You are too late ...

first-magnitude-brewing-company-dole-whip-sour-beer-1597757971.jpg

AND THERE ARE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

I would totally try the Dole Whip Sour!! I am ashamed that to call myself a Dole Whip lover and didn't know this exists....🤦‍♀️:o

I never said it was middle class. I was pointing out that geographic COL really does make a difference. $300k income in many parts of CA "feels like" middle class in lower COL areas. I was making the point that no matter what your "take home" pay is, if you have to use 50% of it for your housing costs, it can be hard to have extra for vacations.

And when you have a family and have to feed everyone, that $7000/month in CA gets quickly eaten up by everyday expenses. Food, gas, utilities, clothing, insurance, retirement savings, etc. Our expenses before we even get to food are around $1500/month and we don't have any debt at all. I can't even imagine having to pay for a high premium or high deductible medical insurance plan on top of that.

And if you have other savings goals, like an emergency fund, or a house maintenance fund, or for us, a down payment fund that you are working on, there isn't always enough leftover for vacations.
I absolutely agree that it does make a difference. I won’t argue with you there. I make 115k as a single person and I def don’t feel rich because of student loans and cost of living right outside Chicago, so def no argument.

You were replying to someone saying that posters on here think 300k is middle class and when you said “maybe not depending on…” I thought you were replying to that part of their post. I missed what you bolded in their quote. My apologies for the misunderstanding !

That Dole Whip sour would be great, put through a slushie machine. Just sayin'.

I don't know if it's just regional, but all the grocery stores around here have "pick your six-pack", where you can choose from an assortment of craft beers. Not the cheapest option, for sure, but it's a great way to try different beers/ales. Makes a great gift for the beer fan in your life, too--it's a standard for Father's Day, DH's birthday, etc.

North Carolinians and probably other southerners will appreciate this new combination...
cheer.jpg
For those not in the know:
Cheerwine is a cherry-flavored soft drink by Carolina Beverage Corporation of Salisbury, North Carolina. It has been produced since 1917, claiming to be "the oldest continuing soft drink company still operated by the same family

North Carolinians and probably other southerners will appreciate this new combination...
View attachment 751105
For those not in the know:
Cheerwine is a cherry-flavored soft drink by Carolina Beverage Corporation of Salisbury, North Carolina. It has been produced since 1917, claiming to be "the oldest continuing soft drink company still operated by the same family
Aptly named company ... cuz Noda in my lifetime have I encountered that and I have been in Georgia for 20+ years :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter