• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Advice For Someone who Hates Shorts...

I wear leg braces and am generally self conscious about them. I prefer pants, but in Disney heat, I make an exception. Usually to Bermuda shorts. Comfort outweighs the self consciousness for me (but I know it won't for everyone!). Good luck.

I don't like my legs and do not wear shorts and don't like how capris feel. I wear jeans, even when I've been in September. The humidity is bad, but I will suffer so I don't have to show my legs :laughing: I'm kind of tempted to try a lightweight skirt sometime, but haven't found anything that I really like for park going.

I wear sundresses pretty much the entire trip.
Look into more super light fabric pants, those dont get too hot down there if they're super light.

Well, I finally just went with some Burmuda shorts from Walmart. (Am I allowed to post a link? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Faded-Glory-Girls-Denim-Pull-On-Bermuda-Shorts/34075054) Basically those, but in four different colors. Dark denim, light denim, navy blue non-denim, and khaki. I figure 1. They fit. 2. No one will see the elastic pull-on band at the top 3. Who cares if they do? and 4. If I hardly ever wear shorts, $5 a piece is a good price.

Well, I finally just went with some Burmuda shorts from Walmart. (Am I allowed to post a link? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Faded-Glory-Girls-Denim-Pull-On-Bermuda-Shorts/34075054) Basically those, but in four different colors. Dark denim, light denim, navy blue non-denim, and khaki. I figure 1. They fit. 2. No one will see the elastic pull-on band at the top 3. Who cares if they do? and 4. If I hardly ever wear shorts, $5 a piece is a good price.

I know what you mean about the humidity of St Louis (I'm a MO gal myself) and I refuse to wear shorts. Haven't even tried a pair on in at least 10 years. On that note, the bermuda shorts actually have me second-guessing my shorts boycott. They look comfortable and the elastic band is a major win in my book. Give them a try and let us know how they work!

I know what you mean about the humidity of St Louis (I'm a MO gal myself) and I refuse to wear shorts. Haven't even tried a pair on in at least 10 years. On that note, the bermuda shorts actually have me second-guessing my shorts boycott. They look comfortable and the elastic band is a major win in my book. Give them a try and let us know how they work!

Well, the girls sizes are the only ones with elastic bands, I think. Yet another advantage to fitting into girls clothes still! lol

Good for you! I think they're cute. Gotta love the prices at Walmart!

Just be sure that, if you go on a ride where you might get wet, denim takes forever to dry and can cause horrible, unbearable chaffing (I learned that the hard way!). So if you're planning a day with a "potential to get wet" factor, maybe bring an extra pair to change into.

I'm not a big fan of shorts either but I did buy two pair of longer shorts that, I believe, were labeled "walking shorts" at Loft and they were great for the warm days during our February trip. Loft does has a petite line. Worth looking at if you are investigating shorts!

Editing just to say...oops, sorry, didn't read all the way through the thread. Glad you found some that will work!!

I ordered a Sparkle running skirt for my next race and that is what I'm wearing in the parks next trip. It has shorts underneath that don't ride up and lots of hidden pockets.

I am the same way--I hate my varicose veins and figure no one needs to look at them lol. So I do capris--the hiking ones are great as some have already posted. I have one pair of long Bermuda shorts that I wore one day last week when it was 90 and high humidity. They did seem to feel cooler, but the rest of the week I was in capris and totally comfy.

Soft stretch jean leggings that come in many colors are a good choice. Or how about scrub pants? They are soft cotton and very lightweight.

I wore jeans some days. I wear jeans in the middle of a humid summer in Ontario and wasn't bothered by them at Disney. I did a mix of jeans and sundresses, because I generally don't like shorts either. It was in the 90s every day we were there, but I was fine. I think it's personal preference and what you are used to.

In my 40s, I developed a condition with a swelling in one of my legs and need to wear thick stockings on it. Since then, I wear jeans (blue or white) or light-weight cotton pants around the parks no matter what time of year. I wish I could wear shorts like I used to, without feeling self-conscious, but Disney keeps the air-conditioning so high that I even carry a sweatshirt in the summer.

I never wore capris for the same reason you state. I don't think they are for everyone.

Do what makes you feel comfortable. It's true you are outside more at Disney than at home but, with a cool top, you'll probably be fine. I even wear tennis shoes and socks.

I like Eddie Bauer horizon roll up pants. They are super comfortable and roll up to nothing in your suitcase. If you have an Eddie Bauer outlet near you, they are often half off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter