Advice needed on choosing a ship with teens

Oursweetworld

Earning My Ears
I am anxiously awaiting the summer 2018 schedule to come out to book a cruise for my girl scout troop. I will be taking eight 16 yr-olds on a trip to either bermuda or bahamas- haven't decided yet. Our ship choices are vision class(enchantment or grandeur); sovereign class(majesty); or quantum (anthem). Money is definitely a factor, but any advice on what ship to choose would be greatly appreciated. The quantum class looks amazing, but may be a lot more pricey. Will the girls have enough to do on the other classes?

I would definitely choose Bermuda over Bahamas. The ship will dock for 3 days and you can explore Bermuda (beaches and all) easily enough on your own. I was just wondering if you've checked NCL Breakaway to Bermuda. It's probably less expensive than the Anthem and still plenty of things to do onboard.

I am anxiously awaiting the summer 2018 schedule to come out to book a cruise for my girl scout troop. I will be taking eight 16 yr-olds on a trip to either bermuda or bahamas- haven't decided yet. Our ship choices are vision class(enchantment or grandeur); sovereign class(majesty); or quantum (anthem). Money is definitely a factor, but any advice on what ship to choose would be greatly appreciated. The quantum class looks amazing, but may be a lot more pricey. Will the girls have enough to do on the other classes?

I would absolutely choose Bermuda. We are looking at our next cruise and if we end up with a Bahamas stop, I won't get off. My Sis's family just cruised to Bermuda and the ship sat there a few days, they loved it and were there with 3 "teen" girls.

If you can swing Anthem, go for it! We did Oasis last trip and fell in love with it, so much to do, never felt busy or crowded. I would love to do a Quantum class.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/the-bahamas.html

https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/bahamas

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. After much thought we are going to do Bermuda. Coming from PA it will be nice to just drive to the port instead of having to add a flight and possibly a before night hotel stay to the bill.

we loved Bermuda! We went for a week and would go back in a heartbeat. so much to do, fantastic beaches, easy public transport, safe, just about our fav island place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter