After 8 months we're back: 13 days of glorious gluttony: PLETHORA O' PICS 1/15/22-1/27/22

primalJ

DIS Veteran
This was our 21st trip to Disney and as owners of three DVC resorts Riviera, Copper Creek and Saratoga we like to stay for a bit so this was a 12 night trip our last trip was also 12 nights back in May and we've really enjoyed these lengthy stays.
We usually arrive later in the day end up using a few of our points that sometimes go to waste on a studio since we always like to stay in one bedrooms. We've decided to finally try Beach club.
We live in Philly and we left on the 15th of January and there was supposed to be a storm so American Airlines let us move our tickets to the day before.
So we figured why not and we also got another room at the Beach Club last minute in a one bedroom.
When we finally got to the resort around 8:30 p.m. we already had the notification our room is ready and unlocked.
To our surprise we opened the door with our magic bands and found a family in our room.
So I very annoyingly schlep all of our luggage back down to the front and asked to see the manager.
After 10 minutes of waiting she finally came out and I was really pissed but she made it all better real quick.
She noticed we had two separate reservations so she first said you won't have to move and instead of spending one night in a studio and spending another night in a one bedroom she just gave us the Nantucket VP suite for both nights and refunded all our 48 points back. Now that's how you make up for it.
Pixie Dusted hardcore.
Proof:

Beach Club-Nantucket VP suite view 1.jpg

Beach Club-Nantucket VP suite view.jpg

Beach Club-Nantucket VP suite-bedroom 1.jpg

Beach Club-Nantucket VP suite-bedroom 2.jpg

Beach Club-Nantucket VP suite-LV room 1.jpg

Beach Club-Nantucket VP suite-coffee setup.jpg

This was our first time coming in January and I know it's usually a pretty quiet time but this was not the case far from it.
Holy crap on a cracker it was beyond busy everywhere for the entire 12 days.
Luckily for us we're never in a rush for anything and we've done and seen everything so it's more of a laid-back trip but the crowds were insane.

Just some factoids:
Total steps walked: 208,612
Total miles walked: 97.7
Total blisters: 1
Total spent on food: $1714.56
Total spent on flight: $520
2 Night Nantucket VP suite (comped)
10 nights 1 bedroom Saratoga Springs (our DVC points)
Me the author 51
wife 41
we love the crap out of Disney as all of us on here do.

If you would like to read my past food reports here you go.

So much to come so stay tuned campers.......

Last edited:
Starting off this gluttonous food pilgrimage
Topolino's
Seeing all the rave reviews and amazing food pictures we finally were able to score a breakfast reservation.
When we stayed here for our first visit in 2020 after buying DVC here we didn't know that breakfast was all you can eat
so we thought it was over priced basic breakfast.
So now knowing what we know this breakfast was climactic.

We'll be back staying at Riviera in September and this will be a must do again.

Topolinos-kitchen.jpg
kitchen, I see the magic happening

Topolinos-POG juice.jpg
POG juice. Kinda weak flavors

Topolinos-pasteries & spreads.jpg
The pastry basket was thoroughly enjoyed everything was fresh warm all the spreads were delectable.

Topolinos-fruit plate.jpg
Fruit plate was a bit of a let down as presentable as the plate looked most of the fruit was not sweet. Bummer.

Topolinos-potatoes.jpg
side of the potatoes and they were some of the best breakfast potatoes that I can recall in Disney in a different way.

Topolinos-waffle & bacon.jpg
My waffle
I could not believe how good the waffle was.
Everything that accompanied it was a perfect match. Bacon was pork-tas-tic

Topolinos-waffle.jpg
wife's waffle, which she adored.

Topolinos-steak,eggs & bacon.jpg
Me and the wife both ordered the steak with eggs, bacon and polenta it was all phenomenal.

Topolinos-steak on polenta,eggs & bacon.jpg
Steak & eggs

Topolinos-receipt.jpg
Receipt
Mickey needs the money so we are happy to help out.
I hear he's is buying Minnie a timeshare at Universal....

See you in September Topolino's

Nice upgrade! I too would have felt more than a little put out by walking in on another family after a day of travel. Breakfast looks great too.

Nice upgrade! I too would have felt more than a little put out by walking in on another family after a day of travel. Breakfast looks great too.
It was a very over the top upgrade, I looked it up the room seems to start around $1500 a night. plus I got all our point back as well. Double pixie dusted.
Best breakfast ever. Must have

Steakhouse 71:

We were looking forward to this quite a bit leading up to this trip ever since it opened.
All the reviews have been very high.
I do like the new renovated space and the menu change.
Our server was good and despite hearing some recent issues with that we did not notice any.
Lets get into this.........

Steakhouse 71-french onion soup.jpg
Oddly the French onion soup which usually is salty was not so this was also just okay.
It just looked better then it tasted.

Steakhouse 71-wedge salad.jpg
wedge salad: top to bottom

Steakhouse 71-wedge salad 1.jpg
wedge salad: left to right
I really enjoyed the wedge salad so go figure, I sure didn't.

Steakhouse 71-hanger steak & fries.jpg
My wife enjoyed her steak and fries. I tried a piece and it was very good all the sauces were above average.
Fries were not, little overcooked and not even close to being warm.

Steakhouse 71-sauces.jpg
steak sauces, they're a Lil' saucy like me....

Steakhouse 71-cheese burger & fries.jpg
Since I am such a pro expert burger connoisseur and everybody raves about the burger, my expectations were extremely high.
Of course they were let down, the burger was overcooked did not have a great flavor.
I asked if they cooked to temperature and I was told they do a traditional smashburger.
Except this was not actually even close.
It was charred and I know what smash burgers should be this was not it. I was saddened and let down.
Fries cold and over cooked for me too.
At least the cheese flowed like my awesome reviews.....

Steakhouse 71-free cupcake.jpg
complementary cupcake
dry & sad....like my burger. At least it was free.

Steakhouse 71-receipt.jpg
pay up suckers.

The room is amazing! At Toppolino’s, is the syrup real maple syrup or the crappy fructose syrup they call maple syrup at most Disney restaurants?

That was a nice upgrade for room, especially with points returned…
I bet they didn’t offer anything to the family you walked in on which would be even more upsetting and scary. (Just my opinion) cause it has happened .

That was a nice upgrade for room, especially with points returned…
I bet they didn’t offer anything to the family you walked in on which would be even more upsetting and scary. (Just my opinion) cause it has happened .
They should have and might have I would not know. But they for sure should at least get something I would think.

Following! Love the reviews. Want more. Now.
It would have been funny if they moved the family.
And then they walked in to their comp suite and there you were.

Following! Love the reviews. Want more. Now.
It would have been funny if they moved the family.
And then they walked in to their comp suite and there you were.
HAHAHA that would be so poetic. Maybe the could join in if they like....... snack time I mean

TURF CLUB LOUNGE ( 3 visits)
After catching wind of how good the burgers are.
Which was shocking for me to hear to begin with.
I can say they absolutely are phenomenal.
There's barely anything on the menu, but this burger was a huge stand out.
We did get it 3 times and the one time I got a triple Patty for almost $30 but still well worth it.

SS Turf Club Lounge-burger 1st visit.jpg
1st time breaking in the virgin burger goodness
SS Turf Club Lounge-triple burger 2.jpg
2nd time ( triple patty)
SS Turf Club Lounge-triple burger & receipt.jpg
2nd time ( triple patty) with receipt
SS Turf Club Lounge-triple burger 3.jpg
2nd time ( triple patty) close up of its sweaty,cheesy,sexy meatiness. Bask in all it glory.
SS Turf Club Lounge-burger 3rd visit.jpg
3rd time. Was not as hungry at the moment as the 2nd time but needed some meat in my mouth.

I still am shook how good it was and please Saratoga do NOT F this up.
Or else I will bring the hurt your way.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter