AHHH!!! Not ANOTHER EMH morning. A July/August 2013 TR told by a teen! Updated 10/28

Loving your report Rachel, your photos are great and I can tell you're having a fantastic time!

My DD mainly wrote one of my TRs and she loved doing it and she is busily planning our next trip now :goodvibes

Thank you! Aw, your daughter sounds alot like me! i love to plan trips too! :goodvibes

Animal Kingdom!
Sorry i havent updated in a while. I had to wait for the photopass cd. But i've got it now, so i can update more often!! Now on with the report!

Dad, Katie and I got up early and caught the bus to Animal Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours. We got there in time for opening and we joined the crowd heading for Expedition Everest. Katie and I rode while dad got me a fastpass for later. We both really enjoyed it. I was so excited to be back on this ride! Animal Kingdom at dawn!

We then rode Primeval Whirl twice, because they let us go round again as there was no line. We then went on Dinosaur, which was really fun. It was my first time on Dinosaur and I really enjoyed it! By then it was 9 o clock and we went to meet our favourite Mice at Adventurers Outpost.

Mickey and Minnie were so cute! They gave us lots of hugs! Minnie loved my lanyard, because she was on it!

We then went to ride Kali River Rapids, it said 20 minutes but we literally walked on so that was awesome! Then while Dad and Katie got Kali fastpasses for later, I went to use my Expedition Everest fastpass. Expedition Everest count- 2.

From there we went on It’s Tough to be a Bug and then went on to the Camp Minnie Mickey Greeting trails. It was so quiet today!!!
Chip and Dale were first.

Donald was next

Then it was Baloo and King Louie. They were so funny. King Louie was looking for bananas in my backpack and they were dancing with us. I loved them!

And finally Pocahontas. She was so nice! Pocahontas is one of my favourites so it was so nice to see her! She said what brave Princesses we were because we’d been on Expedition Everest. She said that Meeko does not like rollercoasters.

Up next- safaris, pizza and yet more yetis!

Great report so far! I'm excited to read more while I am looking forward to my upcoming trip.
Such pretty girls in your family!
I'm glad you like the character meet and greets. I love doing those and getting lots of pics. I pre ordered the photopass plus this time so I will try to get as many photos as I can.

I'm looking forward to more of your report. :)

Great report so far! I'm excited to read more while I am looking forward to my upcoming trip.
Such pretty girls in your family!
I'm glad you like the character meet and greets. I love doing those and getting lots of pics. I pre ordered the photopass plus this time so I will try to get as many photos as I can.

I'm looking forward to more of your report. :)

Thank you so much! That's good! Hopefully you'll meet lots! We certainly did! I love the characters so much! Thank you, i will hopefully update soon ;)

Safaris, yetis and pizza!
After that, Mum and Emma joined us and Emma just had to meet Chip and Dale considering the line was short. Katie went with her, while mum and I stood in front of the giant fans nearby. They spray heavenly cool water over you, so perfect, I would recommend you find some of these if you are hot!
Chip and Dale just loved the fact that my sisters were twins. SO CUTE!

After that, my sisters and I went to ride Kali with our fastpasses and Mum and Dad got fastpasses for Kilimanjaro Safaris. The fastpasses were basically immediate so we just went straight to Kilimanjaro Safaris after. Honestly, was it even July today? The crowds were so much lighter than I was expecting! Also at some point, Katie and I got a picture in front of the tree.

Kilimanjaro Safaris was awesome! It was lovely seeing all the animals. My Mum especially enjoyed it as she loves animals!

After the safari, Mum promised me that I could have an ice cream. I’d been craving a Mickey bar since we got there and it was finally time for my needs to be satisfied! NOM!

Then my sisters decided they wanted to see It’s Tough to be a Bug, so they went with my Mum to that. And I joined the single rider line for Everest. Dad got fastpasses for later. On the way, I just had to get more pics of the tree. I wish the tree in our garden looked like this!

I only waited 10 minutes and then I was off to see the Yeti for the third time today. I WAS ON FIRE! Everest count- 3!
After that, Mum rang to say that they were waiting for Festival of the Lion King and that we had to get there fast! But I was so thirsty, I was gasping for a drink. It was such a hot day. So we got me a bottle of Sprite and literally SPRINTED over to Camp Minnie-Mickey. Luckily we made it just in time!
Obviously, I loved the Festival of the Lion King show, it's absolutly amazing! It brings tears to my eyes! We were in the giraffe section, but noboby knew how to make a giraffe noise!! The show is also a good chance to have a rest and a cool down from the heat of the midday sun.

Then we decided to have lunch at PIZZAFARI!!!!!!!! I love Disney pizza, so this place is perfect! I think the reason it was so quiet in the park, was because everyone was having lunch. I’m not even kidding! We waited 40 minutes for our lunch, which was by far the longest wait of the day! But it was worth it. I mean, COME ON GUYS, IT’S PIZZA!!!!!!
We weren’t too hungry, so we just ordered two pizzas to share. Right is cheese and left is Pepperoni and in the middle is our lovely Caesar salad.

Once, we’d got lunch out of the way, Mum decided to call it a day and went to catch the bus back to the resort. Emma, Katie and I, however, had some important business to attend to. It was time to use our Everest fastpasses. Emma and Katie sat together and I sat next to the cutest little girl ever! It was Emma’s first time on Expedition Everest and she seemed to enjoy it. Not enough to go on again, however I was all for it. I had two fastpasses left so I went round again… AND AGAIN!!!!!!!! Unfortunately that was the last time of the ENTIRE trip, but my Expedition Everest count reached a total of 6 which is pretty impressive for one day!
Up next- Don’t Rain on my Parade!

I'm absolutely loving your trip report!
As a 16 year old myself, I love reading other reports from the younger generation of Disney-lovers!
The view from your room looks PHENOMENAL! Love it!
Also, the pictures from the Dessert Party kind of made me drool. We did the Dessert Party a year ago and it was one of the best experiences of my life. SO GOOD.
And Everest SIX TIMES IN ONE DAY?!?!?!? THAT SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST!
All of your photos are just stunning!
Can't wait to read more!

Ok, I've got to ask... how do you stay sooo photogenic in July at Disney??!
You look so nice in all of them. No frizzy hair, skin so matte and of course not looking sweaty. How?! My Disney pics are horrendous lol. What is your secret?

I'm absolutely loving your trip report!
As a 16 year old myself, I love reading other reports from the younger generation of Disney-lovers!
The view from your room looks PHENOMENAL! Love it!
Also, the pictures from the Dessert Party kind of made me drool. We did the Dessert Party a year ago and it was one of the best experiences of my life. SO GOOD.
And Everest SIX TIMES IN ONE DAY?!?!?!? THAT SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST!
All of your photos are just stunning!
Can't wait to read more!

Thank you! Im zipping over to read yours in a second! I love reading trip reports from people my age too! Aha, im glad they had that effect ;) I agree, it is absolutly fabulous, honestly, it's worth the money just for the view, but with desserts as well, it's just NOM! :cheer2:

Ok, I've got to ask... how do you stay sooo photogenic in July at Disney??!
You look so nice in all of them. No frizzy hair, skin so matte and of course not looking sweaty. How?! My Disney pics are horrendous lol. What is your secret?

ahahah! That made me laugh! Thank you very much! I do have a few bits of hair at the front that misbehave! ;) Im sure you don't look that bad!

Don’t rain on my parade!
I am sorry for the TERRIBLE lack of pictures in this update!
I met up with the others and walked over to the rope for the parade. We sat down as we still had 15 minutes. Then about five minutes before it was due to start, it started to spit with rain. Then when it was due to start, a cast member announced that the parade had been cancelled due to bad weather and an approaching storm. I was gutted! The worst part was, I was trying to work out a way to fit an Animal Kingdom afternoon into our plans but it just wasn’t possible, so I didn’t get to see it AT ALL 
Then the heavens really opened and it started to rain very heavily. We ran for cover into Island Merchantile. We took an extremely THOUROUGH look but the rain was still coming down thick and fast so we ran for it into Disney Outfitters where I purchased an Ariel pin and also donated a dollar to the conservation fund because I’m nice. Katie got a Lady and the Tramp pin and Emma got a Splash mountain pin.
Here’s a picture of my Ariel pin:

Finally the rain started to let up and we started to make our way towards the exit! GOODBYE ANIMAL KINGDOM :’(
The bus was already there so we hopped on. It made one stop at Blizzard beach and then back to the Dolphin. We went up to the room and chilled for a bit and then we went to picabu for our dinner!
I ordered the hot dog which was pretty good. I mean just your average hot dog.

Emma went for the Lasagne which she seemed to enjoy!

Katie and Dad got a cheeseburger and Mum went with chicken tenders which they all really enjoyed!
We then went back up to the room and got an early night because we had to get up VERY early tomorrow to get to Universal.
Up next- THE DARK SIDE!

Highlights of the day
SORRY i forgot again! i'll remember next time- I WILL!
Food of the day- PIZZA (obviously!)
Ride of the day- Expedition Everest!
Best part- EXPEDITION EVEREST 6 TIMES!!!! Having my Mickey bar and just being in Animal Kingdom in genaral!
Worst part- MASSIVE queue for lunch!

Finally catching up now! You guys look adorable with Mickey and Minnie- I love your outfit!

I'm sad that we never got to meet Pocahontas on our trip! And you guys met the perfect Poca ahhh!

Wow that's a lot of Everest rides! :cheer2:

Ugh we had rain like that on our AK day too! It POURED! :scared:

Finally catching up now! You guys look adorable with Mickey and Minnie- I love your outfit!

I'm sad that we never got to meet Pocahontas on our trip! And you guys met the perfect Poca ahhh!

Wow that's a lot of Everest rides! :cheer2:

Ugh we had rain like that on our AK day too! It POURED! :scared:

Thank you! I saw the picture on instagram, you met governer radcliffe and meeko though, right? Thats really awesome, i didn't know Governer Radcliffe did meet and greets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter