"Airline"....the show (not Disney related persay)...

Esmerelda

DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran
I have been watching (when I'm not at work) this show on A&E called "Airline" that is sponsored by Southwest Airlines. I am totally amazed at how STUPID some of these passengers are!! Its truly amazing to sit and watch this show. I work with the public (I'm in an emergency room) everyday and I deal with garbage all the time...but I have learned to have such GREAT respect for what these folks at SW go thru each day just doing their jobs (and doing them well might I add)...

Tonights episode: an elderly woman that was supposed to be going to Las Vegas. Apparently she was signed out AMA (against medical advice)at the hospital by her daughter so they could make this trip?? She shows up at the airport with oxygen attached to her...Southwest does not allow oxygen dependent patients on board and they do not supply oxygen either (this is stated right in their rules). Anyhow the daughter throws a fit...they call the doctor that just did surgery on this poor woman and the doc wouldn't release her without oxygen so therefore she could not fly.....this family was amazing....truly amazing...lol The daughter (after making a complete idiot of herself) says to the SW supervisor that was trying to help "she's going to be sitting down for 2 hours...she isn't going to need oxygen anyhow!!!".....OH MY GOD....I'm hoping and praying she never works in the medical field.

Another guy walks up to the counter and informs the SW employee that he lost his ticket. She tells him she is sorry but without a ticket he could not board (makes good sense to me). He begins to make a complete A** of himself with her. She politely tells him that he could purchase another ticket and when his original show up they would refund him. He still has his boxers in a wad. When you are boarding an aircraft, you have to have a ticket folks..its common sense!

Overall, its a great learning experience watching this show. Apparently, SW was the only airline that agreed to do it. I certainly have so much respect for the airline folks because they have a truly crappy job when someone isn't happy. Most of the time the ones that aren't happy are the ones that don't follow the rules or read them. go figure....

If you haven't see the show...take time to watch an episode, its quite enlightening.

off her soapbox now...
Esmerelda :teeth:

I love this show, it is the only "reality show" I watch. Some of those people are a hoot! Like the woman that was complaining about her luggage being lost, and the whole time she was in the office her suitcase was on the conveyor going around and around. Then she even told them the wrong color and did not recognize her suitcase when they brought it to her. Then there was a woman who was waiting for her niece to come off the plane and did not see her, she told the attendant that her neice was a blond, so they are looking all over for this pre-teen blond, when the woman finally sees her in the airport, the girl has brown hair. And how about the people that are drunk and get offended when they are not allowed to board.
I feel so sorry for those customer service people, I bet they could write a book!

you couldn't pay me enough to do that job. These people get spoken to like trash every day.

What idiot tries to get to the airport with 10 minutes to board? Are they insane?

"Apparently she was signed out AMA (against medical advice)"

This one was amazing!! When she kept saying "but they released her!!". NO THEY DIDN'T, you took her out against medical advice!!! I have a whole new respect for the airline employees , they have more patience than me!! If this daughter didn't think the oxygen was important why didn't she take it off after leaving the hospital?? As a nurse all I can say is can you imaging how this daughter was when Mom was in the hospital?

yeah lsyorke.....I'm picturing this now on the plane...

The little boy saying "gee mom, is grammy supposed to turn blue like that?"....and the daughter replying "oh son, its ok...I just turned off her O2, she won't need it..she'll be sitting down the whole trip...besides blue is her best color".

OMG! Wait a minute, I think I've dealt with that family in our ER once....LOL

some folks have NO common sense, I'm proud not to be one of them...:)

Esmerelda

I saw the show last week i believe and it was kind of scary as it was Holiday time around Thanksgiving or X-mas and the plane over booked and the lady missed the plane and she was meeting up with Disney cruise in Orlando.My hubby said look theres us LOL
i said pray not!We are traveling during Thanksgiving week and it kind of scared us to see all these people about to rip someones head off cause the airlines overbooked...I will be watching tonite i love that show it is quite interesting to say the least........

I know I can be a bit impatient, because I do travel a lot more than most people, but so many times when I watch that show, I want to scream, "Have you ever been to the airport before?!?!?!?!?!?"

People are angry at Southwest when they are bumped from their flights. If I got bumped, I would be mad at myself for not getting to the airport earlier!

I have not watched it yet. I don't have to. I travel every week and they are NOT making these things up.

People just do some dumb stuff and then they act like idiots.

I cannot tell you how often I have seen a gate agent or flight attendant treated like dirt by some of these people. The sad part is that not all of them are infrequent flyers!

I have seen people show up at the Nashville airport 5 minutes before the plane is suppose to leave and then SCREAM because they can't get on. They try to blame it on security, but.... it never works. Security in Nashville is very fast so if you get there at a resonable time you will make the plane. (This morning at 7 I was the ONLY person in line!) Or they have a three year old they want the agent to believe is under two, or they would like a first class upgrade and think the way to get it is to YELL at the gate agent (That will get you the seat by the bathroom in the back!).Once they get on the plane, that speech about cell phones applys to everyone BUT them. (I once had a Flight Attendant annouce "we can take off when the man in seat 3A gets off the phone!"

People seem to lose all common sense at the airport and they get RUDE!

Oh CaroleA....you poor thing. I don't think I could fly on a weekly basis (and I love to fly). I do my best to keep my cool in the ER with the patient with the laceration that needs stitches when he complains "why is that guy over there getting seen before me??". I calmly explain to him...that "guy" just had a massive heartattack and we have to take care of that "guy" before his cut
on his hand. Believe it or not, folks still get mad!!??

Its a VERY impatient world we live in. We were at the Columbus airport one time heading to Disney. We had at least one and a half hours before our flight left so we had plenty of time. Suddenly, this lady comes bounding down our way....yelling that she had to get to the front of the line first! She was on a flight that left in 10 minutes and she still had security to go thru!! Needless to say, the airline employee informed her that she could not make the plane. The passenger stood and yelled and carried on so badly that they actually removed her from the area and I'm not sure if she was arrested or not. It was quite comical to me and my boys...lol

Being a single mom that travels with 2 boys...I always have our birth certificates on me. (we have done 2 cruises so its just a habit I've gotten into) I was also told on the phone when I made reservations its a good idea to have the boys BS's with me in case they would be needed at check in. (my boys are 9 and 12) I don't understand why these people think they are being picked on when their 16 month old child looks like he is 3! Take the birth certificate with you...especially if your child is BIG for his/her age!! Its another one of those common sense things.....

the show is just good entertainment to me and my family...we just crack up..
Esmerelda
:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

The three year old was my favorite.

How do I know he was three? The gate agent leaned down and nicely asked the little boy "How old are you?" Little boy PROUDLY holds up 3 fingers and loudly says THREE! LOL! Out of the mouths of babes!

The strange thing was that the mom still got on the plane and left the child with the dad. (This was pre 9/11 when everyone could go to the gate!)

I saw someone start yelling at the TSA once because they were going to miss thier plane. If you want a sure way to miss you plane, yell at those folks. They can S L O W way down on your search and search everything you have. LOL!

I watch the show with complete amazement. Did you see the one where the guy left the gate to take a smoke and was mad that they didn't page him when they were boarding???? Actually, this show kind of scares me.....How do these people function????

I have worked in the travel industry and also in the unemployment field. Guess which bunch of people is more stressed, rude, impatient and all around more difficult to deal with? Yup, the traveling public. With much less reason to my way of thinking!

I LOVE this show. Its incredibly addictive... and more of a "reality" show than any of the others on TV right now.

Every week it blows my mind...

I just wish the show was longer! When it ends, I always say "aw, man!" LOL

When is it on? I need to watch as I haven't flown since '96 and I need to know what NOT to do! <LOL>

It's on Mondays at 9:00 pm eastern on A&E. I can't believe people arrive only a few minutes prior to their flight & then go ballistic when they're denied boarding! Or get drunk before their flight!!!

On the east coast its on Mondays at 10pm on A&E. I'm hopelessly addicted to this show. Its should also teach people that when there is a problem, be sweet as pie and you'll make out much better!!

I think it is the best "show" on TV. I just wish they would have more "new" episodes. This past Mondays show was new, but before that they were repeats for quite a while.:(

I'm also hooked on it. I wish it was on a little earlier since I have a hard time making it till 10pm. I also want to say I hate reality shows, don't watch any of those "popular" ones. But this show is different, not the same people every week (except for some of the airline employees). Just real people doing real things and many making complete fools of themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter