Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I had 2 good shops today at Sobeys then a bonus on my transactions from last week. Today on my Mom's card I spent $24 and earned 114 miles. She had a spend anything get 95 miles and then the only 2 items I bought had points attached to them.
On my card I spent $131 and earned 111 miles as I had a spend $115 earn 60 miles.
Then the better news was last week my spend $75 get 95 miles hadn't been redeemed on my shop, so I called myoffers and they made it right. Well when I checked my account today I got the 95 miles twice shown on the same day. Once from Sobeys and the other as a my offers goodwill. Guess it had worked in the store but not been logged in. Oh well bonus for me.

I ran out to Metro after dinner. Having a puppy is like having a new born. I can't get out unless someone is watching him.

I had 2 threshold spend offers one for $40 another for $30. I was doing the $40 transaction this evening and was at the self checkout. I looked at the total and I was up to $62 with a few items still to go. Donald's voice went off in my head and told me I should do this as two separate transactions. I called the clerk over and had her remove items I had already run up. $40.32 (perfect).

Rang up the rest of the items $30.51. The airmiles gods were looking down on me today. Now if I had only unlocked my Cash accounts I could have really cleaned up on this one. Oh well. I'll take the win.

Thanks Jacqueline for going off in my head!

I ran out to Metro after dinner. Having a puppy is like having a new born. I can't get out unless someone is watching him.

I had 2 threshold spend offers one for $40 another for $30. I was doing the $40 transaction this evening and was at the self checkout. I looked at the total and I was up to $62 with a few items still to go. Donald's voice went off in my head and told me I should do this as two separate transactions. I called the clerk over and had her remove items I had already run up. $40.32 (perfect).

Rang up the rest of the items $30.51. The airmiles gods were looking down on me today. Now if I had only unlocked my Cash accounts I could have really cleaned up on this one. Oh well. I'll take the win.

Thanks Jacqueline for going off in my head!
I was on my way to Sobeys today when I started thinking about you and thought well how is she suppose to shop with a new puppy?
So glad you were able to get out and pick up a few things ,,,,yeah being a new puppy mama is very time consuming but the puppy snuggles are worth it.

Hugs Mel

Did anyone else have a problem with getting their bonus miles for the airmiles shop thing. I don’t think I got any and I spent over the 500 and 5 different shops .
We are now looking at upgrading our passes to hopper plus with water parks bc June may be unbearable temp wise. Does anyone know how hopping works for the extended hours for deluxe resorts? If the park is at capacity that day .. would we be permitted to enter when they start or could we get shut out ??
so many things to think about. Littles and I may just add the water park option. I’m not a late night person .. the teens def are tho lol

Did anyone else have a problem with getting their bonus miles for the airmiles shop thing. I don’t think I got any and I spent over the 500 and 5 different shops .
We are now looking at upgrading our passes to hopper plus with water parks bc June may be unbearable temp wise. Does anyone know how hopping works for the extended hours for deluxe resorts? If the park is at capacity that day .. would we be permitted to enter when they start or could we get shut out ??
so many things to think about. Littles and I may just add the water park option. I’m not a late night person .. the teens def are tho lol

I got my Mix and Match miles bonus miles added to my account after each threshold. So after I shopped the last 2 stores to bring me up over $500 for 5 stores on March 22nd, an additional 375 AM was added for a total of 750AM.

The short answer is you need a park pass for the extended hours park or if you have hoppers, you could have a park pass for another park but you must have entered the park you have a park pass for in order to qualify.

Do I Need A Parks Pass Reservation To Use Extended Evening Hours?
Yes. You’ll either need a Disney parks pass reservation for the park, or you’ll need to have park hopper tickets and hop to the park after using a parks pass reservation to visit your first park of the day, in order to use Extended Evening Hours.

https://www.mousehacking.com/blog/d... I Need A Parks,to use Extended Evening Hours.

I did two shops at Old Navy and one at Walmart, deliveries have all arrived but haven't seen any airmiles.

I received my 100 AM bonus a couple of days after my second shop (only did first threshold). Although I haven’t received the base AM for that second shop yet. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I've had some of my miles posted for some of my purchases but not all. Just had the second big bonus but not the first? Most of the big promos don't work but I go in with knowledge that these miles won't post quickly. At least the timeline is only 75 days for online transactions. Must admit this is odd that the 275 has posted but not the 100.

It’s the first time doing Mix and Match, and I am impressed that AM were posted after each threshold. I have all 750 AM posted today with my last two shops on March 23.

The short answer is you need a park pass for the extended hours park or if you have hoppers, you could have a park pass for another park but you must have entered the park you have a park pass for in order to qualify.

Do I Need A Parks Pass Reservation To Use Extended Evening Hours?
Yes. You’ll either need a Disney parks pass reservation for the park, or you’ll need to have park hopper tickets and hop to the park after using a parks pass reservation to visit your first park of the day, in order to use Extended Evening Hours.

https://www.mousehacking.com/blog/d... I Need A Parks,to use Extended Evening Hours.

yes thank you. I knew we needed hoppers . I was just worried big kids would get shut out if thatpark was at capacity or if they can get in when extended hours begin regardless of the daytime park capacity .. does that make sense ? I’m really tired lol

yes thank you. I knew we needed hoppers . I was just worried big kids would get shut out if thatpark was at capacity or if they can get in when extended hours begin regardless of the daytime park capacity .. does that make sense ? I’m really tired lol

Ahh, I see. It's possible they could get shut out during regular hours before it starts but that would be very unlikely. They wouldn't be shut out of extended hours. We will be doing the same for our April/May trip.

:offtopic:

Does anyone here know the app or website you would use to watch for an opening to get a reservation at Disney. I'm helping my sister plan her trip and want to watch for a few openings for things they want to do, and would like to set it up so it's easier for both of us

For those who have been waiting Sobeys purchase $150 in GC +100AM is back. I can't read the terms and conditions but I imagine it is limited to 5 GC (as was the case in the past).

Anyone with an acutal flyer can you see the terms?
Yes you can zoom in on Reebee and it's a limit of 5!

Other good sales I'll pick up are the Blue Bonus granola bars and frozen fruit at $3.33/bag. That's the cheapest I've seen in awhile!

For those who have been waiting Sobeys purchase $150 in GC +100AM is back. I can't read the terms and conditions but I imagine it is limited to 5 GC (as was the case in the past).

1648645224138.png

Not sure if that helps or not :)

*Offer valid from March 31 to April 6, 2022 at all Sobeys locations in Ontario. GIft card purchase must be in a single transaction and cannot be combined with other gift card offers. Sobeys gift cards cannot be purchased with other Sobeys gift cards. Offer is valid only on Sobeys gift cards. Limit of 5 offers per collector number. No coupon is required. AIR MILES digital or physical card must be presented at the time of transaction.

Does anyone here know the app or website you would use to watch for an opening to get a reservation at Disney
I'm going to assume you're referring to dining reservations?

Touring Plans offers a service where they watch for dining reservations for specific restaurants and times. They send you a notification email or text when something becomes available. It has worked very well for me in the past. You don't need to buy a subscription with them to use it but you do need to "sign up" for basic access on their website similar to disboards.

Once you're in it is very easy to use.

Ooo( thank you! My closest Sobey brand grocery store is FreshCo so it’s great to pick these up from Thrifty Foods or Safeway and use them to get AirMiles on groceries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter