Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Noticed the AirMiles Receipts banner on the app so I guess it’s available to more areas now? Thought I’d give it a whirl and see what happens. I scanned my Costco receipt from yesterday since I bought cucumbers which are one of the items for miles. Says “pending” now.

I thought you had to submit a receipt for each item individually so since I bought cucumbers and eggs, I submitted twice...and got AM for both items twice! Whoops! :)

Something I KNOW I'm supposed to be doing, but had gotten very lax with it lately and I did NOT save the email I clicked a few months ago. It was for a BMO world elite card offer. Now... I've got the card so I'm going to use it well, but the only deal I can find details about now (because I deleted the email!) seems to be for new clients only. I ended up being upgraded from a blue MC to the new black one. So I don't even know if I count for the bonus AM.

I'm going to spend the minimum amount on it anyway, and hope I get the 3000 AM, but I know I can't argue it if I don't, because I have no proof I was offered that deal. I would have just applied for a new account for the bonus if I needed to! Sigh.

Lesson learned! (one I knew and forgot). At least this card gets me more AM per dollar than my old blue one, so either way I'm eaning extra points, I just wanted it to be a few thousand!

You could always call MC and talk with them about this. I used to do that for clients and it was a 50/50 chance they would apply the offer. Mostly they did it, not sure if it was because I was calling from BMO on behave of the client and had some status but it's worth a try. I wouldn't give up on it just yet.

Thank you for the suggestion and past experience. I have called MC twice regarding this and they just had sympathy but confirmed I upgraded and didn't apply for a brand new account. We think that means I don't qualify.

However, I did just decide to begin banking with BMO again. They were my primary bank, then we switched to hubby's bank when they offered us a better mortgage rate and BMO was beginning to dry up for AM. They have a new client offer for AM, so maybe once I've established a bit of a customer presense there, I'll ask if they can look at the elite AM bonus too. Thanks!
Kim
This is a big fat nope, doesn't matter who you talk to, you are upgrading an existing card to a different one instead of opening a new account and the bonus offer is only for NEW cardholders. I know this because we just went thru the whole process at the beginning of the month and we even went into the branch and spoke to a real person <GASP> and then I called MasterCard, tried using every single avenue and they all ended up at the same point - no bonus miles for the upgraded card. Heck, I even said I will go to RBC and get a WestJet credit card instead so I can get those bonus offers and they didn't budge. Kept the BMO card the way it was, have the new WJ card and almost spent enough to earn the full $450 WJ $s and BMO lost out on our money.

Good luck on trying to see if you succeed, let us know how you make out.

I am hoping I can get 30 L in my car tomorrow but I'm doubtful. It would give me enough AM (once all those pending post) to finally get my tickets for December, what a slog to get all the AM I need lol. Then I start saving for March break or some future unknown trip I suppose. Just hoping everything posts soon that I am waiting on. Of course they may not until November in some cases. Any way. I also hope the cost for the tickets hasn't gone up too high. I'll have to get a new quote and there is always the danger it's gone up.

Not sure if targeted or not but got an email about 40x MaxPass for Shell or Dollarama.
$30 spend at Dollarama would get 400 AM!

Attachments

• IMG_2813.png
    IMG_2813.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 5
Not sure if targeted or not but got an email about 40x MaxPass for Shell or Dollarama.
$30 spend at Dollarama would get 400 AM!
I got it too. I have $500 stashed away that I was waiting for some good am deal to use towards disney gift cards, and I think this is it! I'll have to read - it's one time use per day, but I'm not sure if I bought 60 in gift cards at once, would that mean 800 am?

I got it too. I have $500 stashed away that I was waiting for some good am deal to use towards disney gift cards, and I think this is it! I'll have to read - it's one time use per day, but I'm not sure if I bought 60 in gift cards at once, would that mean 800 am?
I think with Dollarama you can only get the 10 AM once per day so I don’t think if you bought $60 it would double it.

hubby and i just did the math for the max pass- didn't get the email but you can't keep the duck away from the miles 🤪 I'll drop the link here soon
dollarama- spend $30 per day to get 400 miles - 40x the 10 base miles so if you go every single day for the week that pass is valid you'll clear 2800 miles. As noted above, you'll only get credited for one transaction if you spend $30 - spend 60 will still only get you the 10 base miles

All of the other offers are similar- you can use the darned thing for the entire week and it's ONLY on the base miles you earn. This will be easier than splitting up your transaction to piddly amounts at Dollarama, fill up at Shell or shop at metro and you'll get 40x the normal amount

it takes a bit of a mind set to decide if you want to spend money to earn extra miles or not and that's up to each person to determine your value. For reference sake, it costs $10 to get the pass which is 95 miles. We can't be bothered with it this time but man, I cleaned up using it on black Friday/ cyber Monday weekend thru Amazon!

MAX PASS

hubby and i just did the math for the max pass- didn't get the email but you can't keep the duck away from the miles 🤪 I'll drop the link here soon
dollarama- spend $30 per day to get 400 miles - 40x the 10 base miles so if you go every single day for the week that pass is valid you'll clear 2800 miles. As noted above, you'll only get credited for one transaction if you spend $30 - spend 60 will still only get you the 10 base miles

All of the other offers are similar- you can use the darned thing for the entire week and it's ONLY on the base miles you earn. This will be easier than splitting up your transaction to piddly amounts at Dollarama, fill up at Shell or shop at metro and you'll get 40x the normal amount

it takes a bit of a mind set to decide if you want to spend money to earn extra miles or not and that's up to each person to determine your value. For reference sake, it costs $10 to get the pass which is 95 miles. We can't be bothered with it this time but man, I cleaned up using it on black Friday/ cyber Monday weekend thru Amazon!

MAX PASS
Hi Hon
I have never bought a MAX Pass before.
I tried the link you posted and bought one.
It went through but I was wondering if I was allowed to do this when I didn't get the email?

Thanks Mel

I snagged the Shell MaxPass. Thought about the Metro one (would be good for people cooking big for Thanksgiving) but in my case we’re slated to drive over 2,000km next weekend.

Doing the cash miles math, on gas alone it basically works out to $0.21 back per Litre in 20L increments, or $0.42 back per Litre in 10L increments of VPower 😳

So I just did the shell offer at the pump. After you put in your card snd then payment info, a screen pops up with the 0.25 discount, click yes to use it. The pump cost will then drop the 0.25! So easy.
DH just went as well and he said it was simple. He filled our car which didn't need much, and the gas can. He managed to get 30 LTs which I did not expect could happen. As an added plus, we received 52 AMs.

I also immediately deleted the maxpass email once I saw it cost money. But thanks to you folks reminding me that $10 being approx. equivalent to 95 points, and I can earn 400 per day buying gift cards at dollarama, that $10 is "earned back" in the first day.

In NS, I'll be able to earn 2400 if I make it there every day (Thanksgiving Monday the 9th is a retail holiday and I believe dollarama will be closed like our grocery stores - although I'm not sure so I'll check). But over 2000 points toward a spring flight is definitely worth getting.

Thanks again all. I really had stopped looking for AM when sobeys left (hubby works there) and have been busy learning how to maximize scene+.

Question about Dollarama Max Pass
will it post to which ever setting I have set like Dream/Cash or does it only go to cash?
I am really hoping for Dreams miles.

Terms & Conditions also say
"During the offer period. AIR MILES card must be presented at the time of the purchase"

Oops it does say you need a linked Mastercard. Multiplier offer applies to the Bonus Miles earned at a rate of 10 Miles for every $30 spent at Dollarama on your linked eligible Mastercard only, in a single transaction from October 3 – October 9, 2023, and includes taxes, duty, and eco fees as applicable.

Terms & Conditions​

Offer valid from September 29, 2023 to October 4, 2023 or while supplies last, whichever occurs first, and includes taxes. Valid for the first 1,800 collectors who purchase the MAX PASS 40x the Miles multiplier offer and shop in-store between October 3 to October 9, 2023 at participating Dollarama locations in Canada. Multiplier offer applies to the Bonus Miles earned at a rate of 10 Miles for every $30 spent at Dollarama on your linked eligible Mastercard only, in a single transaction from October 3 – October 9, 2023, and includes taxes, duty, and eco fees as applicable. Limit of one (1) offer per day per collector number. For clarification, the multiplier offer does not apply to the following offers: i) 5x the Miles when you use your BMO AIR MILES credit card on purchases in-store at Dollarama; and ii) 75 Bonus Miles when you spend $20 or more on your BMO AIR MILES credit card at Dollarama and get 5x the Miles on your purchase amount. This offer can be combined with other offers. Only Miles earned in connection with eligible purchases made after the MAX PASS has been purchased will qualify for the MAX PASS multiplier offer. MAX PASS multiplier offer is only valid for the participating brand selected at the time of purchase and is non-transferrable between participating brands or AIR MILES collector numbers. Limit of 1 MAX PASS per participating brand per collector number, During the offer period. AIR MILES card must be presented at the time of the purchase. All Reward Miles must be posted to your AIR MILES collector account within 14 days of the eligible purchase to qualify for the MAX PASS multiplier offer. Miles earned in connection with the MAX PASS multiplier offer will be posted to your collector account within 3 weeks of the promotion end date.

Thanks Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter