Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Thanks everyone, I jumped on the MaxPass train also. One question about the T/C, it says Airmiles card must be presented at time of purchase. I bought a Dollarama one. They just mean we must use our linked M/C right?

On the Shell offer. We just finished filling up (in Ontario) and got the 25cents as well as the 3cents for CAA off our bill.

Few last minute-ish comments about the Max Pass
  • The miles will post to your account at whatever you have your account set to on the day the bonus posts, not related to the transaction dates
  • The bonus miles are on your base miles only and as @bababear_50 pointed out, for Dollarama you need to use your linked (any eligible Canadian issued) Mastercard for those $30 transactions
  • Yes, I neglected to notice that the promo takes place during Thanksgiving weekend and that means only SIX days for everything but Shell since Monday is a stat
Final note -- the Duck walks away from the group, with her head hung in shame, because she talked herself out of buying one for Metro "We won't spend enough over the course of the week to make it worth the effort of going shopping today and again after Tuesday" Pffft - we just spent $240-ish at Metro and that means I left almost 500 miles on the table. I had forgotten that we didn't shop last week and that a long weekend is coming up.

Last edited:
Got Shell, managed to barely squeeze 30 L in (to get an extra 50 AM for my 2nd fill up in the month). The 3 cents for CAA and the 25 cents for AM worked, I had to select to use the 25 cent one, and I also used $20 of AM cash, so I guess I'll get 20 AM back on that at some point as well.

I am reluctant to spend on the Max passes, though I do shop at Metro on the regular, I wasn't planning to do a big shop this coming week since I just did. I note that the Dollarama is 10 AM per $30 spend, so if you spend $60, you should get 20 AM, or am I reading that wrong? I never spend that much at Dollarama, haven't bought any GC's yet, though I do need some for Disney in December. From the Max Pass T&C:

Terms & Conditions​

Offer valid from September 29, 2023 to October 4, 2023 or while supplies last, whichever occurs first, and includes taxes. Valid for the first 1,800 collectors who purchase the MAX PASS 40x the Miles multiplier offer and shop in-store between October 3 to October 9, 2023 at participating Dollarama locations in Canada. Multiplier offer applies to the Bonus Miles earned at a rate of 10 Miles for every $30 spent at Dollarama on your linked eligible Mastercard only, in a single transaction from October 3 – October 9, 2023, and includes taxes, duty, and eco fees as applicable. Limit of one (1) offer per day per collector number.

So far this is where I am going with ideas for Dollarama
7 shops maybe
1. Pet Smart Gc...cocoa needs Royal Canine dry food.
2. I need to top up my Starbucks Gc
3. Tim's Gc
4 Mc Donald's Gc
5. Wondering if they have Canadian Tire Gc,,,Cocoa eats Iams wet food and it's reasonable price for a case there.
6. Purex Laundry Soap,, cheaper here than at Grocery store
7. Disney Gc (Although I will have to drive to a Mall that has a Dollarama in it).

Please feel free to share your Dollarama ideas,,the Pet Smart one was new to me until someone mentioned it here last week. (Maybe Cari , Pumpkin or Tinkerone) ?.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Got Shell, managed to barely squeeze 30 L in (to get an extra 50 AM for my 2nd fill up in the month). The 3 cents for CAA and the 25 cents for AM worked, I had to select to use the 25 cent one, and I also used $20 of AM cash, so I guess I'll get 20 AM back on that at some point as well.

I am reluctant to spend on the Max passes, though I do shop at Metro on the regular, I wasn't planning to do a big shop this coming week since I just did. I note that the Dollarama is 10 AM per $30 spend, so if you spend $60, you should get 20 AM, or am I reading that wrong? I never spend that much at Dollarama, haven't bought any GC's yet, though I do need some for Disney in December. From the Max Pass T&C:

Terms & Conditions​

Offer valid from September 29, 2023 to October 4, 2023 or while supplies last, whichever occurs first, and includes taxes. Valid for the first 1,800 collectors who purchase the MAX PASS 40x the Miles multiplier offer and shop in-store between October 3 to October 9, 2023 at participating Dollarama locations in Canada. Multiplier offer applies to the Bonus Miles earned at a rate of 10 Miles for every $30 spent at Dollarama on your linked eligible Mastercard only, in a single transaction from October 3 – October 9, 2023, and includes taxes, duty, and eco fees as applicable. Limit of one (1) offer per day per collector number.
Hmmmmm.... thinking on this and re reading it over ... Trying to find a limit of some sort........Hmmmmm.....
I wonder if anyone has done a $60 spend and received 20 Base Airmiles before at dollarama?

Last edited:
jumped onto the Dollarama train and bought the Max Pass!!

I would play it safe and do the stated offer on the linked site - the base miles are for spending $30 OR MORE in a single transaction, earn 10 miles NOT 10 miles/$30 spent. I've bought over $2000 worth of Disney Gift Cards (yes I know that sounds like a lot but we've got 2 trips planned and happening!) and only ever earn 10 miles per transaction.

Thanks for the suggested purchases @bababear_50 I will be buying gift cards, I'll decide which ones when I get to the store because I loath buying things that are basically headed to the landfill site. I doubt I'll do Disney unless they have $25 cards, certainly don't want to overspend

So I have to confess I don't really follow this thread too closely. I've been an AM collector for a very long time but I don't really go about getting the points much because most of the places I shop don't collect AM (I'm big into Optimum points and we have the PC World Elite card as well). Anyway, for whatever reason two days ago I stopped into this thread and found the 25cents a liter Shell deal and I just have to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
I loaded it to my card and went for my fill up today, I was just under half a tank and got in about 33 or 34 liters of fuel for $1.84.9 a liter instead of $2.09.9 Safe to say I'll probably be popping into this thread a bit more often to see what else pops up ;) Thank you again!

25 cent discount didn’t work for me either! 😭. I don’t really “do” AirMiles anymore, but I needed gas and this was a great deal! Do I need to call AirMiles? 🤦‍♀️

The Shell discount didn't work for my son either. We did 2 different fill-ups on two different cards - no issues.

The Dollarama near me has variable load Disney GC. I usually pick up one for $30 and then pick up a smaller item I need for the house (rubber gloves, chocolate bar) that way the bill doesn't come to $30 exactly. I'll vary what I pick up each day also.

I think it will be Disney, Petsmart GC for me this go round.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter