Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Seems we have some last minute arrivals ,,,move on down folks there is plenty of room on the
Max Pass Bus!
If anyone sees that straggler

mort1331

lurking behind tell him to Get On The Bus!

View attachment 798232

Hugs Mel
I will look at it more today...i havent added to AM for almost a year...I did get my 25cents off yesterday...and proud that I didnt yell at wife when she filled up b4 I could tell her...lol..so a maybe for me.
My pcpoints are my goto now and we max them out

I did the fillup at Shell last evening for the 28 cents off. It was dark when I pulled in, but my Shell had a sign up advertising for Shop the Block and it said 1200 AM. That's all I could read - I didn't go over to it to get the details, so no idea when it's supposed to start. Anyone else see a similar sign? I haven't seen anything posted online about this.

OT...and hope not breaking rules...have friend who was a teacher and is pushing me to be a Disney travel agent with her. She is making more than her teaching was paying her and more time off...Im in Ontario..so thats to compare.. might start part time
I am considering it when I retire, in 10 years or so lol. Part time maybe. I love planning Disney trips and maybe go a bit overboard whenever someone says they are planning a trip, so might be a good option someday. Having to visit often and stay up to date on things wouldn't hurt.

So excited about my Shell fillups yesterday.

I had two 30L fills to go to unlock the 100 miles for the regular Shell Go+ offer. I did the first one with the 28 cents off.

Wasn't sure I would make it to get another 30L in the tank. So I did an errand I'd planned for today last night, and went to try. It filled up at 30.045L. Phewf.

I got the Max Pass email and was all set to buy for Dollarama but I backed out. I have no idea where the miles will post. I have unlinked and relinked twice. Nothing has posted since the second time I did it. Now I’m miffed after seeing the devious plans to buy gift cards. I saw thr Petsmart ones last week in there and we buy all our dog food there as well as use the grooming services. The dog goes for a full groom next Saturday…grooming is over $100.

It had the 25 cent offer advertised on the pump handle! So really don’t know what happened :(
Hi
I got a message at the end of pumping and while paying that asked me if I wanted the Airmiles 25% off YES Or No,,, did you get that on your pump screen?

I would contact Airmiles on Monday and question this.
They will probably ask you to email your receipt for the purchase.

In Toronto 416-226-5171

Rest of Canada & USA 1-888-AIR-MILES (1-888-247-6453)

LocationsMonday – Friday
Atlantic Canada9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. local time
Newfoundland and Labrador9:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. local time
All other provinces8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. local time

French-speaking ambassadors are available until 7 p.m. ET, Monday to Friday, and all day on Saturday.

Best wishes
Mel

Last edited:
I got the Max Pass email and was all set to buy for Dollarama but I backed out. I have no idea where the miles will post. I have unlinked and relinked twice. Nothing has posted since the second time I did it. Now I’m miffed after seeing the devious plans to buy gift cards. I saw thr Petsmart ones last week in there and we buy all our dog food there as well as use the grooming services. The dog goes for a full groom next Saturday…grooming is over $100.
I had an issue with Airmiles a few years ago and ended up here after doing step 1 and 2.
On step #3,, situation was addressed ,,, however not the end result I was looking for.
Took a lot of time and patience.
Good luck Hon

To contact the Office of the President

Phone:
1-866-837-2905
Please be prepared to leave a message with your Collector Number, name, telephone number, and a brief description of the matter.

https://www.airmiles.ca/en/get-help/air-miles-concern-resolution-centre.html

Last edited:
No reason for shame if the promotion doesn't start until Oct. 3rd, correct? No miles left behind until shopping days Oct 3-9 if I'm reading everything correctly?
the annoying fact that I walked away from 500 miles by not buying a Max pass for Metro and then waiting until Tuesday to shop ... I have joined the dollarama bus though, not walking away from that many miles!!

I'm in recovery-mode after the weekend but I've been working on a post to hopefully help us all tackle the upcoming Magnificent Max Pass Dollarama Drive!

Quick answers to various questions I've noticed:

• If you have more than one MasterCard linked to your Airmiles account ANY of them will trigger the offer
  • You only need to charge a TOTAL of $30 on your MasterCard, this isn't a pre-tax spend
  • There's nothing wrong with just buying a gift card - caveat if you buy bigger amounts it will only trigger the 10 base miles ONCE
  • The weekend offer of save 25 cents at Shell had the message of "want to use the discount" was more than likely due to the fact that you could only use it ONCE so they were giving people the option of choosing which fill-up you wanted to apply it to (just a guess on my part)
  • The current slew of "easy" offers with big returns are simply to encourage people to both get a BMO MasterCard AND show merchants that Airmiles collectors will change their spending habits if the incentive is attractive. Example - how many of us rarely shopped at Dollarama before and now spend considerably more? I would go in for one item and buy nothing else, in the last month alone I've spend close to $3,000
  • @mort1331 I know there are lots of Canadians who would love to use a travel agent who truly understands a Disney trip!!!

OT...and hope not breaking rules...have friend who was a teacher and is pushing me to be a Disney travel agent with her. She is making more than her teaching was paying her and more time off...Im in Ontario..so thats to compare.. might start part time
Funny you post this now, DH and I just spoke today about me becoming a Disney travel agent when I retire in the next year or so. I am going to get started on it shortly and would love to chat with you about this! I’m in BC so it might be a bit different from you being in Ontario.

I jumped onto the MAX Pass too for the weekend. I only did for Shell - since we are travelling to the city to see the kiddos - so we will be filling up at least once if not twice - for DH as he uses our personal truck for work.

I missed out on the dollarama one :sad: I could have maxed that sucker out quickly!!!!! That one was all sold out already.

I guess that's what happens when I get too busy and can't/don't pop in here to check out if there are any deals.

I'm still waiting for some miles for post for Dollarama - hopefully they post soon.

That is awesome!!!

A good Disney travel agent is worth their weight in gold. I've heard and talked with others who have used travel agents - and as I'm asking questions about dining, hotels, genie + all the things that make a Disney trip - the travel agent hasn't done any of that.

Good luck in the new endeavour! You will be amazing!

the annoying fact that I walked away from 500 miles by not buying a Max pass for Metro and then waiting until Tuesday to shop ... I have joined the dollarama bus though, not walking away from that many miles!!
My misunderstanding! I didn't know the groceries could have waited!

Good luck to all and here's hoping your Dollaramas have gift cards aplenty and short lines =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter