Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Zilch for us! We drive a FIT and can barely squeeze in 35 L twice a month! Hubby prefers the Petro Can points because they turn into CAA dollars which brings that cost down.

I'm in a similar boat. Costco is almost always less expensive unless there is a deal with $ off coupons at Shell so it is hard for me to justify spending more money in order to get Airmiles.

LIMITED TIME OFFER valid October 23 – November 9, 2017. Get 50 Bonus AIR MILES® Reward Miles when you spend $20 or more, excluding shipping, duties and taxes, through airmilesshops.ca at participating online stores.

Since this promotion is only until November 9th, anyone else think Air Miles will start their Christmas season promotion mid-November like last year? I'm going to make a $25 purchase with DH's card just to get those 50 miles, but holding off on the rest of my online shopping until Air Miles unveils (hopefully) their next big one!

Alright...so I ran to Safeway over lunch as I wanted to make sure that I could get in on the candy promo. Looked at my receipt as I was leaving the till...and of course the 100 bonus miles didn't post. So I waited at customer service...She comes up and I tell her...she said...asked where I got them from...we went there...and of course it was on the boxes :scared:. So i said...well, Could I return them...I was really just buying them for the promo...She said... I'll just give them to you...I don't care what the promo says...just if you want to come get more...get the boxes next time. Score!!!! So i walked out of there spending 77.00 and got 165 AM. Almost everything I bought was for miles...and I had a load and go bonus of spend 75 get 20 miles. I"m a happy camper, and they guys at work will be happy with candy next week!!!! :flower1:

My husband drives an Elentra 6 days a week from Bowmanville to Pickering AND back. When I check our tracking spreadsheets, he put gas in on average every 5 1/2 days. Mind you I wouldn't let him fill his tank. I insisted 25L at a time which brings him to a little less than 3/4 of a full tank I believe. Otherwise that's a 1/4 of a tank where I'm not getting air miles on the gas you know. :)

I drive an Accent and again would only fill 25L which brought me to 3/4 of a tank as well. Turns out I was filling about every 8 1/2 days on average.

I forget when the promo started. I did an average of days between filling from mid-August to now.

When you say "new Air Miles ticket" do you mean the 3 park to park 2 day + 2 days free ticket? I got 4 for our trip in January and DH and I were thinking about going back for HHN next year so AP would great. I didn't even think about upgrading to an AP - but if I can for a minimal fee or free then sounds like an easy decision. We are there during a blackout period but I read on anther thread that I just need to upgrade on our last day there which isn't a blackout date anyways but the AP expires a year from the first date my ticket was used. Do I understand all this correctly?

Yes, I mean the new 3 park 2 day ticket. There was no fee to change to a seasonal AP.

My shop at Rexall tonight
This is what my receipt says:

Base Airmiles earned *NA
Load N Go Bonus airmiles earned *NA
Bonus Airmiles earned *NA
Total airmiles earned *NA
*Airmiles will be posted to your account

I hope they are posted properly tomorrow.
Hugs Mel

I'm waiting on 50 bonus miles from Metro - buy 5 yogurt. It was the week of the 12th. Does it usually take a few weeks to post? it wasn't on my receipt but I think I read that is common.

My shop at Rexall tonight
This is what my receipt says:

Base Airmiles earned *NA
Load N Go Bonus airmiles earned *NA
Bonus Airmiles earned *NA
Total airmiles earned *NA
*Airmiles will be posted to your account

I hope they are posted properly tomorrow.
Hugs Mel
That's one reason I do not like going to Rexall. When I go to Foodland, I see in front of me what I have. :thumbsup2 I don't have the patience/memory to constantly be checking to see if they get it right....some other day. :snail: My hats off to those of you that track so diligently. :worship:

That's one reason I do not like going to Rexall. When I go to Foodland, I see in front of me what I have. :thumbsup2 I don't have the patience/memory to constantly be checking to see if they get it right....some other day. :snail: My hats off to those of you that track so diligently. :worship:

I have to say that normally my Rexall points are on the receipt and posted the next day but alas not this time. I will give chat a go tomorrow if they don't post by then. I am actually thinking this is a specific cash register machine issue as the cashier beside me said all her receipts were crediting and printing out the airmiles. I should have taken the time to return everything and go through her cash register but I was in a hurry.
Hugs Mel

I'm finding this so complicated, freezing the value of old tickets when they increase the price, expiring tickets at the end of the year. Just so hard to plan ahead, I guess I just need to figure out how to best work with it.

I'm there in two weeks, I was going to use 5 day Canadian am tickets but they expire 2030 so I'd really rather hold onto them. I only have points for one more ticket (at 4695 am ugh) but I think I might get it and it will save one more 2030 expiry ticket.

Slightly different topic but I may also try to add hoppers to my 5 day Canadian am vouchers. From what I am reading on mousesavers and disboards' threads, these might now be valued as current year wholesale tickets and would be bridged to current gate price as long as Disney hasn't increased prices or expired the tickets. Another reason for not redeeming ahead of time!

From mousesavers again:

Magic Your Way tickets that were purchased from a third-party reseller like Undercover Tourist, a travel agent, or from Disney as part of a Magic Your Way Vacation Package are consideredwholesaletickets.

• If you are upgrading a wholesale, unexpired Magic Your Way ticket, originally purchased on or after 2/12/17, to a new ticket with more days or features, and the ticket is unused or partially used but still valid, the ticket you are turning in should be bridged to the current gate price. Subtract the current gate price of the ticket you’re buying from the current gate price of the ticket you’re turning in, and that’s what you should be charged.
Someone on this thread a week ago posted that they upgraded their Canadian am ticket to an ap and this is how it was priced.

No go on the parkhoppers. Policy has not changed. They still wanted over $200 to upgrade the Canadian Special tickets.

I'm waiting on 50 bonus miles from Metro - buy 5 yogurt. It was the week of the 12th. Does it usually take a few weeks to post? it wasn't on my receipt but I think I read that is common.
Those miles should have shown on your receipt if you purchased the correct yogurt. The only metro offers that don't show on your receipt are the threshold spends because they come from head office. I would suggest trying an on-line chat to get things rolling, fingers crossed you get someone who is willing to help you figure it out.

No load and go for me for next week. This last week was spend $10 get 20 points. I guess they were preparing me for a nothing week this week. Good thing is ..... I'm away on vacation anyways!!!!! Joke is on them!!!!!
This is for anyone else who is also having trouble with the LnG offers being MIA. Do you have the App installed on your phone? My most recent failed attempt with chat was ended with "you need to clear space on your phone and try that" They did admit that there are a LOT of us who are having trouble with this whole programme though. I also have zilch for this week <sigh>

This is for anyone else who is also having trouble with the LnG offers being MIA. Do you have the App installed on your phone? My most recent failed attempt with chat was ended with "you need to clear space on your phone and try that" They did admit that there are a LOT of us who are having trouble with this whole programme though. I also have zilch for this week <sigh>

Mine is not on my phone. Mine is on my computer.

No go on the parkhoppers. Policy has not changed. They still wanted over $200 to upgrade the Canadian Special tickets.

Ah, too bad. At least your Universal tickets upgrade worked out for you. Thank you for posting @damo, we land late Monday and will still give it a try. I have two other upgrades to try as well with other tickets and if none work at a reasonable cost, we will be without hoppers and will have to cancel and revise a lot of plans. We will see.

Have an awesome time regardless!!

today i stopped at rexall for a couple things. i “earned” one of the marvel things, but the cashier said that since the event is technically over she’s giving extras away. i left with like, 2 dozen. so i have tons of extras, and thought i would check if anyone is looking for a specific character. Here’s what i have:
6 hulk, 2 captain america, 2 falcon, 2 red skull, 2 iron man, 1 hawkeye, 1 groot, 1 vision, 1 thor, 1 starlord, 1 was machine, 1 loki. phew!

the only one i haven’t gotten is rocket (the little raccoon) and so if you have an extra of him, i’d be happy to trade :)

[QUOTE="marchingstar, post: 58398150, member: 5206Here’s what i have:
6 hulk, 2 captain america, 2 falcon, 2 red skull, 2 iron man, 1 hawkeye, 1 groot, 1 vision, 1 thor, 1 starlord, 1 was machine, 1 loki. phew![/QUOTE]

My son is collecting these and missing 1 Hulk, 1 iron man, 1 vision, 1 Thor. I can pay you for shipping! Unfortunately no extra rockets.

today i stopped at rexall for a couple things. i “earned” one of the marvel things, but the cashier said that since the event is technically over she’s giving extras away. i left with like, 2 dozen. so i have tons of extras, and thought i would check if anyone is looking for a specific character. Here’s what i have:
6 hulk, 2 captain america, 2 falcon, 2 red skull, 2 iron man, 1 hawkeye, 1 groot, 1 vision, 1 thor, 1 starlord, 1 was machine, 1 loki. phew!

the only one i haven’t gotten is rocket (the little raccoon) and so if you have an extra of him, i’d be happy to trade :)

I’ve missed getting any of these so I would love to pay for shipping any of these that no one else wants. DS has just gotten really into the MCU and we are two movies away from watching them all with him. Since the new Thor movie comes out next week we have to watch Antman and Civil War before then!

Please send me a pm if you can mail any of your extras to me.

:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter