• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I did my GC all in one shot. Ask the cashier at the store which way they would prefer to do them. They usually know how others have been processed at their store and whether there was an issue or not.

Also, St. Hubert's soups are on sale for the month until August 8 at $1.99, buy 3 get 10 ams. If you are lucky enough to find a store with the incorrect tags, they originally printed as buy 3 get 60 ams. I ended up buying 30, received the 10 am wub 3 and customer service "Made it Right" for the missing 500 and then promptly took down the tags.

I had a similar experience. I only picked up 3 chicken broth because the tag said it was good until sometime in August. When they rang through at the cash it was only 10AM (still not a bad deal as they totaled less than $6) but I thought I had made a mental note that they were 60AM. I asked the cashier if I could park my stuff while I went to check it out. Grabbed the ticket off the shelf and went right to CS. They made it right and said they would have to check into it as they didn't know which one was the error (the 60AM or the 10AM)

Now I know the answer and am kicking myself for not having picked up more.

I did the max 5x150=$750 GC at sobeys in one transaction and correctly got the 750AM. The flyer is a bit confusing because it sort of suggests you can only do the deal once and up to 5x150 cards so I was wondering if I did one card if I couldn't do another. But the good customer service lady that works days at Terry Fox checked and confirmed you can do any combo but 5 max overall per card during the week.

O/T Off Topic
The Reno just started--ceilings being scrapped--no more popcorn ceiling,,,what a messy yucky job.
wish me luck
Hugs Mel

I would love to get rid of our ugly ceilings too ... but the mess it will create has stopped me, good luck with all the renos!

Here's my off topic activity for today, jam for all the fresh bread I've been making
received_10213837636669984.jpeg

Looks great! Did you go and pick the strawberries yourself. That's on my to do list for next week.

I had a similar experience. I only picked up 3 chicken broth because the tag said it was good until sometime in August. When they rang through at the cash it was only 10AM (still not a bad deal as they totaled less than $6) but I thought I had made a mental note that they were 60AM. I asked the cashier if I could park my stuff while I went to check it out. Grabbed the ticket off the shelf and went right to CS. They made it right and said they would have to check into it as they didn't know which one was the error (the 60AM or the 10AM)

Now I know the answer and am kicking myself for not having picked up more.

Well always worth it to check again when you go back next, I'm only relaying what I was told.

Looks great! Did you go and pick the strawberries yourself. That's on my to do list for next week.
That would be a hard NO!! I really don't like being out in the sun, gotta get up too flipping early to pick berries, there are bugs, my back hurts, my knees hurt, it's messy, ME NO LIKE (get the picture :P ) When i was a kid we would go pick berries by the flat and then come home and put them down, freeze them, make jam, crumbles, shortcakes .. it got to the point that i dreaded the end of the school year because it mean strawberry picking time had arrived. Once i was in charge of my own kitchen the rule was someone else could either pick the berries and bring them home or just buy the danged things! This is the first year in literally decades that I've made jam, hubby thinks he's died & gone to heaven :P

This is a real life picture of me in a berry patch ...

1FYD.gif

I did Shell the other day - split my gas into 2 transactions. 1 at just over 15L, and 1 at 19L (remainder). Only got 2 separate 1AM. Was hoping for 2 of the 3AM bonus like I had the week before!

I did Shell the other day - split my gas into 2 transactions. 1 at just over 15L, and 1 at 19L (remainder). Only got 2 separate 1AM. Was hoping for 2 of the 3AM bonus like I had the week before!

Oh - just figured out why. 3AM bonus is only for 25L or more. Oops!

Sobeys flyer
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/sobeys-on-flyer-june-21-to-27/all
Get 150 airmiles when you get $150 gift card
Maple Leaf meats --buy 2 get 50 airmiles-I'm good for some bacon!!
Canada Dry ginger ale products --buy 4 get 20 airmiles

Hugs Mel
Be careful on the Maple Leaf meats. I purchased the bacon and when the bonus air miles did not show up, I was told that it only applied for the Maple Leaf hams.[/QUOTE]

Same here! Got the Prime chicken breast strips but no AM. Didn’t bother to return them. And forgot to grab a Shell card. Not a good try for my at Sobeys this time!

Sobeys flyer
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/sobeys-on-flyer-june-21-to-27/all
Get 150 airmiles when you get $150 gift card
Maple Leaf meats --buy 2 get 50 airmiles-I'm good for some bacon!!
Canada Dry ginger ale products --buy 4 get 20 airmiles

Hugs Mel

Be careful on the Maple Leaf meats. I purchased the bacon and when the bonus air miles did not show up, I was told that it only applied for the Maple Leaf hams.[/QUOTE]

Be careful on the Maple Leaf meats. I purchased the bacon and when the bonus air miles did not show up, I was told that it only applied for the Maple Leaf hams.

Same here! Got the Prime chicken breast strips but no AM. Didn’t bother to return them. And forgot to grab a Shell card. Not a good try for my at Sobeys this time![/QUOTE]

Hi Guys
I am very sorry this happened to you and apologise.
I will go back and edit the post.
Hugs Mel

Be careful on the Maple Leaf meats. I purchased the bacon and when the bonus air miles did not show up, I was told that it only applied for the Maple Leaf hams.

Same here! Got the Prime chicken breast strips but no AM. Didn’t bother to return them. And forgot to grab a Shell card. Not a good try for my at Sobeys this time![/QUOTE]

Hi Guys
Hugs Mel[/QUOTE]

No problem! The flyer is misleading. I read it myself and thought the same thing.

Hi Guys
Hugs Mel[/QUOTE]

Mel....no need to apologize
It was a misleading ad (to a point) but will make me look closer next time.

Hi everyone. I’ve appreciated reading all the tips and tricks posted to this forum. I have been an AM collector for years though I didn’t become serious until about 8 months ago. I wouldn’t have ever thought to gain my hubby a card to capitalize on the large promos. Thank you for that one! Speaking of, now that Mega Miles is over, can someone please advise how many more large promos are destined to come over the year? I’ve seen Shop The Block, though for some reason I thought there were 3 big ones each year.
Thanks in advance!

Promos that I've seen
Mega Miles usually in Spring
Shop The Block usually in the Fall

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Good morning! Today's my son's Grade 8 Grad Day. Now both my kids will be in high school come September. The years really do fly by...

On the bright side, now that I started going back to Planet Fitness and a daily treadmill walk, my back has stopped hurting again. Who knew walking an hour a day would keep back pain away? I really wish a doctor had told me years ago instead my finding it out on my own.

I don't know if this has been posted previously (sorry if it has) but I came across a Rexall and Air Miles contest. The prize is 5,000 Air Miles and a $500 Rexall gift card. There's two weeks to the contest, 1 entry per week. Here's the rules: Basically go to Rexall's FB page, watch the video and answer the question.

https://business.facebook.com/notes...ll-celebrate-canada-contest/2116388705306539/

Good morning! Today's my son's Grade 8 Grad Day. Now both my kids will be in high school come September. The years really do fly by...

On the bright side, now that I started going back to Planet Fitness and a daily treadmill walk, my back has stopped hurting again. Who knew walking an hour a day would keep back pain away? I really wish a doctor had told me years ago instead my finding it out on my own.

I don't know if this has been posted previously (sorry if it has) but I came across a Rexall and Air Miles contest. The prize is 5,000 Air Miles and a $500 Rexall gift card. There's two weeks to the contest, 1 entry per week. Here's the rules: Basically go to Rexall's FB page, watch the video and answer the question.

https://business.facebook.com/notes...ll-celebrate-canada-contest/2116388705306539/
Congrats to your son! My son's 8th grade grad is tomorrow. That's it for elementary school for us. We will have one in high school and one in college! I totally understand the feeling. It's surreal isn't it?
And congratulations on healing your back! I am just starting to feel better after 6 weeks of pain from a herniated lumbar disc. I sure won't take back health for granted again. I am so careful to limit my time sitting now, and I am working on much better posture!

how do you guys find out about the shell airmiles offers? I notice alot of you go there for gift cards, but I can never seem to find these offers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter