Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Well I know where I will be on Friday morning LOL... Shopping that Blue Friday because there actually are a lot of things I needed to stock up on.
I had to buy the KD 12 packs on the previous sale as they were half-price... now we have a small wall of KD cases stacked in our pantry...

If my list is right (and I'm usually off a bit), I'll have one order and spend approx. $151.78 and get 795 air miles. I have a targeted offer of spend $150 and get 150 AM, and it's good until the 30th, so it's better than the flyer offer of sp $100 get 100.

Just heading out the door to Rexall...

Time for the Wednesday flyer update and the personal musings of the resident Duck!
SUPER early (and rather blurry) glance at next week's Rexall flyer for Ontario

Rexall ON

• Full week of flyer this time!
  • Weekend threshold spend Friday to Sunday (BIG spend required) $50 for 60 AM or $75 for 100 AM
  • All of the other offers are terrible!
Sobeys:
****Head's up for Ontario you need to clip and use the actual coupon from the flyer to get threshold spend of $100 = 100 AM****
Atlantic Flyer
  • Spend $100 get 50 AM TODAY till Saturday
  • Large order of tater wedges $4.99 get 10 AM
  • Buy chocolate & graham wafers and get the marshmallows FREE to make s'mores
  • $25 worth of participating products (NO idea what these are?!?) get 100 AM -- bottom of page #8
  • Exchange a propane tank get 25 AM (no price mentioned)
  • Marc Anthony hair products $6.99 buy 2 get 20 AM
  • Huggies baby wipes $3.49 buy 3 get 20 AM
  • Chicken wings from the hot deli $9.77 buy 2 get 30 AM
  • lots of offers that hover around the 1:1 ratio
Urban Fresh Flyer
  • mentions 975 in store miles
  • Flyer shows TWO lonely offers $16.99 cake gets you a whole 10 AM OR 2 jars of jam $4.99 snags 5 AM
Western Flyer
  • offers outside of the Blue Friday is ALSO on Saturday this week(so jealous of this week's BTW!) that you could add to that order!
  • Tuesday July 4th get 20X base miles for every $20 worth of purchases
  • Compliments maple syrup $6.99 get 15 AM
  • Old El Paso products 2/$5 spend $10 get 15 AM
  • Club House marinades $2.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Pedigree dog food $16.99 buy 2 get 50 AM
  • Get your booze for the summer spend $150 get 150 AM
  • several products have bonus miles as well so pays to drink!

Foodland
Ontario Flyer
  • Butterball turkey "bacon" and "Franks" $3.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Natrel Lactose free milk 2L $4.99 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • the rest of the offers are PATHETIC
Atlantic Flyer
  • cheese & meat trays $2.19/100 g spend $15 get 30 AM
  • Old Dutch of Humpdty Dumpty products 2/$6 buy 4 get 25 AM
  • several lousy offers to round out the flyer!
Metro
  • Maple leaf & Schneiders products ranging from $2.99 for bologna to $9.99 for Jumbo hotdogs buy 3 get 20 AM
  • Tropicana Juice $5.99 buy 2 get 20 AM
  • Sponge towels or Scotties facial tissue $5.99 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • If you haven't already linked an AM card to your Metro account get 50 AM

Last edited:
Suppose your load coupon is spend 100 get 40 and you also have the printed spend 100 get 100 coupon. Which one will be applied?

Last edited:
Blue Friday (and bonus Saturday) out west this week! There's some good deals this time - I'll be making my list this morning!

I got 25 airmiles for every $25, max 100 airmiles, can't be combined with another offer. Also away, otherwise I'd do it.

Super excited to see Blue Friday extended to Saturday!!

In planning my “attack” I also received a load and go offer for Saturday only - Earn 25 BONUS miles for every $25 spent. States “offer expires after a single use unless otherwise stated and cannot be used in combination with any other spend offers in a single transaction”. It appears that I can’t combine this with the spend $100/100 AM and net 200 easy AM on a $100 spend. Can anyone confirm for me? Thanks in advance.

Congrats to your son! My son's 8th grade grad is tomorrow. That's it for elementary school for us. We will have one in high school and one in college! I totally understand the feeling. It's surreal isn't it?
And congratulations on healing your back! I am just starting to feel better after 6 weeks of pain from a herniated lumbar disc. I sure won't take back health for granted again. I am so careful to limit my time sitting now, and I am working on much better posture!

Yes, it is surreal!

I wish my back was healed but I'm getting there. While I was on the treadmill for 45 minutes Sat/Sun/Mon, I did not go yesterday. I woke up at 3:30 AM with my lower back aching. I gave up sleeping at 6:30 and got out of bed. Today I went on the treadmill for an hour. Hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep tonight.

I hope your back gets better. Back pain is the worse. Even after 20 years it surprises me how limiting normal activity can be when an attack comes on. :(

I've recently started using the Options PC points thing and I'm not impressed so far. I used two of my targeted offers on Saturday and only one went through with the points. I phoned through and had them apply the points however I did get a lecture about doing those sort of requests online. Today I went to Loblaws and bought the burgers they have on for todays targeted one day offer, get 6000 points. I went through the self serve as I only had the one item but once again, no points were applied. When I called the clerk over she gave them to me right away. If you have to chase down these points all the time it seems like a lot of bother. I'll keep using it when it benefits me but a bit of a pain.

I have yet to have a clerk offer to manually credit the points to me! Lucky you. If the points don't go on my receipt, I walk over to Customer Service and tell them I'm returning the product right then and there and explain why. You'd think they'd just credit the points but no...

Super excited to see Blue Friday extended to Saturday!!

In planning my “attack” I also received a load and go offer for Saturday only - Earn 25 BONUS miles for every $25 spent. States “offer expires after a single use unless otherwise stated and cannot be used in combination with any other spend offers in a single transaction”. It appears that I can’t combine this with the spend $100/100 AM and net 200 easy AM on a $100 spend. Can anyone confirm for me? Thanks in advance.

I believe you cannot stack the two, at least our Safeway hasn't let me use two in the past. I have a targeted spend $150 get 150AM coupon that's good until the 30th, so I'll be using that one and not the flyer spend $100 get 100AM.

So far my list is at $151.78 (excl. tax and deposits), earning 795 air miles. We'll see if I stick to that - I usually don't, lol.

I just wanted to describe a couple of experiences regarding the purchase of Shell gift cards with the Sobey's/Foodland gift cards.

My friend went to Sobey's Whitby customer service desk last night to purchase the $150 grocery gift cards. Unfortunately she made the mistake of asking if she could then use them to purchase Shell gift cards. The lady at the customer service desk phoned the Manager, who of course, said NO.

MY experience has always been DO NOT ASK! I just place the gift cards on the converyor belt with my groceries and the Cashiers ring them through no problem.

I just came back from Foodland, where again I had two $100 Shell gift cards included in my groceries, and the Cashier never batted an eye.

Anyone get the Children's Place email that says 25 AM with any purchase? I don't see anything on it about a minimum? Wonder if it is specific to my account or is it available to everyone?

Get the styles kids want at the prices you’ll love!

YOUR EXCLUSIVE OFFER

Get 25 Bonus Miles
when you shop The Children’s Place or online
from June 20 through July 11, 2018

* Offer valid June 20 through July 11, 2018 at participating The Children's Place stores in Canada when you present your AIR MILES® Card at the time of any purchase in-store, or online if your order ships to a street address or PO box in Canada at the time of purchase. Limited to one offer per Collector Number per day net of refunds and exclusive of taxes, shipping discounts and gift card purchases. Bonus Miles will be deducted for each corresponding purchase returned. Allow up to 8 weeks post promotion for Miles to be posted to your Collector Account. This is an exclusive offer and is non-transferable. No coupon required.

Well, I've decided to give this offer a go. They have free delivery right now so I ordered a pair of children's sunglasses at 3.99. Tomorrow I'll try something else small and do a few more after that. If it truly is 25 AM per day and there is no spend threshold then its a awesome deal. Time will tell.
Wish me luck.

On an AM high tonight. :)

Last week I bought 1 x $150 GC at Sobeys. Got 150AM. Spent $42 of that GC and got about 25AM.

Today went back and used the Spend $100 Get 100AM coupon AND the $5 off $50+ spend coupon together, plus got about 30AM from offers.

So far on my $150 GC purchase I've earned about 305AM! Not too shabby!

Atlantic Flyer
  • Spend $100 get 50 AM TODAY till Saturday
  • Large order of tater wedges $4.99 get 10 AM
  • Buy chocolate & graham wafers and get the marshmallows FREE to make s'mores
  • $25 worth of participating products (NO idea what these are?!?) get 100 AM -- bottom of page #8
  • Exchange a propane tank get 25 AM (no price mentioned)
  • Marc Anthony hair products $6.99 buy 2 get 20 AM
  • Huggies baby wipes $3.49 buy 3 get 20 AM
  • Chicken wings from the hot deli $9.77 buy 2 get 30 AM
  • lots of offers that hover around the 1:1 ratio

I think that $25/100 miles is for the Canadian made dog food noted below it (unfortunately).

I got a My Offer for saturday only, every $25/25 miles up to 100 miles . Hopefully I will get both the in store offer $100/50 miles and that one. If not, I will go to customer service and have them add it for me

I also have a second My Offer of spend $75/20 miles. If I use the other one, I doubt I will get this one too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter