Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I went to Sobeys today and spent $102 before taxes. The spend $100 get 100 coupon scanned and showed properly, but I only got 25 miles for the spend $25 get 25 loaded offer(max 100 miles). I called the mysobeys helpline and was credited the other 75 miles. While shopping, I saw my mother-in-law in the store and she had the same issue.

I went to Sobeys today and spent $102 before taxes. The spend $100 get 100 coupon scanned and showed properly, but I only got 25 miles for the spend $25 get 25 loaded offer(max 100 miles). I called the mysobeys helpline and was credited the other 75 miles. While shopping, I saw my mother-in-law in the store and she had the same issue.

Thanks so much! Checked my receipt and sure enough I only got 25. I just called mysobeys and they’re going to add the 75 miles so my 366 for Blue Saturday becomes 441 AM!

Well we had a LOUSY hunting trip at Metro today ... shopping is taking much longer now that I'm studying the labels of everything that goes into my cart and today we came home with the majority of our list not bought! We left with 2 bags and that was only because we needed to use a cooler bag for the ice cream. Walked out with 6 AM only because i used the secondary card with it's $5 threshold spend!!!

Things i wasn't able to buy: taters (seriously, no CDN taters!?!?!), pickles, mushrooms (this was due to NONE ..not one lone 'shroom in the cooler), burger buns (none that wouldn't expire on the 3rd) popcorn (sorry, I'm not paying $6.00 even with a targeted offer)

This means another trip somewhere and it's too hot outside for the duck! (Anyone have any cheese for my whine fest :P )

Once again, Happy Canada Day gang!
upload_2018-7-1_15-33-35.jpeg

So I'm planning for a late November 2019 trip to WDW using AM for hotel stay, flight, already have tickets etc. One day at Universal.

Something odd I noticed - wondering if this has ever hapenned to anyone else - is I can find the hotel I was for a 9 night stay for dates in 2018 but when I search even just Jan 2019 that same hotel is only available when I search only 7 night stays...

I'll go on AM chat when I can (they are closed today) to see if I would really have to book 2 nights and then another 7 nights separately... weird.

Weirdest part is it seems that I can book 2 nights and then the next 7 nights but not 9 nights. Almost makes me just want to go with a hotel that lets me book 9 nights right away...

Hmm maybe I'll try the Delta Lake Buena Vista for 2 nights then switch to the Doubletree Disney Springs (hotel I want for all 9 nights).

Anyways, Nov 2019 bookings wouldn't be up until about December this year anyways so I have some time to figure this out!!

So I'm planning for a late November 2019 trip to WDW using AM for hotel stay, flight, already have tickets etc. One day at Universal.

Something odd I noticed - wondering if this has ever hapenned to anyone else - is I can find the hotel I was for a 9 night stay for dates in 2018 but when I search even just Jan 2019 that same hotel is only available when I search only 7 night stays...

I'll go on AM chat when I can (they are closed today) to see if I would really have to book 2 nights and then another 7 nights separately... weird.

Weirdest part is it seems that I can book 2 nights and then the next 7 nights but not 9 nights. Almost makes me just want to go with a hotel that lets me book 9 nights right away...

Hmm maybe I'll try the Delta Lake Buena Vista for 2 nights then switch to the Doubletree Disney Springs (hotel I want for all 9 nights).

Anyways, Nov 2019 bookings wouldn't be up until about December this year anyways so I have some time to figure this out!!
I think the problem might be more with the actual hotels themselves not AM .. they might not have their full calendar loaded perhaps? I tried a bunch of hotels in Toronto and some would let me book a full 14 days in May 2019 (figured I'd push the envelope a bit :P ) but others have nothing open at all unless i choose 1 night. The same hotels will let me do the 14 days if i choose next month. Just the musings of a very hot & sweaty Duck!

I think the problem might be more with the actual hotels themselves not AM .. they might not have their full calendar loaded perhaps? I tried a bunch of hotels in Toronto and some would let me book a full 14 days in May 2019 (figured I'd push the envelope a bit :P ) but others have nothing open at all unless i choose 1 night. The same hotels will let me do the 14 days if i choose next month. Just the musings of a very hot & sweaty Duck!

Hope so! I'll report back with what AM chat tells me. If I have to book them separately it's about 2000 AM more for the exact same # of nights!!

If that's the case I'll probably book at the Delta Lake Buena Vista as it seems the nicest!

I've been trying to keep an eye on some flights for early next year, and now every time I check there are no Air Canada flights. I normally prefer WestJet any way but Air Canada is the only one flying direct to Fort Lauderdale from Ottawa (for cruising :) ). Is it just me? I have checked a number of dates to FLL, and MCO and can't see any AC flights.

Air Miles flights are getting less and less for the better ones. I can NEVER find ones that are the cheapest fare (2635 for Florida from Nova Scotia). I used to be able to get ones to Miami in April for the least amount of miles. Not anymore! If it wasn't for the fact I earn 200-300 miles per month just using my world elite card, I would even bother with it.

I have around 14,000 miles in Dream for DH's account and mine. From now on, I am collecting Cash miles and just buying my flights out-right with cash.

I've been trying to keep an eye on some flights for early next year, and now every time I check there are no Air Canada flights. I normally prefer WestJet any way but Air Canada is the only one flying direct to Fort Lauderdale from Ottawa (for cruising :) ). Is it just me? I have checked a number of dates to FLL, and MCO and can't see any AC flights.

The direct AM flights I got last year were available immediately upon release and then I had to wait months and months to get the rest. Keep checking, they come and go all the time. Look at the AC website and check to see how many seats have been assigned etc, then check back on AM site if the flight isn't too full already. Check late at night just before you go to bed, sometimes a flight will pop up then. First thing Saturday morning.

I've found in the past, on my searches, that AM seems to go through a cycle of favouring one carrier over others for a few weeks and then they flip over to someone else. Patience if you have the time :rolleyes1.

well, I was disappointed I didn't get to score some major Am with Blue Friday, but we went to Calgary to visit the dd. I did score some AM though as we stopped to pick up a couple things for meals. I did score 254 Am for what I did purchase...which I will take. Had we have stayed home, I would have scored more.
The DH had to make a phone call to BMO about our new cc we got with the airmiles. We didn't see the promos that we were supposed to get. They were great about it and fixed it right away for us. I thought I would have to wait until our next billing date to see the bonus 3000 Am...but there were already posted to our account. So I will take that major score to help collect travel vouchers for the destination wedding. :banana:

Be careful with this if your not going to be flying in early. We booked the perfect flight for our Nov. cruise then, a few months later, we got a notice that the flight times had changed to an afternoon flight that would have gotten us there after the sail away. I know we should fly in early however this time we can't so I had to look at other airlines and had to pay OOP in stead of using AM's. The AM rep was really good at crediting us back with our AM's though so that was good.

Be careful with this if your not going to be flying in early. We booked the perfect flight for our Nov. cruise then, a few months later, we got a notice that the flight times had changed to an afternoon flight that would have gotten us there after the sail away. I know we should fly in early however this time we can't so I had to look at other airlines and had to pay OOP in stead of using AM's. The AM rep was really good at crediting us back with our AM's though so that was good.

I generally fly in at least a day before. I've been lucky so far with that. The flights home are often very late, which is annoying, but I guess better than missing the flight! I am a bit stuck at the moment on if we'll be doing a trip in Jan/Feb, and when, which ship, etc... or maybe we'll just wait and do a week at Disney in the summer? I just really like to get away in winter! I have about 4 I am watching for late January, early February, comparing prices and flights. I prefer to cruise from Port Canaveral as there are more direct flight options to and from Orlando than Fort Lauderdale. But FLL is so close to Miami it really opens up the number of cruise options, except if I am looking at using Air Miles, then I am getting nothing! Hopefully they will come back. I need about 200 AM any way for my own flights (and pay cash for one) so if I have to wait longer I'll just have that many more to use and perhaps be able to do both of us. Plus a hotel for one night. :)

Has anyone received the bonus 150 AM from the Sobeys GC offer in March? Sorry, can't remember how long we needed to wait before asking AM about them, but so far I've got nothing on either of my accounts. Has anyone contacted AM about this? I know there was some discussion earlier in this thread. Does anyone have the original offer that we could quote to AM?

Has anyone received the bonus 150 AM from the Sobeys GC offer in March? Sorry, can't remember how long we needed to wait before asking AM about them, but so far I've got nothing on either of my accounts. Has anyone contacted AM about this? I know there was some discussion earlier in this thread. Does anyone have the original offer that we could quote to AM?

I just took some time to dig thru the MM thread to find the answer to this question. Here's a quote of a post i made when the problem first appeared.

"AKKK that moment when you're itching to share screen pints & comments and your computer freezes, requires a hard boot and then insists on doing a disc scan :surfweb:

*****UPDATE to the Sobeys & Urban Fresh Gift Card promo*****
Copied from @disneyaddicted
OH. MY. GOSH! I am so happy!!! :cool1: I went to the Whitby location (Sobey's) and told the Customer Service person what the Oshawa location told me. He called for the Manager to come. She said YES the 150 air miles WILL stack! Someone here mentioned a letter. This Manager told me all Sobeys have received an e-mail from Head Office regarding this AND SHE SHOWED ME THE PRINTED E-MAIL!!! :thumbsup2

The e-mail specifically says the 150 air miles that show on everyone's receipt is from the flyer offer. The 150 air miles from the Mega Miles will NOT show on the receipt, but as long as the MM coupon has been scanned and shows the coupon code, the 150 mega miles will show up in the collector's accounts in a few weeks. I was so excited at seeing this e-mail confirmation that I can't remember how many weeks it said for the Mega Miles to show up. Sorry.

Her theory is that Sobeys and Air Miles did not communicate with each other and accidentally ran the 150 air mile promo at the same time. She believes the e-mail receieved from Sobey's Head Office was sent out to confirm Sobey's will honor the double promo."

OK :here's the timeline for the promo for those of us who are still waiting on any miles to post in the order of when you can follow up

• On-line shopping for any purchases & the coupon for 50 bonus miles WAS June 26th. If you made any purchases check this post to see if you are also due any multipliers. If they push about the company line of 120 days remind them it's only 75 for online Online multiplier MM offers
  • The last date for any coupons not yet honoured is August 10th.
  • CAVEAT : if only you've received a portion of your total big bonus amount from the promo and you excepted more... they're done with your account so follow up ASAP.
Specifically related to the bonus miles from the Sobeys gift cards --- the time line for those extra miles (75 from Urban Fresh & 150 from Sobeys) would be 120 days from the end of the promo as well, August 10th but personally, I think they've put the promo to bed so to speak and you could try to get those miles now. You might get a customer service rep willing to post them now.

I just did a chat with AM and they are manually posting my missing Sobeys GC MegaMiles AirMiles. So, it looks like they aren't forcing the wait until August.

Good to know! I'll have to try myself when I get some time. Haven't received my 50 bonus AM either from doing 2 shops during MM either. They're going to hate me.

Good to know! I'll have to try myself when I get some time. Haven't received my 50 bonus AM either from doing 2 shops during MM either. They're going to hate me.

50 am from the 2 airmilesshops???? I'm still missing them too (3 accounts) and I know 2 of my kids (university) are missing theirs too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter