Airmiles Armchair Chatter

My threshold spend at Sobeys has plummeted all the way to spend $100 get 75AM - it was as high as $500 just a few weeks ago. I think those big transactions have an effort of punishing you....split up the transactions. so I can combine with $100 for 100AM from flyer (put of course on some of my Sobeys gift cards)

I have mentioned a few times about how I can't seem to get on Shell's radar to get those 4 fillups coupons etc....well we have our backup card in my wife's name (for STB etc) - finally saw an offer fill 4 times in Aug get 100AM. 25L is a fill so split a fill over 2 days and you are half done (I would guess that doing 2 transactions at same time by moving pumps might be still one fill in their system logic)
We have done two transactions of 25 litres each at the same pump at the same time and it counts as two. Very easy to do, just make sure you pay after each 'fill' and of course, make sure you use your AM card for each one.

Are the Safeway targeted AM offers stackable with the Blue Friday offers? I received a spend $100 get 75. If I spend $100 on Blue Friday will I get 175 bonus (100 Blue Friday and 75 targeted) for the $100 spend? If so, might be worth going before work.

I don’t believe they stack, at least for me they haven’t.

So here's a question I'm not sure has been asked before. I have a raincheck from Sobey's for the purchase 2 Marc Angelo kabobs and get 25 air miles. I just saw they are in the flyer for purchase 2 MC kabobs and get 10 air miles. Sobey's has not had the kabobs in stock since they gave me the raincheck, so they should be there this week.

When everything is rung through and I hand the cashier my rainchecks (same price), will I get the current flyer AM offer PLUS the raincheck offer?

raincheck buy 2 pkgs get 25 x 2 = 50 air miles PLUS the buy 2 pkgs get 10 x 2 = 20 air miles for a total of 70 air miles?

So far I'm adding up about 265 miles (before the extra 20 in the scenario above) for $100.

Well I just received an offer from Amex. Its spend $350 at eligible stand alone grocery stores between Aug. 1-31 and get 150 AM. I can say, for sure, that would never happen. I shop a lot at Costco and Walmart for a large majority of my groceries and to the best of my knowledge they are not considered stand alone grocery stores.
Oh well. Maybe next time I will get an offer I can use.

Keep in mind that Amex doesn't know (or care) WHAT you're buying at the grocery store, only that you've charged X dollars. So if you want to use the offer, maybe buy gift cards from a grocery store for someplace you do regularly shop?

Our 1 am onyx cne passes came today but only include admission tickets and there is no mention to the ride all day pass. We have three onyx members and all are the same, 3 different envelopes, no ride all day pass.

Did anyone happen to screen shot the terms and conditions and can post them? Thought I'd call them but at the moment I don't have any proof of the Ride all Day offer being included.

We have done two transactions of 25 litres each at the same pump at the same time and it counts as two. Very easy to do, just make sure you pay after each 'fill' and of course, make sure you use your AM card for each one.

That's good to know - thanks for sharing!

Keep in mind that Amex doesn't know (or care) WHAT you're buying at the grocery store, only that you've charged X dollars. So if you want to use the offer, maybe buy gift cards from a grocery store for someplace you do regularly shop?
Thank you! Not sure why that didn't occur to me because I have done that with previous offers. I think age is a factor though :crazy2:. I now have my Netflex paid for the next year, DH has his lottery money in gift card form for the next three months, I have a small Metro GC (don't shop there often) and I'm more than half way there. Maybe one of my other grocery stores will have some Disney cards.
Again, thanks for the reminder.

Our 1 am onyx cne passes came today but only include admission tickets and there is no mention to the ride all day pass. We have three onyx members and all are the same, 3 different envelopes, no ride all day pass.

Did anyone happen to screen shot the terms and conditions and can post them? Thought I'd call them but at the moment I don't have any proof of the Ride all Day offer being included.

I'm certain I did. Give me a moment and I'll look.

Damn it! I thought I did but I only have a screenshot of my order. Nothing else.

Also, my ticket came. I say "ticket", not "tickets"! I'm sure the offer was TWO admissions with ONE ride-all-day pass. What I have specifically says ONE entry, not two.

I'm going to see if anyone posted screenshots on Facebook and Red Flag Deals.

Last edited:
By the way, I just came back from Sobey's. Yes, I handed over the raincheck and I was given both the 10 air miles offered in this week's flyer AND the 25 air miles on my raincheck. Times two as I purchased four packages of Marc Angelo kabobs. 70 air miles total

I walked out with 286 air miles this afternoon. Spent $125.03. Unfortunately I spent $8 more than I meant. The whole chicken I meant to purchase at Loblaws as part of their points program, not Sobey's.

Edited:
Spoke with (Marsha) airmiles chat who said it can take up to 90 days to post--I am not interested in waiting 3 months for points so I am going to skip this offer.

Just checking in
I did the spend 95 cash airmiles at Metro ($10.00).
No 50 bonus airmiles listed on receipt.
Anyone else have this happen?

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Just checking in

Hugs Mel

I haven't been yet but I do this offer every time they offer it. They will come later from head office, perhaps a week later, can't really remember timeframe.

no screen shot, but I think there were 2 types that were available. By the time We got there were only admission tickets left. Not the best deal, but still saving 15bucks

Edited:
Spoke with (Marsha) airmiles chat who said it can take up to 90 days to post--I am not interested in waiting 3 months for points so I am going to skip this offer.

Just checking in

Hugs Mel

It's not 90 days for sure. Here is from the last time I did it, I can't be sure it posted on June 22 or they backdated it, but it wasn't too long afterwards. 5 days does sound right though.

upload_2018-8-2_16-3-8.png

Huh ok. I'm sure I ordered the 2 admissions with all-day-pass. I order them Friday afternoon (screenshot time 4:51 pm). I wouldn't have bothered with just 1 free admission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter