Airmiles Shop the Block 2018 - BONUS MILES POSTING NOW

Regarding the online shopping:
I have never, NOT ONCE, had these miles post seamlessly during big promos. I use the portal all the time and I'd venture that 95% of the time when there isn't a promo they work perfectly .. i get the email confirming delivery and poof the miles appear, exactly the number I'm expecting (even bonus miles if they have a multiplier) the only one that i seem to have trouble with is Staples so I've long since stopped using that as an option -- not worth the hassle for the few miles it will net me.

I know we all hate keeping track for them, but there really isn't any other choice. It rarely works, we'll need to follow up so just be ready. I've also never has any trouble getting the miles when i do hunt them down (probably because they're aware of how awful the system is!)

My advice is to just keep your records and wait it out. Don't feel pressured to use another coupon & don't fret over it not working. We are a very small sample size and notice how many of us are waiting on these miles which means it's the system, NOT US! Don't waste time trying to track them down now either because even if you do get an agent who says they'll put a note on your account, that ain't happening.

If you're asking me about the miles i got it depends where i look, on the website on the tiny transaction preview it looks like this:
View attachment 370799

But if i open up my full transaction list OR in the APP it looks like this:
View attachment 370800

The full description is what makes me think it's NOT connected to StB :confused3

My 50 AM are from Airmilesshops so not the same offer?!?

My 50 AM are from Airmilesshops so not the same offer?!?
No, not the same one I got, who knows anymore!!! Maybe it's the "coupon" from this promo but I'm not sure. I randomly got 25 miles on one account from airmilesshop with no idea why at the beginning of November.....

Ugh, this STB is going to be a big old pita.

Shell - awarded, mentions STB
Rexall - awarded, does not mention STB
airmilesshops.ca - not awarded
Thrifty Foods- not awarded
Miss Fresh- not awarded (1st time ordering)
Miss Fresh- not awarded (ordered a second week, this may or may not post)
Staples- not awarded
LCBO - awarded, does not mention STB

So, out of the 7 different vendors, 3 have awarded but only 1 mentioned STB when the miles posted. The other 4 have not awarded at all.

My first Miss Fresh order was placed on Nov 20, and the miles didn't show up until quite recently. Maybe last week? So those might still come through for you.

I'm with you on Staples though.

We need to do a count of how many people still have airmilesshops.com purchases that have not posted.

I have two over $100 purchases (one Roots, one Amazon) that have not posted.

Off the top of my head:

Before STB: Fitbit
Black Friday weekend: Staples, Chapters, Lands End
Sometime in the past two weeks (some of these might still show up on their own): LL Bean, Amazon x2, Wayfair, Canadian Mint, Chapters (2 orders, only one posted)

I did have one $100+ Lands End order post a couple of weeks ago, but haven't seen the STB bonus miles post yet.

Use this link if you already have an account set up

Convert HBC Reward Points to Airmiles
So I have a question about this. My Sister signed up for an HBC reward card in the store but the Air Miles card is under my Mother's name. Can she do the convert the points over using her new hbc rewards card and my mother's air miles card or should we sign my Mother up for an HBC rewards card? They do have different last names so we aren't sure.

So I have a question about this. My Sister signed up for an HBC reward card in the store but the Air Miles card is under my Mother's name. Can she do the convert the points over using her new hbc rewards card and my mother's air miles card or should we sign my Mother up for an HBC rewards card? They do have different last names so we aren't sure.
I don't see it being a problem, the form only asks for the name associated with the HBC reward and then just the airmiles number, I don't think they'd care.

Ugh, this STB is going to be a big old pita.

Shell - awarded, mentions STB
Rexall - awarded, does not mention STB
airmilesshops.ca - not awarded
Thrifty Foods- not awarded
Miss Fresh- not awarded (1st time ordering)
Miss Fresh- not awarded (ordered a second week, this may or may not post)
Staples- not awarded
LCBO - awarded, does not mention STB

So, out of the 7 different vendors, 3 have awarded but only 1 mentioned STB when the miles posted. The other 4 have not awarded at all.

The 200 bonus from Thrifty Foods posted last night but again, no mention of STB.

15 Dec 18
thrifty-foods-logo_75.jpg
ADMIRALS BONUS REWARD MILES ON PRODUCT
+200

Make sure the cashier enters the code at metro. Mine refused and I ended up using 95 AM and not getting offer so had to do it again with diff cashier. It will show 50 Am receipt if done correctly

I am missing all my black friday/cyber monday miles - amazon x3, new egg x2, dell, underarmour, etsy, apple, indigo x2 and think geek x2. 13 different transactions, all missing. Not all of them are over $100, but more than one is. I did get my last $100 from new egg on Dec 10 post, including the 10x bonus miles for that day, but no STB bonus yet.

Make sure the cashier enters the code at metro. Mine refused and I ended up using 95 AM and not getting offer so had to do it again with diff cashier. It will show 50 Am receipt if done correctly

The cashier I had entered the coupon no problem. Did it three times for my 3 cards. Commented that he had never done so many before. Then my friend went through and did hers. The people behind her in line were looking a little annoyed.

Other cashiers at the same store told another customer they didn't know how to do it and so they couldn't. (To which I would have replied, go get someone who knows how to do it and have them show you) The person doing the shopping didn't want to make a fuss. Her daughter will go back tonight and get the 50 AM from CS and then do another transaction the proper was to qualify for StB.

With Metro done and on my receipt I am officially finished with StB. Never did get the Samsung to post (Nov 18, Nov 25). Other than that things went fairly smoothly, not as easy as last year but doable.

My Airmileshops orders finally posted!

Last edited:
I think I messed up - the Metro use 95 will be my 7th, and I had planned to also do it for my daughter's 7th but totally forgot to switch her account to cash miles - with the delay in switching the account over will the Metro promotion be done?

You don't need to switch her over to cash miles to use the miles only to earn them.

If you have enough cash miles in DD account you can go ahead and redeem today.

If you need to earn Cash AM you will have to wait until tomorrow (assuming you switch today which will take effect tomorrow at 3am) then I would recommend shopping at Rexall (post next day) or Shell (carwashes)(post 2-3 days). They both post quickly and you should be able to redeem before the 24th.

Woohoo! My Airmiles shops order from November 21, JC Penney, finally posted today! 7 base and 63 bonus!

Still waiting for Indigo from Nov 23 but with the one posting at least I should be good for my 7 STB offers.

I just did both our accounts at Metro. The cashier was not pleased about having to type in the 5 digits on the back of the coupon …..don't even get me started, HOW HARD IS IT TO HIT 5 KEYS?!?!? She did it anyway and the whole time mumbled about I have no idea what. LOL....it didn't even notice that there was a bonus of 50 miles for the coupon. I couldn't figure out why I had those extra miles on the receipt.

So at this point I've done 9 on my account and 8 on DD's. I know on DD's the only ones not posted are airmilesshops and todays Metro. I haven't checked my own account properly but I'm counting on Mastercard and Amex. I should have 5 posted already.

I had a similar issue with cashier at Metro in north Kanata - a know-it-all that explained that if there are air miles her computer does it automatically. Drives me crazy :)

I'm also done with STB - for mine and wife's cards. I am hoping that the Mastercard x25 posts but I have a backup - did 8 on each and all pretty routine stuff

Hopefully no issues with Urban express

Now....let's go MEGA MILES!!

I got 3 x 5 AM from Shell- Shop the Block, I think it is for fills up that I paid for at the Pump. I did opt in so I think that is what it is for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter