AK Restaurant Reviews & Comps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatIsMagic

Last trip was in '86, can't wait to go back!!!
Anyone else disappointed of late in Disney's AK Food Svc Management seeing the Dis folks doing restaurant reviews filming and comping their meals as they finish up, thus invalidating the journalistic integrity of the reporting?

Are they gonna start doing this with all the Orlando based SuperDisney bloggers and just run them out on the back end due to the interference?

From a journalistic handling, this is NOT COOL. Both by Disney, and by The Dis (for posting those full reviews, even with disclaimers, after the fact. Go back in, and spend the money to maintain the integrity of the review, and the reviewers).

Anyone else disappointed of late in Disney's AK Food Svc Management seeing the Dis folks doing restaurant reviews filming and comping their meals as they finish up, thus invalidating the journalistic integrity of the reporting?

Are they gonna start doing this with all the Orlando based SuperDisney bloggers and just run them out on the back end due to the interference?

From a journalistic handling, this is NOT COOL. Both by Disney, and by The Dis (for posting those full reviews, even with disclaimers, after the fact. Go back in, and spend the money to maintain the integrity of the review, and the reviewers).

I don’t know what reviews you’re specifically referencing but I’ve always presumed most restaurants that have capable managers running them usually can spot reviewers/bloggers and will always do their best to give them top notch service and meals therefore skewing the results for us regular people. I’m sure it’s not always noticed but I take the DIS’ dining reviews with a grain of salt. I definitely don’t concur with many reviews they’ve done.

Is it really that hard to say ‘no’; company policy is that we are not to accept ‘gifts’? Surely it is just a matter of professional boundaries? Many professionals are offered ‘gifts’ and refuse them.

I know from what I have seen and watched is that those on the DIS would much rather pay for their food and give the review than have it comped for them. I feel that the fact that they give the disclaimer when it has happened is good and the last one I watched (and I can't remember where they ate) they did state that they will be going back again and paying. I have yet to see them be all gushing in their reviews when it's been paid for by Disney. They stated that there were things they didn't like and I thought they were being honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter