AK right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone wants to say that they were there on the first day. LOL!

It's pretty exciting that Pandora has opened even from home.

To clarify, you feet are not on the ground. They are on the ride vehicle. That is what I meant. I have the video showing the restraint system open right now, and you are definitely not touching the ground with your feet.

Yes, your feet are in the ride vehicle, but the ride vehicle is attached to the ground. So your feet don't leave the ground like on some roller coasters or Soarin' because the ride vehicle never leaves the platform.

Ok...what exactly happens at each phase?
Watching VERY VERY closely...we r offsite but have FOP FP at 5:55 tomorrow...we had hoped to just come for the evening, thinking perhaps some crowds would have dispersed...
ANY idea on this one??!! The thought of being there at opening & fighting crowds & heat all day is not terribly enticing BUT FOP is high priority for all of us!!!

Ok...what exactly happens at each phase?
Watching VERY VERY closely...we r offsite but have FOP FP at 5:55 tomorrow...we had hoped to just come for the evening, thinking perhaps some crowds would have dispersed...
ANY idea on this one??!! The thought of being there at opening & fighting crowds & heat all day is not terribly enticing BUT FOP is high priority for all of us!!!
They say the crowds are dropping now, things are getting better.

We'll be there in October. I assume some sanity will be restored by then.

Will be there in October too. To be honest, am probably not even going to go to Pandora then. None of us care about Avatar and I'd rather ride KS, KRR, and EE and look at animals.

We will be there in 10 days (we will be in AK on our arrival day), don't really think that the crowds will die down too much when we are there, but at least we have a FOP FP+ :banana:. I was kind of hoping the rest of the park will be easy going, but after looking at the posted times of the other attractions that the PP posted, I think we will be in some long lines. No matter, at least we are in Disney :goodvibes.

There are EMH from 11pm -1am tonight. Resting now and going to see if we can get in then. We expect to wait but not like this afternoon when we were told a 2 hour wait just to enter the land.

Yes, your feet are in the ride vehicle, but the ride vehicle is attached to the ground. So your feet don't leave the ground like on some roller coasters or Soarin' because the ride vehicle never leaves the platform.

Well to be precise you feet do leave the ground because they are on the ride vehicle, and not on the ground. The question that was originally asked was if your feet are on the ground, and no, they are not. But the ride vehicle is on the ground and never leaves.

There are EMH from 11pm -1am tonight. Resting now and going to see if we can get in then. We expect to wait but not like this afternoon when we were told a 2 hour wait just to enter the land.

Please let us know how it goes. My nephew has that for his game plan when he is at WDW next month, going in at Midnight.

Goodness. We're going in 2 weeks and thought it would have died down some, but concerned after hearing today's reports.

I'm going to be there in 2 and a half weeks for the evening and hoping to take advantage of the EMH - hopefully the craziness will die down by then.

Those wondering at the craziness dying down...you won't see lines to get into Pandora but be prepared for both rides to consistently have long waits for the next coming years.

I think Flight of Passage will EASILY be an average 60-120 min standby line and River Journey to be a 45-90 min standby. These Pandora rides for AK will be what Frozen and 7dmt are to Epcot and MK

Arriving early and heading there first thing or having a FP will be very beneficial

Are Fastpasses for Flight Of Passage like SUPER intense long? Or is it just like a 30 to an hour wait?? My booking window starts tomorrow at 7 so I want to know which one I should choose : FOP or NRJ

Arrived at 9:30, did the safari and Everest. Now in line for EMH Pandora the line is long but moving. They are threading us through Festival of Lion King queue. Moving consistently. Both rides at capacity and not accepting anymore guests for the rest of the night.

Are Fastpasses for Flight Of Passage like SUPER intense long? Or is it just like a 30 to an hour wait?? My booking window starts tomorrow at 7 so I want to know which one I should choose : FOP or NRJ

FP's lines are fine. 5-20 min wait per line.

Supposedly a manager within Pandora said that they put out 200 FP's per hour per ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter