AKL--location and transportation?

CindiR

Mouseketeer
Is AKL near anything?

What I mean is that when you think of Boardwalk and BCV, you know you can literally walk to the parks and or ride the free boats. At SS you are right at downtown Disney. Is AKL near anything or is it off by itself?

And is the only mode of transportation the bus? I really like riding the boats at Boardwalk and at Wilderness Lodge.

It's near Animal Kingdom, but unfortunately you can't walk there. Transportation is limited to bus or zebra.

It's near Animal Kingdom, oddly enough. Which is to say, it's off sort of by itself.

If you are relying on Disney transportation, then bus is the only option. No boats, no monorail...sorry.

If you're driving, I think it will be pretty convenient to drive to any park or DTD -- like OKW and SSR. You hear people complain about some resorts being "remote," but the truth is, if you have a car, it's usually easy to drive anywhere at WDW.

Transportation is limited to bus or zebra.
Yep...first you have to catch them. Then you have to get them to hold still so you can get on. And then you have to point them where you want to go. Once you get on and get them started in the right direction, they're faster than the monorail.

But then, you have to stop them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter