AKL / SSR / OKW - Direct Price Increase to $200pp

That's an interesting move that would be directed at selling RIV instead of all the ROFR they have been doing lately.

This is a weird wrinkle to the resale market. $184 VGF direct points pummeled the VGF market, but SSR and OKW might see a boost from this.
OKW is different with the two end dates, but id expect SSR average to move to the 150ish range in the next little bit. Its seemed to stay around 50 less per point than direct. Avg was 134 when it was 185, so maybe it'll move up a little.

Also depends on them increasing the base to turn around and do some solid incentives for larger contracts too I guess.

About time AKV went up been stuck on $186 for years but they really want to push you to an active sale resort, not so long since OKW/SSR were $155
Not really worth looking past RIV/VGF now

200 for 2054 or 2057 resort direct
207 for 2062/2064/2070 resort direct
It will be interesting to see if actives sales resorts go up compared to the sold out.

Oh id expect a bump in price for both vgf and riv to be in the pipeline as well. The current pricing on vgf is just for current members right? goes wide to everyone end of this month?

(granted it'll have incentives still to get it decently lower if buying 200+ points)

Oh id expect a bump in price for both vgf and riv to be in the pipeline as well. The current pricing on vgf is just for current members right? goes wide to everyone end of this month?

(granted it'll have incentives still to get it decently lower if buying 200+ points)

People have already reported that guides confirmed no price increase on VGF when March ends. DVD does not normally change the base price of active resorts more than once per year, so I don't expect us to see that $207 go up for either until early 2023...

I was just thinking of adding on 25 points at Saratoga. Would I be better to try to accomplish that today or wait for tomorrow?

I know no one knows, but your best guess! Thanks.

I was just thinking of adding on 25 points at Saratoga. Would I be better to try to accomplish that today or wait for tomorrow?

I know no one knows, but your best guess! Thanks.
Call your guide and get the paperwork drawn up today. You can always rescind tomorrow if you like the price better tomorrow. But hard to imagine good incentives for a small contract.

I bought SSR just last month and I thought in the back of my mind to do it now, because they seem to raise the prices so fast now

Sounds surprising, but at the same time, nothing surprises me in this world now!

Call your guide and get the paperwork drawn up today. You can always rescind tomorrow if you like the price better tomorrow. But hard to imagine good incentives for a small contract.

Brilliant. They do seem to have the correct use year points so will do what you suggested. I doubt there will be any incentives for 25 points anyways.

I'm happy about it, I bought SSR at 143 - was going to do 100 @ the VGF ended up doing 150
so I was thinking when DLT came out I may need to sell the SSR to help pay for it, current thought is 150 DLT
So if resale SSR goes up, I may at least break even

Really happy about our SSR resale purchases from last year, which we actually use for Aulani stays.

With inflation everywhere, including hotels, not surprising to see continued price increases.

It’s funny, I never thought I’d buy a timeshare. And while I didn’t buy DVC with an expectation of it going up in value, it sure has been amazing to see!

Now I just need to stop buying more points😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter