AKL / SSR / OKW - Direct Price Increase to $200pp

It's crazy to me that with as low as 100 pts that VGF/RIV are cheaper than SSR/AKV/OKW.

Price per point really shouldn't have much to do with the "caliber" of the resort. That's what the points chart is for.
Good point, but when looking at what to purchase sometimes the lower dollar figure will catch somebody's eye before seeing how far the points will go. I suspect had we been adding on now instead of last month we would have gone for 125 at RIV instead of SSR and would have just planned to stay at RIV every 2 years w/banked + current UY points.

Price per point really shouldn't have much to do with the "caliber" of the resort. That's what the points chart is for.
If you are buying where you are staying then Point charts matter, but buying a SAP contract can be better value.
I know this is direct pricing but here is a comparison when buying to stay at that resort only. If you used VGF to stay a week in OKW it would only be $1.1k.

Nah someone bought BLT for $100/point
That was during the time disney didn't take anything back. I wish I could have bought in then but it was too expensive for me then because the CDN dollar was horrid. I finally got the BLT I tried to get for around $140 for $160 this year but with 2 years of free points which I rented out. So after rental it worked out to $124 pp. If I had bought BLT back during the non buyback it would have cost me the equivalent of $125 pp. So I am very happy that it all worked out the way it did.

If you are buying where you are staying then Point charts matter, but buying a SAP contract can be better value.
I know this is direct pricing but here is a comparison when buying to stay at that resort only. If you used VGF to stay a week in OKW it would only be $1.1k.
View attachment 657046
By using straight-line "Direct Price Per Year," you're assigning equal weight to a week in a Studio when I'm 75 as a week in a Studio when I'm 35.

I couldn't care less what my points are worth beyond 2054 or so, so this model gives way to much preference to contract length. I care about contract length as it related to 2042 properties, but I'm not interested in subsidizing a higher direct price per year by spreading it over my geriatric decades.

@Ruttangel I'll also add that I think there's unique value in OKW as SAP from a convenience/logistical perspective.

For owners who use the strategy of "book home resort at 11 months and then change at 7 months," the whole transaction works a lot more seamlessly if you're switching from a cheaper resort to a more expensive one, rather than the other way around.

Pretend you have a 100 point contract and you want to stay for one week in a studio over the summer. You book at your home resort, VGF, which costs 132 points. To do this, you need to borrow 32 points from your next Use Year. When you hit your 7 month window, you decide you want to switch to Old Key West. But those dates are only 87 points. You can bank the 13 from the current Use Year, but those 32 points you borrowed for VGF can't be un-borrowed and now they're stranded, leaving you short for next year and scrambling to find a renter.

This question might already be answered here, but wondering how Disney is handling OKW 2042 points. Seems like all the directs will be 2057, which makes total sense. But are they buying back 2042 through ROFR and then somehow doing some legalese behind the scenes to update them to 2057 to sell?

By using straight-line "Direct Price Per Year," you're assigning equal weight to a week in a Studio when I'm 75 as a week in a Studio when I'm 35.

I couldn't care less what my points are worth beyond 2054 or so, so this model gives way to much preference to contract length. I care about contract length as it related to 2042 properties, but I'm not interested in subsidizing a higher direct price per year by spreading it over my geriatric decades.
I know it's imperfect information but it's useful to me as a comparator

This question might already be answered here, but wondering how Disney is handling OKW 2042 points. Seems like all the directs will be 2057, which makes total sense. But are they buying back 2042 through ROFR and then somehow doing some legalese behind the scenes to update them to 2057 to sell?
So DVC will own the OKW 2042 contracts from 2042-2057 anyway so they aren't adding years rather moving ownership from you and them to a new seller.

These people never factor in the time value of Disney World trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter