All Good Things Come To Those That Wait - A Pre-trip Report

Have a great time at Key West. I hope you find a great key lime pie.

I am sure we will have a great time. I need to do some research on the Key Lime Pie. In 2009, we had some amazing Key Lime Pie at the Blond Giraffe Key Lime Pie Factory and I just assumed we would go there again as it was nice and central and the pie was delicious. Unfortunately I have found out that they closed their operation in Key West and relocated to Tennessee. So it is back to the drawing board.

Corinna

I am sure we will have a great time. I need to do some research on the Key Lime Pie. In 2009, we had some amazing Key Lime Pie at the Blond Giraffe Key Lime Pie Factory and I just assumed we would go there again as it was nice and central and the pie was delicious. Unfortunately I have found out that they closed their operation in Key West and relocated to Tennessee. So it is back to the drawing board.

Corinna

That was the one we liked as well on our first trip, and wasn't there last year. My friend sent us to Kermit's. I will admit that our fav is the frozen chocolate dipped on a stick! But we did get some nice tea and honey as gifts.

I am pretty sure I have snorkeled there before and it was nice. Of course my experience is limited. But I enjoyed it.

That was the one we liked as well on our first trip, and wasn't there last year. My friend sent us to Kermit's. I will admit that our fav is the frozen chocolate dipped on a stick! But we did get some nice tea and honey as gifts.

Did you like Kermit's. I am hoping for the frozen chocolate dipped Key Lime Pie, too.

I am pretty sure I have snorkeled there before and it was nice. Of course my experience is limited. But I enjoyed it.

I would not really consider us as being very experienced either. We do enjoy it though and I am really looking forward to this excursion.

Corinna

Did you like Kermit's. I am hoping for the frozen chocolate dipped Key Lime Pie, too.

Corinna

Yes, I thought it was tasty. It comes prepackaged and they have a nice little courtyard with a few tables to sit and eat. They also had a guy dressed in the chef uniform (I'm guessing Kermit?) out front and some people were getting their pics taken with him.

Yes, I thought it was tasty. It comes prepackaged and they have a nice little courtyard with a few tables to sit and eat. They also had a guy dressed in the chef uniform (I'm guessing Kermit?) out front and some people were getting their pics taken with him.

Thanks. I had a quick look and it looks one of their locations would be just a very minor detour when we are heading from the Southernmost Point back to the ship so this is a real possibility.

Corinna

I was planning on posting this yesterday as this was the landmark day, but I hurt my back earlier in the week and was not very well. I am now on the mend and figure 48 days is even sweeter than 49 days so I decided to post this a day later.

Since yesterday, I am below the magical 50 day mark until we get on the Disney Wonder for our Panama Canal Cruise. It has now been 41 days since we booked this and the time between then and now has flown by so I am sure the remaining 48 days will as well. Actually, I am surprisingly organized this trip and for the most part, I just have to wait for people to work their magic and for things to arrive. I still have to get a couple of dresses and a couple of swim suits. I also still have to sort out a couple of gifts for my Secret Mickey. On the less fun side of the trip, I still need to update our ESTAs with the flights and the hotel where we are spending the first night and print off our assorted confirmations. I am hoping to get all of those things done before the end of the month. I also still have to add the magnetic tape to my magnets. I have laminated all the graphics and will add the magnets during the last week and then they can go straight in the suitcase.

In the meantime, I am playing the waiting game. I am hoping that my custom gowns will ship any day now. I can’t wait until I can see them and try them on. In the meantime, I finally got around to trying on a couple of ready-made dresses. One of those, I actually had since before our last trip, but never got around to trying it on.

Corinna

I totally love Key West .... we spent our honeymoon in the Keys and it holds a special place in my heart. We did 2 lovely trips on the schooner you have photographed. Definitely plan to return there one day, hopefully not to far away in the future. It all sounds like a great trip, we are not far behind you as we are joining the Magic in 63 days :yay::yay::yay:

I'm sorry you hurt your back. I hope you're back to 100% soon :)

47 days to vacation!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I totally love Key West .... we spent our honeymoon in the Keys and it holds a special place in my heart. We did 2 lovely trips on the schooner you have photographed. Definitely plan to return there one day, hopefully not to far away in the future. It all sounds like a great trip, we are not far behind you as we are joining the Magic in 63 days :yay::yay::yay:

I hope that I will bring back some nice memories from Key West this time. To give Key West credit the one and only time we visited, there was a lot of stuff going on in my life, which kind of overshadowed things. However, there was not much that took my interest either. Having said that, I am an absolute waterbaby so this excursion should help to change that.

I'm sorry you hurt your back. I hope you're back to 100% soon :)

47 days to vacation!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I am much better now. I have been painkiller free now for two days. There is still a bit of a dull ache, but I can cope with this.

Hope you feel better. :flower3:

Not long to go now. I'm sure the gowns will arrive soon.

No, not long now at all. I just have to learn to be patient.

Corinna

Those of you that have followed my previous trip reports know that I love nothing more than dressing up and playing princess. I always have at least one special gown made for each cruise and this cruise is not an exception.

On the Wonder they still have the Golden Mickeys and this show and the corresponding menu usually coincide with Formal night or in case of the longer cruises, the first Formal night. Minnie is wearing a gold gown and Mickey is wearing a gold tuxedo. So since our Mexican Riviera cruise in 2011, I have dressed to match them or at least tried to. While I was looking for a different style of dress, I saw this and fell in love with this. My dress will be gold to fit the theme with dark blue embroidery. I can’t wait until I hold this in my hand and can try it on

I normally love to wear tiaras on Formal night to complete the Princess outfit, but with this being Golden Mickeys night, I decided to get with the programme. I was looking for some gifts for a friend on the UK Disney Store website and came across these beautiful golden Minnie ears. As I was placing an order anyway, I decided to order them for myself to go with the dress.

The other two dresses will be a variation on the dress that I had made for our Holiday Cruise last year. This is my all time favourite dress. So I decided to get some more dresses in this style in different colours. Here is the prototype:

This is the dress I had made last year:

One of the dresses will be contrasting shades of lilac and the other will be contrasting shades of blue. Both of them will have silver embroidery. I have also asked to leave the train off those two dresses to save on weight and to prevent people keep stepping on it.

I am going to wear this tiara with the dress that I also got for the trip last year:

I also have a couple of dresses that I bought ready-made and that were a real bargain. I bought this dress originally for our December cruise last year, but then found a dress that was quite Christmassy and never even took this dress. I am planning to wear this for our dinner at Palo.

Traditionally on the longer cruises, the Prince and Princess Menu was served on the second Formal night and this is most certainly what I am hoping for. However, I have recently seen some Navigators from the Eastbound Panama Canal cruise last year and the Prince and Princess Menu was served on one of the cruise casual nights. I found this beautiful dress, which was also an absolute bargain:

If the Prince and Princess Menu is served on a cruise casual night, I will wear this dress that night. Otherwise I will still wear it one night and probably also for the Princess Gathering.

WOW! I can see why you're keen for the gowns to be shipped! Can't wait to see them on you. You do the dress-up so well.
Love the Golden Mickey ears. Will the red go with the blue embroidery? I guess we'll find out.

Love that tiara! And all the other dresses you've bought so far.

WOW! I can see why you're keen for the gowns to be shipped! Can't wait to see them on you. You do the dress-up so well.
Love the Golden Mickey ears. Will the red go with the blue embroidery? I guess we'll find out.

Love that tiara! And all the other dresses you've bought so far.

I am hoping that the red will go with the blue. That is the only thing that I don't really like about the ears as red is not really my colour. Still those colours are combined in many national flags so they must go together.

Lovely dresses! Hope they arrive soon!

Thanks.

Corinna

That is so wonderful about Key West and Graham finding that snorkelling excursion from a catamaran. We did this in the Bahamas and I am a big water phobe and I just adored it! And to think you have a coral reef!

I was non plussed about Nassau until I found Diamonds international and tanzanite now I am obsessed. I just adore this gem.

I am sorry about your back. Congrats on passing the 50 day mark!

As I was reading I was thinking please give us a sneak preview of your dresses...thank you! I so look forward to seeing them on you the prototypes are beautiful. I love those Mickey ears!

Do you ever watch Sondra Celli and the dresses she makes? Oh my ever considered flying to Boston and scoring one of those babies?

Those are all beautiful gowns. Cant wait to see the variation of color on the dress you already have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter