All New Atlantic Canada Thread....

I'm glad the idea of this thread is going over well! Is everyone enjoying the great warm weather we had today (at least here in the Annapolis Valley we are! :) )

I'm loving that the dollar is creeping up again. When we went in 2007 it had just hit par for the first time and we actually stopped to take a picture at the border of the 0% exchange rate. Of course when we went to Walmart in Calais that same day, DH asked out of curiosity what exchange rate they would give him on Canadian $ and the guy said 20% :scared1:. DH told him perhaps he should speak to the managers about that one......:rotfl2:

Hi. Nancy here! I live outside Truro. I have a daughter 23, a step-daughter 20 and a son who will be 13 :scared1: at the end of April. And yes Applemomma we are enjoying the beautiful weather up here too.

I'm glad the idea of this thread is going over well! Is everyone enjoying the great warm weather we had today (at least here in the Annapolis Valley we are! :) )

I'm loving that the dollar is creeping up again.

The weather is AWESOME in Antigonish too. Lovin' it. At home with my DD (6) for her March break. I took some vacation time just to hang out with her. Unfortunately, she's "practising" on her recorder she bought at the DollarStore.... :0

We're waiting to go to Crystal Palace on Friday for the night. We're picking up my nephew on the way who's the same age and they can ride the rides together....It's not Disney but hey, it's something. We're not getting another taste of Disney until NEXT may. I've never been to Crystal Palace but I'm astounded at the price per family package. Maybe I'll change my mind when I get there :idea:

Anyone else taken the kids to Crystal Palace and did you and they like it? :)

Me and my DW reside in East Hants, Nova Scotia. We had made a few trips to Disney World a number of years ago with family. Now both of our children have returned to Disney World on their own after leaving home.

Two years ago the the DW and I wanted to go somewhere different for a vacation and decide on Disney World, and fell in love with it all over again and will return again this April.:wizard:

Can't wait until the grandchildren are old enough to take :grouphug:

Hi, I'm Cathy from Edmundston, NB and I'm addicted to DISboards.

My DH, DS(9) and DD(5) have been on the Disney Cruise in 2008 and at CBR in 2009. I couldn't manage convincing my DH to go back this year - the funds are quite limited. But... I've just purchased 4 plane tickets from YUL to MCO for next year's March break!!! 258pp one way non-stop. Shhh, it's a secret! ;-) Last year we flew out of Bangor and I really enjoyed the small airport. The only disadvantage is that there isn't non stop flights and my DS doesn't travel well.

Thanks for the thread!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Kim and I live in Dartmouth with my DH and DD's who are 9 and 15. Our first trip to WDW was in 2008 and planned at the last minute. Of course, as soon as we got home we were planning our next trip. After hearing us talk about WDW so much, and how much fun we had, next month two of my sisters, their husbands and kids and my mother are coming with us! (13 in total).

To help pass the time this week we went to Crystal Palace. My youngest DD LOVES Crystal Palace:cheer2: ) We usually go to Crystal Palace on March Break and once or twice during the summer.

This is a great thread and it's so nice to meet everyone.:)

I've just purchased 4 plane tickets from YUL to MCO for next year's March break!!! 258pp one way non-stop. Shhh, it's a secret!

Hi Cathy, which airline is that with and where did you book? Awesome ticket deal. I don't blame you for making an executive decision on that one. hehe.... I need tickets for May 2011 (May07th sailing of the Magic) because my boss booked March break next year already so i couldn't... :( Is YUL Moncton?

Hi Canabrits2,

Yul is Montreal and the price is only one way. I have to wait until next week to purchase the one way back... if I decide not to stay forever... Hmmm. :rolleyes1

I really needed non stop - I'm not sure that they do that out of Moncton...

Good luck!

Hi! I'm Kim from St. John's and we're heading back to my happy place in 6 weeks. This is our first "Mom and Dad Only" trip. And we're excited (and feeling just a teensy bit guilty!) But we did have DS 11 and DD10 there in November for the MVMCP. We're trying CSR this time as it was recommended for an adults trip. Previous stays have been at POFQ and Pop, as well as offsite.

Okay....so the weather is horrible again (is there anything that is NOT in today's forcast? oh yah....sun) :scared1:

Time for us to get off page 2 and start thinking warm Florida thoughts again.....

Just rebooked our vacation to a split stay at AKL and WL!! :banana:

Okay....so the weather is horrible again (is there anything that is NOT in today's forcast? oh yah....sun) :scared1:

Time for us to get off page 2 and start thinking warm Florida thoughts again.....

Just rebooked our vacation to a split stay at AKL and WL!! :banana:

Isn't is awful?! Cold and wet all week. I can take cold and sunny or warm and wet but not cold and wet together. :(

The only thing keeping me happy are these forums and searching obsessively for DCL ship and port pics and AKL pics. Goodness knows by the time a year rolls around, I may sicken myself of it. Nah. :rolleyes:

I'm totally jealous that you booked AKL and WL and only have to wait 7 months!!

Hi - we live in Enfield, NS and I admit, I am Disney obsessed (Orlando obsessed).

DH and kids had never been (I had been once as a child) and so I finally convinced him to go in August 2008 for free dining. Booked bounceback deal and went back again in August 2009. Then added 5 nights at Royal Pacific Resort at Universal and did Universal, IOA, Sea World and Aquatica. Agreed before we came home that we would take a year off.

It is the longest year ever! :laughing: LOL - DH is a teacher, and I am an accountant, so it makes vacation timing choices difficult. Summer (the HEAT!), Christmas (need I say more) are really the only options because I can't take March break off.

Oh yes, and I like to spend my summer vacation at the beach in Pictou County.:rolleyes1

Dreaming has begun, and I need to come up with a plan for our return to the Wonderful World of Disney!:idea:

Hi - we live in Enfield, NS and I admit, I am Disney obsessed (Orlando obsessed).

DH and kids had never been (I had been once as a child) and so I finally convinced him to go in August 2008 for free dining. Booked bounceback deal and went back again in August 2009. Then added 5 nights at Royal Pacific Resort at Universal and did Universal, IOA, Sea World and Aquatica. Agreed before we came home that we would take a year off.

It is the longest year ever! :laughing: LOL - DH is a teacher, and I am an accountant, so it makes vacation timing choices difficult. Summer (the HEAT!), Christmas (need I say more) are really the only options because I can't take March break off.

Oh yes, and I like to spend my summer vacation at the beach in Pictou County.:rolleyes1

Dreaming has begun, and I need to come up with a plan for our return to the Wonderful World of Disney!:idea:

Funny, my cousin lives in Enfield and I have been trying to convince her to take her 3 boys (2 twins) to Disney for the last 5 years.

Where in Pictou to you vacation? As a kid I vacationed at a cottage on River John. Is that close? I have good memories of that time.

Hi Everyone,

How nice to have an Atlantic Cdn thread!

I am Mary, living in Dartmouth with DH of 36 yrs. We've raised 2 Disney-loving daughters and I'm working hard to pass along the obsession to our 3 grandchildren. We took our very first WDW trip in 1994, when our girls were 17 and 19. Since then, we've visited a number of times without family but our best trip was Nov 2008, when we we lucky enough to have a 10-day stay with four generations, ranging from 3 to 89 yrs of age.

We are now counting down the days until fall, when we return for 2 glorious weeks with our younger DD and her family. Till then, we are buying our lottery tickets in hopes that we might "persuade" older DH and family to come along, too!

Luv My E(ric) A(my) and R(yan) :love:

Funny, my cousin lives in Enfield and I have been trying to convince her to take her 3 boys (2 twins) to Disney for the last 5 years.

Where in Pictou to you vacation? As a kid I vacationed at a cottage on River John. Is that close? I have good memories of that time.

My kids and my husband could give her lots of convincing. I couldn't believe after taking 5 years to convince him to go, that HE wanted to book the bounceback offer before we even left! :cool1:

We used to rent cottages at MacKean's in Caribou River, so about 10-15 minutes from River John, heading to Pictou. MacKean's closed a few years ago, and that has impacted our ability to go to the Northumberland Shore. But we got a trailer last year, and so this year are going to camp at a campground for a couple of weeks on that shore, either Gulf Shores in Pugwash or Seafoam Campground. I'm really excited - there is nothing more relaxing than a beach vacation!

But for family fun - you can't beat Disney! :thumbsup2

OMG....what is this, ol' home week? hehehe

It's likely the Melmerby Beach (the Merb) or Caribbou Beach in Pictou County, not Pictou town itself....goodness knows. My family is all from Pictou County and my boyfriend is from Pictou and River John! I read your post to him.

I'm also trying convert my boyfriend to loving Disney. He refused to come with my daughter and I last year because he said Disney isn't for him (although he doesn't know because he hasn't been there yet). I think he thinks it's too kiddy. BUT he's agreed to come with us next year. We're starting him out with our DCL cruise in May 2011. I'm hoping to show him Disney quality and service and fun and then get him to WDW.

Since then, we've visited a number of times without family but our best trip was Nov 2008, when we we lucky enough to have a 10-day stay with four generations, ranging from 3 to 89 yrs of age.

That is SOOO wonderful! I wish we could have a family reunion there but honestly, most of my extended family goes to Cuba for those awful all-inclusive beach vacations (which I hate)....the rest of my extended family doesn't even vacation ever (unless it's a short B&B break somewhere).

MacKean's closed a few years ago, and that has impacted our ability to go to the Northumberland Shore. But we got a trailer last year, and so this year are going to camp at a campground for a couple of weeks on that shore, either Gulf Shores in Pugwash or Seafoam Campground.

Seafoam is nice and scenic on the Sunrise Trail past Tony River about 5 minutes. Really pretty. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter