All Stars,PORiverside or Courtyard In Sept.

mickeys friend

DIS Veteran
I would like to hear from anyone who has used the special at the Courtyard by Marriott in Downtown Disney (20.02) and let me know how you liked it and the room and bus service,ect.Also who has stayed at the All Stars in mid-late Sept ?How about the PORiverside? Which would you choose for Sept. always using a code or special?No small children,2 adults and 2 teenagers.Usually stay on the monorail,but have also stayed at 2 other Downtown Resorts and their only problem seem to be the bus service,but that was several years ago.This year hotel budget is tight and I know that none of these resorts are like staying on the monorail,but I know that they are still nice resorts,so sometimes you just have to do the best you can for your dollar,(only was able to stay on the monorail because of AP rate or codes,etc)but not this trip.Staying at one of these other resorts doesn't bother me in the least as long as I get to go to WDW.Please e-mail me at mickeys_friend@hotmail.com Thanks,Melody

The only of those three that you mentioned that I have stayed at is the Courtyard in DTD.

I can tell you that it is a WONDERFUL hotel! Just make sure to get a room in the tower if you decide to stay there. My only TRUE problem with them was the fact that I had to walk a HUGE distance to get to my room which was in the rear wing, ALL the way at the end of the hall. After a long day of park touring, it was VERY painful to walk all the way back to the room.

The bussing service was WONDERFUL. I don't know if you're looking to go to the water parks, because I don't believe they have busses for them. I think you have to take the Magic Kingdom bus, and use Disney Transportation from the TTC to the water parks. That, I believe, would be the only draw back. You are within walking distance to Downtown Disney. It was GREAT at night to be able to head over, and sit at the Bongos express patio and just sip a nice beverage and people-watch. The DTD resort busses are also FAR more comfortable than the Disney Transportation busses. (Unless they've changed them.) They're great coach busses with comfy seats.

Hope that helps somewhat!

Hi, we have stayed in PO riverside in Sept 2000. It was great, nice pools good food court and our room was fine. We will be going back this Sept as well and our staying there again.

We are addicted to PO Riverside! We always go in September and find that this resort has everything we like. I cant recommend this resort enough, it really is a beautiful resort and you cant beat the price. We paid $89.00 (plus tax) a night using a discount code.

I second that the Courtyard is a great place to stay. We stayed there last month. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. I can't speak for the busses since we had a car. I have stayed at the Moderates and while the Courtyard can't beat the feel of a Disney resort my room was the top floor corner with a view of all the fireworks and when we went the room was only $69.

We have only stayed at PO-R and LOVED it! We are, however, staying at the Courtyard for that special this August. We aren't really going to the parks, though, so I won't have transporation info for you. We are going down to house hunt, and thought that that price was great for that purpose.

We have only visited the AS, and weren't overly impressed, but I tend to like quieter atmospheres.

I have stayed at the Courtyard, AsMo and CBR (another moderate like POR).

If you can get the Courtyard for 20.02 take it now!!!!!!!!!!!
That is an amazing rate!!!!!
I had the $25 rate last November and for three nights my total was 83.24!

We requested a tower room on a high floor, over looking DD and got it!!!

The good:
LARGE room!!! Very spacious with lots of amenities:
sink inside and outside the bathroom, closet, safe, iron, board, hairdryer, coffeemaker with free coffee, etc.
nice balcony-saw fireworks nightly

The lobby is an atrium with glass elevator. They have a sit-down restaurant, a lounge, snack bar, disney store, guest relations desk, rental car desk. They have a breakfast buffet (6.95, I think) in the atrium.
they also had laundry and arcade
pools- two large, 1 kiddie, hot tub, and playground

buses- didn't use, we had our car. Very close to all parks!tthe ro

the bad:the room was plainly decorated. DH was videotaping and I didn't want him to get the room. More of a business traveler look.
For the price, space, and amenities I would do the courtyard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter