Alli and Cole's 08/13/2015 SBP Escape w/ F! DP - Updated 09/29 Professional Photos Up!!!

You have all the best gifts! I have to ask, where did you guys get the personalized travel kits?

Also, fingers crossed that your veil comes in in time!

You have all the best gifts! I have to ask, where did you guys get the personalized travel kits?

Also, fingers crossed that your veil comes in in time!

All the leather goods (travel kits, passport holder, luggage tags, wallet) are all from the same Etsy seller Felix Street Studio. I will warn you their stuff is expensive but absolutely gorgeous and amazing!

AWWWWW feel better Sam! Nothing sucks more then feeling like crap, especially not being able to hold your baby when you want & how you want.

Looks like things are falling into place. Holy cow I hope your veil comes in like now! Nothing more frustrating. Did they even tell you why it's taking so long??

You're like an Etsy fanatic. But I can understand. I could spend a fortune on that website. I'm still waiting for my hanger to come in.

And FYI, thank you on the memorial charm recommendation. I love mine! I can't wait to use it!

You guys it's a miracle!!! I think (THINK!) my future in-laws finally booked their airfare!!! Yes you read that right less than 30 days until we leave and my in-laws did not have airfare but Cole's mom told me Wednesday they had their flights selected she just had to "double check them" before she booked. I still have no veil and I'm trying to find a notary public to get our marriage license notarized and sent back to Brevard County... Wish me luck!

ETA - booked an appointment with a notary next Thursday as it's our next day off together and this place is cheap and easy to book with but at the far end of the city from our house.

Last edited:
You guys it's a miracle!!! I think (THINK!) my future in-laws finally booked their airfare!!! Yes you read that right less than 30 days until we leave and my in-laws did not have airfare but Cole's mom told me Wednesday they had their flights selected she just had to "double check them" before she booked. I still have no veil and I'm trying to find a notary public to get our marriage license notarized and sent back to Brevard County... Wish me luck!

ETA - booked an appointment with a notary next Thursday as it's our next day off together and this place is cheap and easy to book with but at the far end of the city from our house.

Less than 30 days and they had no airfare - AND coming basically cross country?! :scared1: You are made of stronger stuff than I, I would have imploded weeks ago!

Pixie dust and fingers crossed with the veil - glad to see your notary edit!

Less than 30 days and they had no airfare - AND coming basically cross country?! :scared1: You are made of stronger stuff than I, I would have imploded weeks ago!

Pixie dust and fingers crossed with the veil - glad to see your notary edit!

It's basically across two countries as we have to get from the west side of canada across to the east side of the U.S. then down all the way south. And honestly I'm not 100% sure they're booked them yet. She sure hasn't emailed me their flight info... Which I need since they want to take ME and since they're staying on my DVC membership I need to book it for them.

Happy one month!!! And YAYYYYY for your veil! It's all coming together now :)

My in laws have all their flights booked (FINALLY!) I booked the DME for those who are taking it and Cole booked a town car for the late arrivers who decided that would be faster.

I'm currently freaking out because my balance is due but My planner's on vacation and no one will tell me how to actually PAY my balance. They'll tell me how much my balance is but despite my specific question no one told me how to pay the balance. Plus my mom is flying home today so she's sitting in the airport which makes it hard to pay the balance... But since despite me waking up early and asking I never got a response when I asked again HOW to pay I guess I'll deal with it with Karen tomorrow (though I'll be two days late by that point!!!) This is the first time that the time difference plus my working nights has had a big impact on my wedding planning... Right at the worst possible moment!

I have my phone consultation with my planner on Friday morning then hopefully Sam and I will hang out and work on my timeline/schedule/handouts for the wedding - while watching Arthur be completely adorable!

Can you email your planner's assistant regarding payment? Every time we made a payment, I just emailed the assistant (copied the planner) and told her to put X amount on our credit card on file. I'm sure the assistant would be able to help you out.

Can you email your planner's assistant regarding payment? Every time we made a payment, I just emailed the assistant (copied the planner) and told her to put X amount on our credit card on file. I'm sure the assistant would be able to help you out.

I've never heard from my planner's assistant so I don't even know who it is. And part of the problem is that the card on file is mine but it doesn't have the balance to cover the payment plus my parents are paying so it's easier to go to their card directly. Ahh. Oh well it's after close of business today so I'll just make sure I stay up after work and call my planner as soon as the offices open in the morning.

My final payment didn't get to DFTW until after 30 days (my parents mailed a check ON 30 days, so it didn't get down to FL until a few days later, like 27 days). Don't worry, they won't cancel your wedding or anything like that :) It'll be ok!!

My final payment didn't get to DFTW until after 30 days (my parents mailed a check ON 30 days, so it didn't get down to FL until a few days later, like 27 days). Don't worry, they won't cancel your wedding or anything like that :) It'll be ok!!

Thank you! That makes me feel better. The deadline snuck up on me. By the time I realized I didn't know how to pay it it was Friday night and my planner's on vacation and the general email inquiry was closed for the weekend and didn't get back to me Monday.

I had my phone consultation with my planner today. We were able to finally get all my payment issues figured out Thursday so today we just went over my timeline and hammered out a few last minute details. I should have my final BEO Monday then I'll read it send it back and we should be all set. Yesterday we got our marriage license notarized and mailed off to Brevard County so that should be finalized soon too. I also made the final payment to Rev. Kevin Knox so everything is just about taken care of... Which is good because the three weeks until I leave are going to be crazy busy!

Sam and I went out and bought the card stock to make my timelines we're giving out the night before the wedding and had fun playing around at Micheals. All their card stock was on sale as was their thin ribbon so between that and a coupon for 40% off one regular price time I spent $12 on two packets of 50 sheets of card stock (I couldn't pick a single set of colours) one spool of thin navy ribbon and some hot pink mini ribbon flowers with seed pearls (that to me look like the flowers Ariel is playing with during the Under the Sea scene) so that was good. Then we headed to the salon for my fitting. We were running early but so were they so I went right in. My nephew Arthur was in charge of guarding my purse while Sam was learning how to tie my corset.
image.jpg
Speaking of my corset it was the debut of my new navy blue laces!!!
image.jpg
I LOVE them!
image.jpg
Then Sam learned how to tie my bustle and after months of waiting I finally got to see my veil.
image.jpg
Please excuse my flyaway hair... Since I had to be near the bridal salon once again there was some extreme weather, today it was super cold and rainy.
image.jpg
Then Sam and I went home and ordered a pizza and hung out while I set up shuttles to take us over to Universal the day after the wedding. Of course the pizza showed up while I was still on the phone and Arthur didn't want to be held so minor confusion ensued and the poor pizza guy ended up offering to carry the pizza through to the kitchen because Arthur was doing his best to get his mom to drop him on his head... But we got it all sorted out and the pizza made it through without having to be carried in by the delivery guy and Arthur didn't end up on his head so success! Then we hung out and watched some Netflix and I played with (tortured?) Arthur.
image.jpg
Tomorrow I have my phone consultation with Regina and I'm picking up an extra shift at work. I get one more night off then back to work for my four night shifts. My first day off unfortunately I'm going to miss Sam's first fitting for her dress but it's for a good reason - I applied for a new job and got selected to do their aptitude testing(!) but I could only do it Friday. Then I have a massage booked the next day because with all the stress of getting ready for the wedding my back has been in knots! Then either Sunday or Monday Sam and I will print out my timelines for the guests and make up cards for wine pairings. Then I'm back to work for five more overnights have three days to pack and then I work one last overnight shift on Wednesday the 5th then I have 24 hours to get everything finished because our flight leaves at 6:45am Friday morning. I might keel over before this trip even starts! How did you ladies de-stress before the wedding? Or how do you plan to? I could use the tips!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I loooooove your veil, it's so delicate and perfect. Your whole ensemble is just stunning, it's going to be so lovely in less than a month!!

Date nights are the best destresser, even just picking a movie on the couch with some adult beverages and no wedding talk allowed. It just so happened that our dateaversary fell within a month of the wedding day, and going out to celebrate that was just such a wonderful reminder of why we were doing all the crazy wedding madness :) Date nights will save you!

I loooooove your veil, it's so delicate and perfect. Your whole ensemble is just stunning, it's going to be so lovely in less than a month!!

Date nights are the best destresser, even just picking a movie on the couch with some adult beverages and no wedding talk allowed. It just so happened that our dateaversary fell within a month of the wedding day, and going out to celebrate that was just such a wonderful reminder of why we were doing all the crazy wedding madness :) Date nights will save you!

I love your date night idea... Unfortunately between now and when we leave for Florida (In 17 days!!!!) we don't have a single day off together. We went and saw Ant-Man last Thursday but that was after running a bunch of wedding errands - so it still felt like a wedding related day. Since we both work nights/evenings we don't even have an evening together :( Good thing we get to be in Orlando for almost a week before the wedding!

Anyway a few updates...

After the phone consultation with my planner she said she'd have my new BEO out to me by Monday (unfortunately I'm still waiting for it) I sent her a reminder Monday that Regina (and Gary) would be with us at our DP and asked about a floral refresh for my bouquet before out HS shoot since it's 4 days after the wedding I think I'll need it. When Karen sent me the price for the refresh ($125 well spent I think) she said that the photography manager had said that since I'd have outside photography at the DP I couldn't have DFAP there too... Plus I need to pay for event guides for them. It's a little frustrating that all this came up three weeks before my event when she's been aware of my plans to have outside photography at the DP since the beginning but oh well. So while I know that I cut a bunch from my BEO - since originally I was charged for 20 guests when I only have 14 (and one's a 5 year old) - I keep having to add stuff too. (Update while I was typing this I got my update BEO - will have to review that asap)

I had my phone consultation with Regina too and spilled the beans about my surprise ToT mix-in which got Regina super excited. She promised me a timeline early this week too so I can't wait to see what that looks like.

I also emailed LeJeune (as directed) to see if there was any way they could squeeze me in for a trial but that still looks like a no-go. It's a little frustrating to be told that they picked up extra appointments in a time that they told me months ago they could even fit my trial in... I'm really starting to wish I'd gone with Beaute for all of my appointments instead of just for my in-park shoots but oh well, there's nothing I can do about it now. I have to send them some pics of my inspiration for my hair and makeup and "Also please send photo of yourself" as Randy put it in a second email containing only that line - I had a just promised to send pics of me and my hair in my request email as I stated that my hair is VERY long.

Well I'm off to send some pics to HAMU and to read my BEO so that's all for now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter