Alllrighty--Bring on your Disney Wedding ideas!!!!!

grover

DIS Veteran
I am in the process of compiling a (huge) binder of all my wedding ideas!!!
We plan on getting married in Orlando next year 2004-we had originally thought Nov but on Sunday Dale thought that Oct would be better (just fine with me-one less month to wait!!).
We have't decided yet if we are getting married onsite at the Swan or offsite at the Little Wedding Chapel in Kissimmee.
I am looking for ideas for everything!! What to do,where to eat,decorations,favors,activities!
So far I am leaning towards a wedding dinner at Palio (the swan) or Citrico's (GF),not a big fan of the Cali menu. Then off to PI for the adults.
I was thinking of hosting a mini-golf evening at Fantasia Gardens one night and a pizza/beer by the pool another evening.
For favors I would love to get those little glass ornaments/figurines that they make in the shop in Germany-has anyone else here seen them-they are sooo pretty-I remember them being pretty reasonable but can't recall the exact cost-can anyone help me out here?
I still need many more ideas!!
So if you could have your dream wedding what would it include? Grover in Winnipeg
(who now needs to adjust her trip countdown!!)

I don't have any ideas for you but just wanted to say Congratulations and Happy Planning :) ...how exciting.

Grover, my cousin was married 2 years ago at Disney's Wedding Pavillion (it was a dream wedding!) and then off to The Grand Floridian and out onto the terrace for cake cutting, first dance and toasts and then off to Palio's for dinner which was a great dinner and a really nice time as the strolling musicians stopped by for a few requests and we even had a sing-a-long!:) I've never ate and drank soooo much!

After dinner we boarded the boat for the Illuminations cruise which was a fantastic ending to their "Cinderella" wedding!;)

Whatever you decide I'm sure it will be just as magic!;) :)

Congratulations and good luck with your planning!:sunny:

I love your ideas so far, grover! If it was me, I'd get married at the Swan, especially if your dinner is there or on Disney property ~ less travelling involved.

Congratulations and have fun with your planning! :)

I agree with Julie, Swan it is. Keep everything local. More time to enjoy!

All the best.

Scratch
:smooth:

Congradulations. I don't have any ideas, but I think whatever you decide on will be wonderful because you couldn't have picked a better spot to get married.

Grover just saw on the weddings board where they have a headband with ears and veil! Totally Adorable!

Scratch

Sammi, Was dinner at Palio really nice??? I have never been there so I am going totally on other people's opinions!! Did you order off the menu or did they have a special meal for the wedding? Your cousin must have been just tickled pink to be married at the pavillion! That is so nice!

Scratch-I saw the ears you were talking about-I love them! I like that they are a headband! My future husband is up for doing the bride/groom ears--I am sooo lucky! He also said sure to special tshirts and the bride / groom pins!

Grover in Winnipeg

You do know about the other board on here right? Disney Honeymoons & Weddings. I can't believe how many times someone on here has pointed out to me OTHER great boards on the DIS I hadn't noticed.

Deb's www.wdwig.com also has info. And here's 1 link:
http://wdwig.com/ddol_110101.htm
This has other sites mentioned too.

Keep us up to date on the plans! I'm secretly hoping 1 of my DD's decides to do this! Not for a long while mind you.

I don't know what it's like in October, but it was beautiful in Dec/Jan. Such a beautiful sight with Minnie & Micky topiary, the castle in the background. I'm sure some lovely Bridal photos could occur there. Even if their just impromptu ones days later with your Mickey & Minnie bridal headbands.

I've read lots of times on the boards about people getting special notice, treatment, etc. when they were wearing these bridal ears while in the parks.

Grover we just ordered right from the menu and got whatever we wanted that sounded good. Actually everything we had was delicious although I really couldn't tell you the name of half the stuff that we ate.;) The service was also fantastic. They had all sorts of really nice staff serving and everything was so well done.

I've never drank so much champagne over the course of the day as we did then!:p

It was so nice as strolling musicians came around to our table and asked us if we would like them to play any special requests and we actually had a really nice sing-a-long.:)

It really was a very special day that I'll never forget.:D

I hope your day is just as special, whatever you decide to do.:sunny:

Well we have decided on Oct 11,2004...most likely have the wedding at the Cresent Terrace at The Swan with dinner at Palio and perhaps a illuminations cruise afterwards...ohhhh I can't wait!!
Grover in Winnipeg
:)

October 11, 2004! I'll write it in my calendar! :)
(We all are getting invited, aren't we, Grover? ;) )

Make sure you take lots of pictures for us to see!

Wishing you a "Magical" Day!

Scratch

Sammi, You wouldn't happen to have any pics of the dinner table at Palio's would you that you could post?? I have seen some pics but the view was limited!
Grover in Winnipeg
:cool:

No sorry grover but all I have of the dinner is on video and even the other wedding pics (which I would love to post) were taken on a regular camera of which I have no scanner.:( I now have a digital camera but it's too darn late! lol

The area where we were seated was like a smaller room with 13 of us on one end and then another table with about 8 people at the other end. It was really nice.:)

I would highly recommend the Illuminations Cruise too as it was so romantic and a very magical way to end such a wonderful day. BUT be forewarned that we had a heck of time getting the ressie. My cousins were calling at 6 am US time from Scotland while I was calling from here at 6am and got nothing!!! I was so lucky though as there was a DIS'er here (can't remember who he was as he doesn't post anymore) which at the last minute (like about 2 days before we flew to Orlando):eek: that told me that he would give us his ressie for that night as his wife had mistakingly told them the wrong date! So we just got by. Also what really upset us was that my cousin planned all of this wedding with the help of Disney's wedding planner and she had no "connections" with getting us this ressie even with all the costs involved!!:( I really was upset over this as they should have been able to get the date for the couple seeing they paid a small fortune (or should I say a large fortune!!):p for their wedding.

But if you can grab a date for the Illuminations cruise do so as it is such a fitting way to end your wedding day.:) Good luck in whatever you decide to plan! I know it will be magical too!:)

Hi Grover,
My daughter was married at WDW on October 8, 2001 - 45 close friends and family were there to celebrate the magical day. The ceremony was at the wedding pavilion, and we had the cocktail hour and reception outside at the Grand Floridian (Summer House). Afterwards we were taken over to Italy's Isola to watch Illuminations and partake in desserts and cocktails. Needless to say, everyone had a wonderful time. My daughter wanted something a bit different as wedding favours for her guests, so we booked a caricature artist who took time during the reception to "draw" everyone. It was a smashing success and very unique. In fact, rather than have a guest book for everyone to sign, the bride and groom had their caricature done togehter and asked all the guests to sign it as a keepsake. It now has a special place hanging in their family room. The night before the wedding, we invited all the guests to a dinner at Typhoon Lagoon. We had the park to ourselves from 7pm - 10pm. We had a calypso band and lots and lots of food (including the famous Mickey Ice Cream bars). The wave pool was open the entire time and the shark tank was open for one hour.
Our friends/family still talk about the wedding whenever we get together. The phrase most commonly used is "awesome".
Hope I was able to give you some ideas...
By the way, congratulations and have fun planning!
If you have any questions, just ask away....
Gail :wave:

I'd definitely do the Illuminations cruise Grover. We've done it before and you feel really special and pampered sitting there in your own boat watching the show.

The guests were right Gail...that wedding sounds absolutely awesome. DD says she wants to get married at WDW (she loves the wedding pavillion) but seeing as though she's only 15...I'll just keep all of these ideas in mind for now ;). Thanks for posting Gail & continued "happy planning" Grover :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter