Amanda & Danny’s DFTW: 8/5/2010 - WP, Narcoosee's, SCP - It's official!!!

Ok, so I was planning on doing the Running of the Brides in DC at the end of the month, but dummy me didn't see that it is on a Friday instead of Saturday. So that's out.

I went shopping for bridal gowns last Saturday in a new bridal shop close to my mom's. This shop carried Maggie Sottero's and Essense of Australia gowns (among a few other brands) and there were a few of those gowns that I really wanted to try on.

Well, I didn't end up trying on any of the gowns I wanted to. I really wanted to try on this one:
3676980194_08e44c5f14.jpg

but they didn't have it in stock to try on.

I also liked the Capri Marie and the Brittanya from Maggie Sottero, but I didn't try them on either. I really liked the look of the pick-ups and wanted to see how they looked on me.

So once I'm in the shop, the assistant asked me what kind of dresses I was interested in. I told her that I liked the pick-ups, but I wanted a dress that was very princessy, but not too heavy, since the wedding is in August. Once I mentioned that I was getting married at Disney, she got so excited and just started picking out dresses for me. She's a DVC owner and stays at the Grand Floridian all the time. She was really great in picking gowns for me. She picked gowns I would NEVER have chosen and I really liked a few.

So, without further ado, here's the pics of some dresses I tried on. I really don't know the names of any of them, except for one. And sorry about the quality of the pics. My sister was taking pics, but her camera died before I tried on the last 2.

First dress:
3676926690_6ff6fbfb34.jpg

3676148617_857a5271a5.jpg

3676113715_72a5a88f5f.jpg

I LOVED how this dress sucked me in! It made me look like I had a chest!

With the matching veil:
3676927786_3321018a6f.jpg

Moving on:
3676223693_9128a8dbc3.jpg

3676935450_953d04e30c.jpg

3676122909_205aa23bed.jpg

3676122077_572ca04c09.jpg

I HATED this dress on the hanger! But once I put it on, I really liked it, except for the asymetrical pick-up in the front. So, another no.

I really thought it was funny how much the sizes varied. I usually wear a 12 or 14. These previous dresses were sizes 12, 10. Then they tried to squeeze me in the size 8... literally! And it was painful!

3676936892_33b24a4185.jpg

That was the assistants trying to zip up the zipper the whole way. And after they did, this is what it looked like...

3676123631_888d63379b.jpg

My "back clevage", as my sister calls it!

More dresses to come!!

A few more definite no's:

3676139159_b7fbcb8e3e.jpg

3676953038_5752606fe4.jpg

3676952874_4e8b9618d9.jpg

3676138679_900a9318aa.jpg

That one made my butt look HUGE!

3676948612_d5fd9c0542.jpg

3676134121_a982899bfe.jpg

3676133711_cc3f1c190e.jpg

3676945020_4e0ce24c18.jpg

Ok, so now onto the big contenders:

The first was the Mona Lisa, by Maggie Sottero. The saleswoman said this is their most popular dress.

3676943962_5b2c3506a0.jpg

3676944406_d663024723.jpg

I'm considering it...
3676943294_8a43d2fa8c.jpg

This next one, I only have very poor pictures. My sister's camera died and I didn't bring mine, so at this point it was cell phone pics. Now I have no idea who designed this next one, but it was EVERYONE'S favorite. My sister was practically trying to talk me into buying it!

3676259999_2fe224bfb1_o.jpg

3676259967_5a764539f1_o.jpg

3676259989_3786a0229b_o.jpg

This dress was very princessy, and was what I thought I was looking for. It was very light, which surprised me! Some of those other dresses with the pick-ups were VERY heavy! But in the end, I decided this one might look too dated one day.

My mom found a dress with pink accents on it... so of course I had to try it on!!

3676259839_6bce3b4d33.jpg

3676259843_7d5fa0f9e9_o.jpg

I liked this one, but it was a halter, which wasn't what I was looking for. It could have been altered to be a strapless, but it would have taken a LOT of alterations. So another no.

So the last dress I tried on was one that I had previously tried on. I REALLY liked it, which surprised everyone in my family that was there. It's a Private Label by G Exclusive. I've looked everywhere and can't find a picture of it online. The saleswoman at the shop called me yesterday and told me that there are no pictures online, because this dress is an "exclusive" design, and there are very limited sample dresses to try on. But here it is!!

;)

Just read through everything, and I love it all so far!! :thumbsup2 Your engagement story is so sweet. You tried on so many beautiful dresses, but I think the one you got is perfect for you! Veeery princessy! princess: Absolutely perfect! Looking forward to reading more!

That last dress is absolutely gorgeous on you... I love it. :love:
Thank you! I absolutely love it and can't wait to wear it!

You look beautiful in all of the dresses!!!
Thank you so much!!

Just read through everything, and I love it all so far!! :thumbsup2 Your engagement story is so sweet. You tried on so many beautiful dresses, but I think the one you got is perfect for you! Veeery princessy! princess: Absolutely perfect! Looking forward to reading more!
Thank you! Time really flew when I was trying all the dresses on! I was there for over 4 hours!!!

Ohh I really like the first dress in the second set of pictures!! Beatiful!!
Thanks! I liked it too, but it was actually quite heavy!

I got my date!!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

August 5, 2010!!! 10am ceremony at the WP with the reception to follow at Narcoosee's!!!

And SCP is put on hold in our name and we can confirm that at 8 months out!

I'm so excited! Let the real planning begin!

Congrats on getting your date!:woohoo: I have been lurking on the boards for a while and will be hearing back about my date for august 2010 next week...also wanted to say that the dresses are beautiful!

Good on you for getting your date! How exciting! :thumbsup2

I love your dress, it's beautiful. I really like the one that you said you didn't like because it had the asymetrical front too. Do you know what it's called?

I'm so happy for you Amanda!! We are hoping for 6 days after you, so I hope we're lucky too!

I love the dress that you like, the bodice is gorgeous :)

Amanda, I love that last dress you tried on (the one right before you posted the bridesmaid dress). It looks so beautiful on you! :banana::banana:YAY for getting your date!:banana::banana: It's so exciting isn't it?

Congrats and you looked lovely in the dresses that you tried on.
Thank you!

Congrats on getting your date!:woohoo: I have been lurking on the boards for a while and will be hearing back about my date for august 2010 next week...also wanted to say that the dresses are beautiful!
Thank you! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your date too!

Congrats!! So exciting! Now you're officially approximately a year away! :banana:
Thanks! It's all finally starting to feel real now!

Congrats! I can't wait to see how you like Narcoossee's!
Thanks! Your reception there was beautiful!

Good on you for getting your date! How exciting! :thumbsup2

I love your dress, it's beautiful. I really like the one that you said you didn't like because it had the asymetrical front too. Do you know what it's called?
Thank you! I'm wasn't 100% sure, so I went back and looked at some of the designers that particular bridal shop offered. I found a Sottero & Midgely (JSM1238) that looks similar (it might actually be it). Here's the link: http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?line=s&pageSize=96&style=JSM1238. It was a beautiful dress! Hope this helps you out!

I'm so happy for you Amanda!! We are hoping for 6 days after you, so I hope we're lucky too!

I love the dress that you like, the bodice is gorgeous :)
Thanks Hayley!! I hope you get your date!!!

Amanda, I love that last dress you tried on (the one right before you posted the bridesmaid dress). It looks so beautiful on you! :banana::banana:YAY for getting your date!:banana::banana: It's so exciting isn't it?
Thank you! I know, I've had the worst week this week, but getting my date (among some other good things happening) has made everything so much better!!

Well the contract is all signed, deposit has been paid, and today I got a call from Meri saying that she will be my planner!! :cool1:

Now I just need to wait for our website to come up so I can call and book the GF on our room block!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter