Amanda & Danny’s DFTW: 8/5/2010 - WP, Narcoosee's, SCP - It's official!!!

Ok, so I am TOTALLY a pink lady. (My bedroom back home at my mom’s is two shades of pink and I absolutely won’t let her repaint it!) :rotfl:I’ve wanted a pink wedding for as long as I can remember. DF is absolutely fine with pink; his only request is that he doesn’t want to wear a tux. No problem, I thought the idea of a khaki suit with a pink tie looked great. He does too, and I was so happy because it was the first wedding decision we had made together (besides deciding to get married at WDW). So our original colors were pink and khaki.

Except now we’ve decided on an evening wedding & reception, and I don’t think a khaki suit will be formal enough for an evening wedding. DF agrees, so I think that my original color scheme is out. So now I think I like pink and chocolate, but I have no idea what DF would wear. I hate to try and convince him to wear a tux, just because I know he doesn’t want to. Also, he thinks that renting a tux is overpriced and pointless. He had to do this for my sister’s wedding and was shocked at a rental price of almost $200 (he’s totally clueless on this whole wedding/price thing). He wants to buy a suit for the wedding that he’ll be able to wear again (I kinda agree on that aspect, although I don’t think I’ll ever be wearing my wedding dress again).

Yesterday DF brought up the idea of using charcoal gray with pink. He wants the guys to wear a charcoal gray suit and pink tie (but he wants a darker pink). Not sure if I like the idea, I’ve been trying to find some inspiration pics, but haven’t been very successful. I thought about light pink and navy blue, but DF thinks that looks too "Yacht club" for his taste.

And to add to the frustration, my older sister who will be a bridesmaid refuses to wear pink. She’s never been a pink person (even though I think she looks good in pink!), and I want her to be comfortable, so I’ve been trying to think of a coordinating color she could wear as a bridesmaid…

Oh… my head hurts. :confused3 I think I’ll go to a craft store tomorrow and try to find something “inspiring.”

I have got to stop reading your PJ :laughing:

My colours are likely going to be chocolate brown, champagne/gold and pink :thumbsup2 I am totally a pink girl too :) I think DF would be wearing a black tux though.

We should just have our weddings on the same day and share the decor :rotfl:

I have got to stop reading your PJ :laughing:

My colours are likely going to be chocolate brown, champagne/gold and pink :thumbsup2 I am totally a pink girl too :) I think DF would be wearing a black tux though.

We should just have our weddings on the same day and share the decor :rotfl:

:lmao: Hayley I just found your PJ and didn't realize it was you! That's so funny we want almost the exact same wedding exactly one week apart!

Just checking in and catching up.... looking forward to hearing more of your plans..we are looking at same venues and same photographer too! :goodvibes

Hi everyone. I just wanted to post a quick update with my wedding obsession, oops, I mean planning. I haven’t settled on any color compliment to pink yet, but I definitely know I’m keeping the pink. It just wouldn’t seem like my wedding if it weren’t a pink wedding.

On Saturday I was watching the movie Steel Magnolias (which I absolutely LOVE). I have to quote one of my favorite parts of the movie, where Julia Roberts is discussing her wedding with the rest of the ladies:

“What are your colors Shelby?”
“Blush and Bashful”
“Her colors are pink and pink”
“My colors are blush and bashful...I have chosen two shades of pink, one is much deeper than the other”
“That sanctuary looks like it's been hosed down with Pepto Bismol”

:rotfl:

I asked DF if he thought anyone would take me seriously if I said I wanted my wedding colors to be “Blush and Bashful.” He just laughed and reiterated “it’s pink and pink.” :laughing:

So, pink it is. I’ve been working on an inspiration board using Paint (I’m graphically challenged when it comes to Photoshop), which I’ll post this evening after work.

On Saturday I was watching the movie Steel Magnolias (which I absolutely LOVE). I have to quote one of my favorite parts of the movie, where Julia Roberts is discussing her wedding with the rest of the ladies:

“Blush and Bashful”
“My colors are blush and bashful...I have chosen two shades of pink, one is much deeper than the other”

:laughing: I know every word to that movie!!! and that is my favorite part! :laughing: good choice! :thumbsup2

NOTE: THIS IS NO LONGER MY DRESS!

So I purchased my beautiful wedding gown over 4 years ago when I was engaged before. Needless to say, that wedding never happened (and I thank God that it didn’t!). :lmao: My mom purchased my dress (and several accessories) for me on a whim when I was at a bridal shop trying on bridesmaids dresses for my friend’s wedding. Once the employees at the boutique found out I was engaged, they said I just HAD to try on some dresses. I figured it couldn’t hurt, so I tried on the dress I ended up purchasing first. My mother had tears in her eyes and said (and I remember her exact words) “I have my checkbook with me if you like it!” Well my mother can be a little on the frugal side, so I was about blown over when she offered to buy me my dress. :scared1: Just for kicks I tried on about 3 more dresses, but none were as beautiful as my dress. And it just so happens that the dress in the store was brand new AND my size, so I took it home with me that very same day (along with a crinoline, veil, and 2 tiaras – they accidentally gave us two, which we didn’t even notice until I got home!). I think the entire thing cost somewhere around $900 for everything. I tried on my dress a few times for a few family members, but that was back in 2004. Ever since then my beautiful dress has been packed away in the closet of my mother’s basement. I haven’t even looked at it since the last time I tried it on, and the only picture I have of it is some crinkled magazine picture from a bridal magazine dated 2003!

3018034954_334e8f5f3c.jpg

3017201917_9de32d6725_o.jpg

DF and I are going back to our parents’ houses over Thanksgiving next week, and I told my mom that I’ll be breaking out the dress! I’m a little worried about it, since it’s only been kept in the original bag. I’ve read a few tips about needing to wrap it up in a sheet to help prevent discoloration. Also, my mom’s basement can be a little damp, so I am having fears of opening up the garment bag and having my dress be covered in mold! :eek:

Right after I got engaged I was having doubts about wanting to use a dress that I had originally planned on wearing to marry someone else. DF doesn’t particularly care, as he’s seen the only pic of my dress and thinks it’s nice. I had honestly almost forgotten what the dress looked like until I found my picture of it (in my OLD wedding planning notebook). After I saw that picture, I knew that I didn’t want any other dress… because that dress just made me feel so special when I tried it on so long ago.

So alas, I will have to wait a week before I can take a peek at my dress and make sure it is ok. (I also fully intend on trying it on again… and this time I’ll make sure to get some pics of my beautiful dress!) :thumbsup2

Hi everyone. I just wanted to post a quick update with my wedding obsession, oops, I mean planning. I haven’t settled on any color compliment to pink yet, but I definitely know I’m keeping the pink. It just wouldn’t seem like my wedding if it weren’t a pink wedding.

“Blush and Bashful”

:rotfl:

I asked DF if he thought anyone would take me seriously if I said I wanted my wedding colors to be “Blush and Bashful.” He just laughed and reiterated “it’s pink and pink.” :laughing:

So, pink it is. I’ve been working on an inspiration board using Paint (I’m graphically challenged when it comes to Photoshop), which I’ll post this evening after work.

This is so funny because when I went to Disney for my planning session, I met with Rose, the florist, and showed her swatches of the colors I wanted, one of which was called blush and another was a bit deeper than the blush and she said well I guess your colors are blush and bashful! I immediately said OMG Steel Magnolias!!! LOL I thought it was pretty funny she said that.

Also, I just wanted to give a suggestion that may help out your color dilemma. If you want brown, they do have brown tuxes that look really nice. If the only problem your DF has is the cost, places like Men's Warehouse and usually most tux places give the groom his tux for free when other members of the bridal party rent tuxes. Just a suggestion from a fellow pink bride! :goodvibes

Thanks! I love that movie, but I can only watch the entire thing when I'm by myself... I'm always in tears by the end!
Me too! it was on tv the other day and i was flipping through channels. it was the end, right before they go to the easter egg hunt. I was watching for 2 minutes and already tearing up.... uh, such a heart breaker! :laughing:

Your dress is gorgeous! :goodvibes I love the detail on it! Can't wait to see a pic of you in it!

This is so funny because when I went to Disney for my planning session, I met with Rose, the florist, and showed her swatches of the colors I wanted, one of which was called blush and another was a bit deeper than the blush and she said well I guess your colors are blush and bashful! I immediately said OMG Steel Magnolias!!! LOL I thought it was pretty funny she said that.

Also, I just wanted to give a suggestion that may help out your color dilemma. If you want brown, they do have brown tuxes that look really nice. If the only problem your DF has is the cost, places like Men's Warehouse and usually most tux places give the groom his tux for free when other members of the bridal party rent tuxes. Just a suggestion from a fellow pink bride! :goodvibes

Thanks for the great info! Unfortunately, DF just doesn't want to wear a tux. :headache: He says he feels uncomfortable in it. I think we're just going to go with all the guys wearing black suits and probably pink ties (but a different color for DF)

Ok, so here's the inspiration board I've been working on. I have to admit that the majority of these pics were snagged from other DIS brides. (What can I say, you all have such excellent taste!)

3046452377_6956f8a43f.jpg

your inspiration board looks great! And when it comes down to it I think we all borrow a lot. I took a look at what i borrowed and felt like I came up with nothing on my own! That's why it's great we have this resource!

Great inspiration board!!!!!!!!

Gotta love pink! I think black suits would be perfect for a night ceremony. They look similar to the tuxes. Sounds great to me!

Just found your PJ! So nice to see another 2010 bride. I will be the tail end of the 2010 brides (December)! Your dress is beautiful! You'll have to post pics when you resurect it from it's bag! I love the pink and think that either a black suit or a dark charcoal suit would look nice. Also for you sister (who doesn't like pink:sad2: ) I recently saw a beautiful pewter colored bridesmaid dress that would look great with pink flowers and nice with either suit. I'll see if I can find it and post it for you! Can't wait to read more!

So this isn't the dress I had previously seen but this is the color- it's called platinum, it's not as harsh as plain black but still very neutral and would really make pink flowers pop. I think it would look great in a style that you could add a pink sash to (then she could remove the pink so she could wear it again)! Just an idea! Sorry so big- I haven't learned how to resize pics yet!
BMdress.jpg

Well I finally was able to get my dress out of hiding. The good news... it's still perfect. There's no stains or yellowing on it at all. The bad news... I'm not so sure I'm still in love with it as I used to be. It's beautiful, but now that I've seen what else is out there, I'm having mixed feelings.

I also found my veil and crinoline. I actually found 2 crinoline... not sure which one was mine. I found a zip-up one that has a built in "sucker-inner" which is a size 10. My dress is a size 12, so I don't have any idea why I would ever have gotten a size 10 crinnie. The other one is a tie one, which ties with what looks like a shoe lace. But there's a spot where it's ripping on one side. One of them is my sister's from her wedding back in July of 2007. I really don't think she wore the zip-up one, since she was 6 months pregnant at the time of her wedding. I really like the zip-up one, since it sucks you in, but I'd have to lose a little weight around my tummy for that to zip up.

So, without further ado...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter