Amanda & Eric 03/03/10- WP/WHP/Sago Cay Centerpiece Ideas!

Congratulations on your engagement Amanda! As a fellow disbride with a family member (grandma) not on board, I agree with Jazzylolo and Figmentfan21. Don't let him get to you. He'll come around eventually. You are his daughter, he loves you. I'm sure he just needs a little time to get used to it! :hug:

I love your ring! It is gorgeous. The pics you posted of you and DF are beautiful too. very well done!

Can't wait to hear more of your plans.... just keep on planning planning planning. :goodvibes

Thanks, I know he'll come around eventually. Just wish he was a bit more excited!

Oh, the dress is beautiful! And I love yellow BM dresses, it's a very spring-y color!

Thank you!! Hopefully my Moh or BM or whatever I am going to have will like it...;)

I LOVE the yellow color. :lovestruc That is so springy and just beautiful. Those flowers are all pretty...I don't know which one I like better! A great thing with a lot of bridesmaid dresses lately is they seriously are something you can wear again. Especially if you pick something like in that picture. If you pick something tea length and not a big floor length dress it is totally rewearable!

Did you see the yellow dresses in 27 Dresses? I LOVE those dresses in the end!

11 Months isn't really a huge amount of time. Especially with photography...if you aren't doing a park site and can book an outside photographer I am sure you should do that soon. I get requests a year and a half in advance sometimes!

I LOVE the yellow color. :lovestruc That is so springy and just beautiful. Those flowers are all pretty...I don't know which one I like better! A great thing with a lot of bridesmaid dresses lately is they seriously are something you can wear again. Especially if you pick something like in that picture. If you pick something tea length and not a big floor length dress it is totally rewearable!

Did you see the yellow dresses in 27 Dresses? I LOVE those dresses in the end!

11 Months isn't really a huge amount of time. Especially with photography...if you aren't doing a park site and can book an outside photographer I am sure you should do that soon. I get requests a year and a half in advance sometimes!

OOoh I am so glad you like the yellow!! I really love that.

I think we will take a look at photographers tonight...then send them to you to approve off on:rotfl:

I love the yellow but I also like these...and they don't go
Cherry_Blossom_Floral_Arrangements_large.jpg

Those flowers are so pretty for centerpieces. Very springy. Yeah, the yellow doesn't go. With that color scheme you could pick like a light pinkish/coral color for BM dresses or do what I did and pick sage green because any color of flower goes good with green! I wanted those flame calla lillies so bad but didn't want orange dresses so we picked green since it goes with everything. Although...I really LOVE that yellow lol.

Totally email me photographers you are looking at! Not that I don't think you know what is good...but I always love to see other photographers ideas and styles.

Those flowers are so pretty for centerpieces. Very springy. Yeah, the yellow doesn't go. With that color scheme you could pick like a light pinkish/coral color for BM dresses or do what I did and pick sage green because any color of flower goes good with green! I wanted those flame calla lillies so bad but didn't want orange dresses so we picked green since it goes with everything. Although...I really LOVE that yellow lol.

Totally email me photographers you are looking at! Not that I don't think you know what is good...but I always love to see other photographers ideas and styles.

I know...but I love both!! Eric will probably veto one or the other!!

What did you think of the dress??

Off to email you now!!

Mandy,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3::dance3::grouphug::cheer2::cheer2::yay::woohoo:

I see some of the things that you are looking at and I saw that you want a small wedding; I have different size vases for tables setting I am not sure if you saw any of my wedding photos are not if not I can send you some and if you would like to use the vases you are welcomed too!

I know...but I love both!! Eric will probably veto one or the other!!

What did you think of the dress??

Off to email you now!!

I love the dress. I think you would look amazing. :upsidedow That is actually the kind of dress I thought you would go for. Nothing poofy!

Mandy,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3::dance3::grouphug::cheer2::cheer2::yay::woohoo:

I see some of the things that you are looking at and I saw that you want a small wedding; I have different size vases for tables setting I am not sure if you saw any of my wedding photos are not if not I can send you some and if you would like to use the vases you are welcomed too!
Thanks Fancy Pants!!!

I love the dress. I think you would look amazing. :upsidedow That is actually the kind of dress I thought you would go for. Nothing poofy!

I really want to try it on...but then again I don't because if I love it, I will cry:rotfl:

Just emailed a few photographers...here's hoping!!

Look around - I'm sure you can find a cheaper dress.

I spent $550 on my dress in 1994 and loved the one I bought. Like you, I picked a dress similar to the one you have posted, but I learned I didn't have the right body style. You have to be tall, lean, and flat chested to carry off a dress like that.

Whatever you do, don't buy a dress without trying it on!

Look around - I'm sure you can find a cheaper dress.

I spent $550 on my dress in 1994 and loved the one I bought. Like you, I picked a dress similar to the one you have posted, but I learned I didn't have the right body style. You have to be tall, lean, and flat chested to carry off a dress like that.

Whatever you do, don't buy a dress without trying it on!

Thanks...I definitely want to go try stuff on!! Who knows, maybe the dress won't be right on me...I'm definitely not flat chested:lmao:

Thanks...I definitely want to go try stuff on!! Who knows, maybe the dress won't be right on me...I'm definitely not flat chested:lmao:

HAHA...you may have a problem.

Trying them on is the best part!! Again, I made my decision so quick I didn't get to enjoy it. I had so much fun with my maid of honor though...she would try on a bridesmaid dress and I a wedding dress and then we would stand together and see if it worked lol. You can definitely find a dress for sooooo much cheaper than that. :) I spent $700 with alterations on my dress. I hear Bridal Belle is a nice place to go...it is very similar to where I got my dress in California. Very personal and they take their time with you.

Yay Mandy started a PJ!!! :banana::banana::banana:
I love, love, love the dress you posted. It is so classic and elegant. I like those bridesmaids dresses too, they look perfect for a March wedding in Florida. Can't wait to hear the rest of your plans popcorn::

Mandy Congrats!!! All of your plans look so beautiful...and the yellow and green color combo is so hot right now!! :banana:

As a dismooner...and a very sad not disbride with a father and mother who were so adamant about not having a disney wedding, I regret so much that I caved. You will never regret going through with what you want!! It may take them a while to get used to the idea (trust me...my dad got his way and it's still hard from him to get used to it :confused3), but on that wedding day they will be so happy you did it in Disney!

Just a side question - did they give you a guilt trip about family members not being able to afford?

Mandy I LOVE the dress! So pretty!

I like the BM's dresses and the colors you chose will look so lovely. DF and I are having a small wedding (at home) and we are only have two BM and two GM. I felt the same way you do about hating to ask people and even thought my BM are my sisters.

Everything looks like its coming along nicely! Good luck on the photographer!

Yay Mandy started a PJ!!! :banana::banana::banana:
I love, love, love the dress you posted. It is so classic and elegant. I like those bridesmaids dresses too, they look perfect for a March wedding in Florida. Can't wait to hear the rest of your plans popcorn::
Thank you!! I am so excited about everything...but I have to get Eric on board still!!

Yeah, I love PJs, since I'm a planning freak! lol Now i'm focused on our pre-trip report, hehe
:rotfl:

Mandy Congrats!!! All of your plans look so beautiful...and the yellow and green color combo is so hot right now!! :banana:

As a dismooner...and a very sad not disbride with a father and mother who were so adamant about not having a disney wedding, I regret so much that I caved. You will never regret going through with what you want!! It may take them a while to get used to the idea (trust me...my dad got his way and it's still hard from him to get used to it :confused3), but on that wedding day they will be so happy you did it in Disney!

Just a side question - did they give you a guilt trip about family members not being able to afford?

Thank you:hug: I guess Eric mentioned the wedding would be in Florida when he asked my parents permission...they didn't say much. My mom already knew. I know that most of my family will choose not to go, not because of money either:sad2: Eric has already asked everyone he wants to invited and they are on board...I am sure once we get closer that might be an issue though.

Mandy I LOVE the dress! So pretty!

I like the BM's dresses and the colors you chose will look so lovely. DF and I are having a small wedding (at home) and we are only have two BM and two GM. I felt the same way you do about hating to ask people and even thought my BM are my sisters.

Everything looks like its coming along nicely! Good luck on the photographer!

Thank you!!

I recieved an email back from my #1 pick so far for a photographer. Her pricing was too high for us so I think she may be out:sad1: I am going to keep looking though.

Congratulations and welcome! Your ring is beautiful. Listen, as a fellow Disboarder who is going through family issues, you need to do what is good for you and your DF. it is your day and something that you want to remember as special for the rest of your life. your family should come around. my mom had given us so much drama about us getting married in disney even offering us money towards the wedding if we had it here in NY. i stood my ground and said this is what we want. we are paying for it ourselves now and it will be worth any penny. my mom, as mad as she was about it, still said she will be there no matter what. i don't think parents want to miss their daughter's wedding even if it is not what they want for her. everything will work out, just have faith! :)
have fun planning-the dress you like is beautiful-def try it on b/c i thought i found my dress online and then when i tried it on it was so hideous on me:lmao: well good luck and can't wait to hear the rest of your planning!

Believe it or not I found a photographer on craigslist and she is the cheapest i've found and the weddings she's done came out beautiful! Because it was so cheap DF and I decided we'd also buy those disposable wedding camera's and put those on the tables for guest's to take candid photots too!

Just thought i'd throw that out there from one budget bride to another!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter