Amazing Race season 36

I don’t get why everyone is sooo bad at following a map?

I guess I’m of an age that GPS didn’t exist. I had a book of maps that had all the towns and cities for the eastern half of MA. One time I dropped my daughter off at a cheer gym in a city that I didn’t know. I was worried about finding her again but I did. :rotfl:
It does seem like the places this season they are in may be difficult to navigate (if you're not a local) irrespective of your map reading skills.

And reading a map doesn't make you proficient in navigation either. If you're on my side of the state line in my metro it's a grid-like layout making it much easier to navigate. Cross over to the other state and it's more difficult with streets angled oddly sharp triangle turns (as opposed to a more u-turn shape), one-way streets that don't make it as easy to get back the other way along with lanes that just end without signage.

Watching this season there are times where it does look quite complicated.
___
Signed someone who grew up doing maps, transitioned to MapQuest (printed out thank you very much lol), and now uses Google Maps on my phone.

Last edited:
Plus I think the race aspect causes teams to rush more than they normally would. Taking 5 minutes to map your route probably feels like 50 when you see other teams just take off.
And there looks like more difficulty just pulling off to the side to get your bearings again should a mistake be made in this season (which has happened before).

I'm not really defending people who end up clueless on what should be an easy enough route because I think we've all seen situations like that where a team is just :sad2: but this season isn't coming across that way to me.

I just caught up on the episodes- I was really hoping amber and vinny would be gone- he is such a controlling ***- I even googled if they were still together hoping that they were not because that is one toxic relationship-unfortunately google tells me they are together and getting married- ugh.
Ugh, of all the things to be 'spoiled' by, this one is really disappointing to hear. I can't believe she couldn't figure out from the race how toxic he is.

I guess I’m of an age that GPS didn’t exist. I had a book of maps that had all the towns and cities for the eastern half of MA. One time I dropped my daughter off at a cheer gym in a city that I didn’t know. I was worried about finding her again but I did. :rotfl:
A lot of times it's not necessarily reading the map, it's trying to find where they are on the map. It's really hard to navigate when you don't know where you're starting from.

Exactly!!! Using a map is a lost science for this generation with all the apps on the smart phones.

Back in the early 90’s I drove from MA to WDW using the the good ole AAA TripTick. Drove page by page, flipping one page to the next.

Exactly!!! Using a map is a lost science for this generation with all the apps on the smart phones.

Back in the early 90’s I drove from MA to WDW using the the good ole AAA TripTick. Drove page by page, flipping one page to the next.

MA is definitely a grid less state too!

I’m shocked at how my adult daughter doesn’t know how to get anywhere without her iPhone.

I do agree that they are rushing so that doesn’t help

I just caught up on the episodes- I was really hoping amber and vinny would be gone- he is such a controlling ***- I even googled if they were still together hoping that they were not because that is one toxic relationship-unfortunately google tells me they are together and getting married- ugh.
I wonder if this will change after the episodes air and friends and family see how awful their dynamic is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter