• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazingly - 3 cheers for Virgin!

Loftus

Don't vote...it only encourages them.
Myself and DS's received 3 free return tickets when we were bumped off our return flight in February (Albeit onto the earlier flight we wanted:D ). I tried, at the earliest possible date to book flights for next February, but none were available on the Select coding (surprise, surprise).
I e-mailed Customer Services to ask for advice about using the tickets during peak periods as we can only travel during school holidays and received a reply asking me to call reservations and speak to Dawn, the supervisor.
I did this and she was busy, but she called me back within 15 minutes and booked the flights I had previously been unable to get!!!
So its back next February half-term, just a week again, but this time probably all at Disney.

Expect lots of questions about booking rooms and tickets:)

You lucky devil,what a result!

That is brillaint news:D

Hi Loftus

Last April (busy Easter holiday/peak time) we were offered to come off our flight and catch the next one (the next day) and get free return tickets as a bonus. We declined because we had to get back to work but we always wondered whether we could have used these tickets at peak time ie during the school Easter holidays. It sounds like you had to fight a bit to get peak time. What were the conditions (if you don't mind me asking!) of your free tickets?

The only condition that I can see is that they have to have seats available under the coding they use for the select vouchers, so I suppose it depends on the numbers of seats available per flight, which will again depend on demand.
I didn't have to fight too hard - in my e-mail to customer services I asked for 'advice' on using the vouchers and when I spoke to the reservations supervisor she seemed surprised to hear I had had a problem.
It may all come down to who you speak to.

HTH

Doug

Oh and the vouchers are not transeferable - they have to be used by the person the original ticket was issued to.

Thanks Doug

I'm almost tempted to ask at the check-in next time if they want volunteers! However, I would certainly check the terms before I accepted. :)

Thanks Doug

I'm almost tempted to ask at the check-in next time if they want volunteers! However, I would certainly check the terms before I accepted. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter