• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

American Idol Experience Fans-How Will You Consider Voting For Aaron Kelly?

There are many factors that influence voting and talent tends to be a low priority. Could you honestly say you wouldn't vote for a family member if they were on the show regardless of how good they were? I don't think it's a problem though because that's what an American Idol is. A celebrity is judged and gains fan base based on their appearance, back story, history, family, style, relationships, etc. The competition is finding who America will make their fans, not just who is the best singer in America. This is why I really feel that it's okay to base your votes how you would base your allegiance to a celebrity. ex: I like Taylor Swift because of her sweet demeanor, her humble ways, the beautiful songs she writes, and her morals- not just because she sings well.

He is the 16 year old young man from Orlando who was adopted by his Aunt.:)

He is the FIRST and ONLY AIE winner to compete on AI.:)

He did a GREAT job on The Climb by Miley Cyrus for his Judge's Audition.:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2kdRRe6BvM

So Aaron was the only AIE winner to get to Hollywood...correct? All the AIE winners got to audition for the judges didn't they? They just didn't make it through to Hollywood. Is that how it worked? :goodvibes

:thumbsup2

I no longer watch the show because people aren't voting based on talent.

I watch it, but I don't bother voting anymore... not since Season 7. I was, and still am, an Archie fan. I've met David Archuleta 5 times and have seen him perform live just as many. He's grown up a lot since the AI days.. not nearly as shy, but still just as sweet and polite as he was on the show. His Christmas album is wonderful! I :love: the voice!

I haven't heard enough of Aaron's voice to know if I like him or not. This is the week that I really start paying attention. If I were to vote, I wouldn't base it on the fact that he won the AIE. To me.. it's all about the voice.

Remember that American Idol Experience opened late last spring and auditions for AI season 9 were in July and August. I'd bet there will be more next year.

He got the automatic right to audition for the screeners (producers) who then decided to send him to the judges who then sent him to Hollywood and so on. The vast, vast majority of people who show up never even see a screener.

So Aaron was the only AIE winner to get to Hollywood...correct? All the AIE winners got to audition for the judges didn't they? They just didn't make it through to Hollywood. Is that how it worked? :goodvibes
The AIE Golden Ticket winners received "front of the line" privileges at the "initial" auditions(the ones in the HUGE stadium,etc. venues).:)

What I meant by he is the "first and only" is he is the only AIE winner in the Top 24,which is when Fan Voting begins and,"in essence",when the Show begins.:)

I am not aware of any other AIE winners who made it to Hollywood.:)

I watch it, but I don't bother voting anymore... not since Season 7. I was, and still am, an Archie fan. I've met David Archuleta 5 times and have seen him perform live just as many. He's grown up a lot since the AI days.. not nearly as shy, but still just as sweet and polite as he was on the show. His Christmas album is wonderful! I :love: the voice!

I haven't heard enough of Aaron's voice to know if I like him or not. This is the week that I really start paying attention. If I were to vote, I wouldn't base it on the fact that he won the AIE. To me.. it's all about the voice.

Same here.

I love David's Christmas CD too.:thumbsup2

Ok maybe I missed it but how do we know he is from the AI Experiance show? Has that info been released somewhere or have I been sleeping too much thru the shows? :rolleyes1

I also did not know he was from DHS, thanks for that info though. I will vote based on talent. But, it is cool to know that he did the American Idol Experience and made it this far.

OMG he was AWFUL!

In fact, every guy so far tonight has been AWFUL.

If this were The Gong Show, Jaye P. Morgan would have been worn out and Chuck Barris would have been deaf by how quickly and the number of times the gong would have been hit.

Wow that is really cool! I liked him anyhow, and now I really like him!!!

IMHO, this season stinks big time so far... there were a lot of AWESOME auditions, but the judges didn't put those people thru to the top 24, and now this season isn't as great as it could have been :( The ones I really wanted were Shelby and Angela, two strong voices, and sweet girls, its worse for Angela because this was her last chance to try out :( Hopefully Shelby comes back next year!!!

Still no mention on the show of his AIE "connection".:)

I think if he hangs around long enough it will be mentioned.:)

Aaron received mixed reviews last night.

I think he did enough to be safe this week.:)

AI still hasn't mentioned his AIE background.I wonder of AIE is mentioning it before shows.:)

I keep hoping he stays in and we can get the AIE part of his story. My DH thinks they are omitting it b/c the whole Disney/ABC owning the footage and not willing to sell it to/loan it to FOX for one of thier shows. I think its just to great of a story and would add a unique twist to just ignore it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter