• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

An Extra Helping of Disney (Comments Welcome)

Minnie Momma

Mouseketeer
Hello all-
Welcome to my ramblings and, possibly, grumblings. I am a 42 year old mother of 3 - DD22, DS20, DD13 - and married to an amazing man. My last trip to Disney has left me with a serious case of Disneyitis. I wanted to just start planning the next trip, but my eldest daughter had a better idea. We don't go back to Disney until we have reached a weight loss goal. And she knows I really, really want to go. So here I am to be publicly held accountable.
I began at 230.0 lbs. This morning I was 216.6 lbs. Slow and steady.
I am not a lover of exercise. She is getting my tushie going as much as she can.
I need to be 170 lbs before we book our August 2013 trip.
Let the games begin!

Amazing how many people came to read my very first post :wave2: so a big Hello to all of you. Woke up with a sore back this morning and didn't sleep to well because of said back. Turns out I need to do the "gentle on the back" form of the pilates DVD that we did last night. Lesson learned. Went to work and now I am beginning the preparations for dinner. DS and his GF are coming for the evening meal and also a Bon voyage to GF who is going on an extended trip to the west for a few months. And of course my "mommy entertainer brain" is thinking we should have cake for dessert. Even IF I made a sugar free cake and used fat free cool whip I would wind up eating "just a bit more" until the cake is gone. So after talking to DD we will be taking the GF to the local fro-yo shop. A great idea with one serving that is low in calories!!!
Dinner is spaghetti and meatballs and salad. I am making my own meatballs out of the biggest loser cookbook. Wheat bread crumbs, egg white and low fat beef. The longer they cook in the Light Ragu sauce the better. turns out that jarred sauce is pretty good this way. And then we are using the smart choice Ronzoni 2x fiber pasta. Tastes just like regular and even the husband doesn't taste the difference! :thumbsup2
Good food choices today. Husband sent me flowers at work, just because. :flower3: This is a great day!

So the other morning I weighed myself and I was 216.6 and sooooooooo excited! :cool1:
Last night was the opening to the Olympics. A healthy dinner at QDoba --- naked taco salad and a small cup of chicken tortilla soup.
Back to the house with some chips and cheese.
I think I'll have a little. Just want to try it. Not even hungry yet.
By the end of the ceremonies it was all gone.
Woke up this morning feeling like a total glutton and weighing 219.6.
UGH! :sad1:
Just not worth it........

Feeling a teensy bit better this afternoon. Looks like all the salt in the chips and cheese last night may have boosted my water weight. Well, let's hope that is what it was.
Just gotta remember --- everything in moderation! :3dglasses

It is truly amazing how our bodies work. So now that I have flushed the salt out of my system I am back down to 216.6 :scratchin I didn't gain any more,but at the same time I haven't lost any more. My goal is coming along slow, but sure. Do I want it to go faster? Absolutely! Is it gonna happen? (Not if I keep this butt attached to the couch) Last year I lost 15 lbs during a Biggest Loser contest that lasted the summer. I did all kinds of exercise and deprived myself until I slowly gave up on the whole thing. The challenge ended and I was back to all my old habits. Before I knew it my weight had gone right back up to 230! :mad: So now I am determined to do this in a very slow manner that I can live with. Eating less and definitely with healthier ingredients. PORTION CONTROL. It is amazing that when I read the various trip reports of "thin people" and they talk about a cupcake being huge for one person --- really? I can eat one all by myself. That is the kind of self control and "stomach awareness" I need. How many times have I eaten until I am feeling so stuffed -- the big old food baby. :blush:
Going to a show tonight so we will be eating dinner out. Have to remind my self when I am ordering. And getting a dessert is not a treat. -------------------- "Another helping of Disney" ---- now THAT'S a TREAT! pixiedust:

Vacation is scary. Not because of the time spent with family :crowded: or the days spent on the lake. Neither is shopping at the little country store with the "penny candy" counter. The scary part of vacation is all the treats that have been part of vacations past. Yummy pastries from the little bakery in town. Homemade fudge from the place you ALWAYS get fudge. And don't forget the ice cream that is just heavenly --- especially the waffle cone sundae. But this is OK right? I mean..... it's vacation so we HAVE to get special treats......

Yup, vacation can be really scary. :crazy2:

But this year will be different. It isn't all the food that makes a great trip. It is the time with family. Time to recharge the batteries. Time to take a walk and enjoy all of God's beauty.

Leaving Saturday morning. :drive: Let's see if I can remember that.......

Back from vacation and checked in with Mr. Scale. Managed to control myself pretty well. Not quite 2 lbs. gained. However, some water weight could be the reason for that! Wonder if I will go below the 216.6 ??????? Time will surely tell! :hourglass

So this time next year I will be soaking up the sun at DW with my lovely daughter. We will have reached our goals and booked our fantastic trip. Will we stay at the French Quarter again? We loved it this past January. Just the right size and not too far from any of the parks. Or will we venture into another resort --- perhaps the Beach Club?????
First things first; gotta MAKE THE GOAL!!!!! :woohoo:

So it is the week after we get back from vacation and I have done another weigh-in.
Only 1 lb gain while on vacation. Pretty good considering the treats and goodies and bites of yumminess that my tastebuds thoroughly enjoyed. But now it is back on track and doing laps until I reach the finish line in front of Cinderellas Castle!
The girls and I went out to dinner last night at Ruby Tuesdays. They have a menu with some delicious low calorie options. Daughter #1 and I shared a blonde brownie dessert that was sooooo good. I know it wasn't the lowest in fat or calories, but I hadn't eaten that much the whole day. But, before dinner, we stopped in at the outlet store nearby. What kind of outlet? DISNEY of course!!! They each bought some PJ pants and I was able to pre-order my Cinderella DVD. :woohoo:
I wonder what the scale will show after another week of "good behavior".
Stay tuned!

So I just re-read my other entries back to the beginning. They have helped me re-focus and I am all "woo hoo let's go". Then I saw IT. The date of my first entry. Almost one month ago. And I am about the SAME WEIGHT. :furious:
Time for some serious re-evaluation.

You're doing well!

I came across your post because I started my own journal to try and run a 5K - that's my only way to get back to Disney next year. It's amazing how using Disney can make you work a little harder :thumbsup2

You're doing well!

I came across your post because I started my own journal to try and run a 5K - that's my only way to get back to Disney next year. It's amazing how using Disney can make you work a little harder :thumbsup2

Thanks Karabee. One day at a time....... And yes, it is completely amazing what we will do for a "fix"! :upsidedow

Labor Day weekend. No plans. Just bee boppin along. Yesterday I took the daughters over to Kohls for some various articles of clothing. Took many trips up and down the stairs to put things in their place. And made the smart choice to make my own Chinese food instead of buying the salt and calorie laden take-out. We bought a packet of General Tso sauce mix, a package of Perdue light chicken chunks, 2 bags of stir fry veggies and made some brown rice. It turned out very well. And after dinner we took a 50 minute walk. I was feeling good and the scale showed some improvement this morning! :)

And then we went out to breakfast after church. :(

I ordered something called German Apple Cake French Toast. Thought it would be regular french toast with some toppings. Not so much. Turns out it was two hunks of the actual cake that were grilled on the flat top. I am not denying that it was delicious, but it was more dessert than breakfast. Live and learn....... The scale will tell me tomorrow I guess.

Time to move onward and downward! :thumbsup2

Just keep walking, just keep walking, just keep walking, walking, walking.......

2.5 miles today.

So we went for a walk and kept going. no game plan. No limit. In the end, my daughter used a program to check the mileage and that's what we ended up with!!

Of course I was hot and exhausted by the time we got back. But it does feel good. And an added bonus was all the time we had to chat about "this, that and the other thing."

That was my extra helping of Disney for the day :)

A good food day. Applesauce cup and special K bar for breakfast. A sandwich with veggies for lunch. Pudding cup for snack. A 150 calorie ice cream cone for after work snack. Split an entree with veggies with my oldest daughter for dinner.

And then we went for a walk.

But that wasn't the best part of my day................

I booked the resort room for Aug 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Now to keep walking towards Disney :thumbsup2

And the habit continues......... We walked another 2.5 miles tonight. Amazingly, I enjoy walking and chatting. Such a simple thing to do. After standing at work all day my feet don't always want to put on the sneakers :sad: and go out the door, but they haven't been rebelling too much. My left heel has been giving me some problems, but i know that as I lose the weight it will be much better. :thumbsup2
The other good result is that I sleep quite well........ except when hubby has a cold and has trouble sleeping! :surfweb:
So outward and downward I shall continue. Out the door and down the scale!

Good habit gone. Naaaahhhhhhhh. Just kidding. More like ---- zero time for a walk this evening. got home at 5:30. Cooked dinner -grilled cheese and soup - then left for youngest daughters Open House at school. 2 hours long and then had to run to grocery store. Just not gonna walk alone at 9:30 at night. Nope. Nut uh. Not gonna do it. Guess 1 day will not be the end of me. Tomorrow is another day!

Accidentally forgot to walk last night. Got home at 6:30 and ate dinner and checked e-mail and............
All of a sudden it was 9:30 and dark.
Back onto the horse we go! Took a walk this morning to a yard sale down the road a ways. Not much of a sale, but the 2 mile walk and conversation was thoroughly enjoyed :)
The rest of the day was spent in some motion as i did some organizing and laundry and a bit of shopping. Then I took the girls along for a fun evening at the local theater. Had dinner at the movie --- Finding Nemo 3D! Normally at the movie we get our own entrees and an appetizer and perhaps dessert or a milkshake. Instead we made a much better choice. The appetizer was a fruit and cheese plate. We split the entree; a Mediterranean chicken panini. Unsweetened iced tea to drink. Quite sensible. And umm...... a small order of fried pickles split between the 3 of us. Coulda' been worse. After the movie we got some frozen yogurt. Yup --- an extra helping of Disney for me please!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter