An Extra Helping of Disney (Comments Welcome)

It "only" took 3 weeks but I have finally broken through the 215 barrier --- 214.4 this morning! I am quite sure that the daily walks are an integral part of that most fantastic event. The last time I got to 215 it was my landing spot. Never got past it and then went back up to the 230 mark. Sooooooooooooo, now that I have blasted my way to the other side I think I will check out this new neck of the woods and stay for a long, long time!

I could REALLY get used to this slow melt. Have to keep it going. It is all about making good food choices and getting some exercise. Oldest daughter and I took a walk after dinner --- even though she could have just as easily plopped onto the couch. A long day teaching will do that to you. But off we went! It wasn't as long as our other walks, but it was better than nothing. Walking in the dark is not our favorite idea and i get home later on Friday nights. So we made it through and feel better for it.
"Only" 43.4 more lbs. to go!!!!!!!

Hey just saw this thread! Good for you!!! Slow and steady is a *great* way to lose! Keep it up hottie!!!! :thumbsup2

So yesterday we went shoe shopping. Normally when I shop for shoes it is relatively painless. I just find a pair I like and try on a few and then take them to the register. My usual two stores are Payless and Target. Not for this trip. Dear daughter and I went to the local sporting goods store and went straight to the running section. Now of course, I don't run, but they don't sell walking sneakers. After telling you that I buy most shoes at Payless I am sure you can imagine my sticker shock. I have never ever ever in my whole life spent so much on one pair of shoes. $109 :scared1: They are some good shoes and they should last for quite awhile. I needed some more support for my left heel so it was "go big or get gimpy". And of course all these shoes come in quite the variety of colors. I was trying to get a pair that was rather "normal looking". But nope. Didn't happen. They are a florescent pink with lime green and neon blue accents. At least you can't miss my feet walking down the road! :hyper:

Got home from work about 5:30.
Cooked dinner.
Ate dinner.
Walked for almost an hour --- up and down the hills and sidewalks and cul-de-sacs of the neighborhood.
Next time I need to leave a bit earlier. Getting a bit too dark for a walk alone.
But, on the other hand, I FEEL SO ACCOMPLISHED!

213.0 this morning!
Downward and onward........ and right down Main Street!
So proud of myself for not eating the yummy looking cookies at work. Ate my Jello cup. It was hard, but I kept thinking of Disney to keep myself on track.

Is it a fluke? Did my scale break?

I weighed again this morning and I am now (drum roll please)

Did I really drop a whole pound? Since yesterday?

Why do I feel a gain for tomorrow???????

So it has been 2 months and 1 week total time since I started this journey on these DIS Boards. The first month was not very successful. The second has been better. I would really like to pick up the pace or this will be the longest walk to Disney known to man/woman.

5 lbs. gone. It feels like more. Probably all the walking and it is making me feel better.

The scale said 211.6 this morning. :)

Total loss is 18.4 lbs.

:cool1: I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street USA :cool1:

You know the ones...... the jeans that are buried at the bottom of the pile. They aren't worn out and they don't have stains. They are the ones that are too small. BUT, you've kept them because some day you would be able to wear them again. So there they sit.

Not anymore!

I put those jeans on today and smiled bright. They are a bit out of fashion --- you know the kind, "mom jeans", but I wore them anyway! :)

How many miles to the front door of Cinderella's Castle? I walked another 4 miles today. A nice 70 degree day and off we went to enjoy the fall foliage that has begun. 90 minutes. About a 24 minute mile. Could be better, but, it definitely could be worse. Just keep trucking. Cindy is waiting for me!!!! :lovestruc

You know the ones...... the jeans that are buried at the bottom of the pile. They aren't worn out and they don't have stains. They are the ones that are too small. BUT, you've kept them because some day you would be able to wear them again. So there they sit.

Not anymore!

I put those jeans on today and smiled bright. They are a bit out of fashion --- you know the kind, "mom jeans", but I wore them anyway! :)

Congrats! I tried on all of my jeans today and put them into categories ranging from "fit perfectly" to "can't pull up past my hips."

It's the best feeling when you can put on something that only "used to" fit! You earned it!

Congrats! I tried on all of my jeans today and put them into categories ranging from "fit perfectly" to "can't pull up past my hips."

It's the best feeling when you can put on something that only "used to" fit! You earned it!

Thank you so very much! Now that I have organized my closet into similar categories, I am finding that I may have to do a little bit of shopping for the winter. Not necessarily a bad thing ;)

I have made it into a "new decade" -----

drumroll please.................

210.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

and THEN

I went to Kohls because I had to buy one pair of black dress pants for work. The pair I have been wearing look more like "clown pants" according to my daughter. I have a pair that I am working on getting into, but alas, they are a tad snug. I tried on many pairs of pants and then DD said to try on this other size, just to see.

A 16 --- pixiedust: AND THEY FIT!!!!!!

What a happy day :)

Tis a good day. Felt good all day. Made good food choices --- even saying no to the yummy looking raspberry dessert staring at me. And then, to top it off, two of my co-workers commented on my weight loss. they have noticed a definite difference. I am sure wearing my new dress pants that actually fit me had something to do with it.
Subway for dinner --- yummy!
Taking the nightly walk in just a bit.
Another step towards Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter