an "official" fairwell

Sorry to see an "offical good bye" but hope you will be lurking. Wishing you all the best! :sunny:

Vernon, I'll miss you. As a fellow longtime DVC'r I always enjoyed reading your perspective. Good luck with your career!

HBC, I was shocked to see that too but then noticed the name. It sounds like a CM who works at SSR who is not worried about posting on the DIS? Hopefully not a personal attack on Vernon.

But SSR-CM, your name is not as revealing as Vernon's might be. ;)

BCV23 said:
HBC, I was shocked to see that too but then noticed the name. It sounds like a CM who works at SSR who is not worried about posting on the DIS? Hopefully not a personal attack on Vernon.

But SSR-CM, your name is not as revealing as Vernon's might be. ;)

And I noticed that SSR-CM after making his/her comments about members and nonmembers getting requests, upgrades has not posted again. ;)

But SSR-CM, your name is not as revealing as Vernon's might be.
Exactly , I doubt Disney employs more than one Vernon who comes from England.

The problems are
1) if I make comments that critisize Disney (and no company is ever perfect) I risk upsetting my employers,
2) if I'm too pro Disney (particularly as a relatively high profile moderator, or former moderator on this site) I risk the integrity of this site as being seen as someone just advertising their own company (or being a "toady" trying to suck up to their bosses). IMHO that could put Pete in a position that I'm not prepared to risk.
3) If I'm always neutral I risk upsetting both sides by not supporting their position enough, or my posts are so insipid that they lack any value or both.

One option was to adopt an alias but, that hasn't always worked. For anyone that posts as much as I used to, it wouldn't be too hard to work out who was making the comments.

It was a really tough choice to make, when I started on this site, eight years ago or more, there were less than 1000 members. I've seen it grow, contributed to it's structure, met my wife here, made MANY friends here and it's been a huge part of my life. It took me a long time to decide on the best route to follow, but I think anyone who considers the dilema will understand there is only one course of action.

Thanks again for all the good wishes and hope to see Y'all around in the parks/resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter