An Update on the Updates by TCD!!!

TCD,

How large would you say is site 802 now? I have requested that loop and have reservations Dec 29 thru Jan 5. :cool1:

We have a 38' 5th wheel plus dually. Would it fit there?

Thanks,
Dennis

TCD,

How large would you say is site 802 now? I have requested that loop and have reservations Dec 29 thru Jan 5. :cool1:

We have a 38' 5th wheel plus dually. Would it fit there?

Thanks,
Dennis

Yes, you will fit in there, but you will be pretty close to the road with the back of your trailer.

It is nice to be in the front of the loop, but I think with a rig that size, you would be happier with one of the sites about half way around the loop, say in the 825 range. Those sites back up to a nice wooded area, so even if you are parked far back in your site, you still have a lot of nature there behind you.

TCD

I think I am going to start a collection, I am going to call it "Send TCD to the fort once a month fund". Every one interested in contributing to the fund contact me. We NEED you there at LEAST once a month to keep us up to date!

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: ALL HAIL TCD!!!! The best as usual!

Here are a couple of sites that are going to be less than desirable. If you know the 800 loop, you know that there are two sites smack dab in front of the comfort station. Sidewalks to and from the comfort station border these sites. The TCD gang had one of these sites on our first camping trip. Since we were tenting, our tent was maybe 5' from the ladies' room door. We didn't care. We still had fun. We didn't know any better. But, if you are paying for a premium site, how would you like to be assigned to one of these two sites?:

FW10308214.jpg

FW10308215.jpg

TCD

I would hate to get one of those? I guess I could call and request not to be by the comfort station and hope for the best. Wonder if I should try to request the 500 loop instead??? Are there sites like that in the 500 loop? Sorry for the dumb question but we have only been in the 1400 loop and they won't be premium by the time we go in December.

As always, thanks for the great pics and reports TCD! You are awesome! :worship:

I'm beginning to know your dirty little secrets TCD. 842 I believe was our first trip ever so we like that loop too but have never gotten it again for some reason. Great report and sneaking around.

Thats the boat Frank sits in while in his backyard screaming neverending verses of Its A Small World to satisfy his Disney cravings!!!

Nope, I don't see the pink leopard Mickey ears anywhere?!?! :rolleyes1

Great pictures of 800 thank you so much, and those sites by the bathroom have never been nice even less so now......

Tri-Circle_D,

Thanks for all the great pictures!!!!

Man, I miss that place.

What about the cable situation in 1700 loop? Any progress yet?

John

Can't wait to hear the update on the 1700 loop, that's one of my favorite loops.

OK, 1700 loop fans, here's the story. . .

On my September visit to the 1700 loop, the only evidence that I found of cable were some empty conduits, and this big wire sticking out of the ground:

Jonas908171.jpg

On this visit, as soon as I drove into the road leading back to the 1600-1900 loops, I saw this rig parked on the 1700 loop. Look at the hook-up's, and tell me what do you see?

FWPHOTOS007.jpg

You see that little gray box connected to that little gray conduit pipe? That, my friends, is cable TV. Right there in the 1700 loop! Whoop! Whoop!

Here is a photo of the area where I saw the wire sticking out of the ground in September. That pole/box is new. The two empty conduits in the ground are still there:

FW10308119.jpg

While I am here, I notice the recycling station. Have they always had three languages on there? What is the third language? Is this really necessary? Can the campers speaking this third language not figure out what goes where by seeing the first two?

FW10308118.jpg

Around the 1700 loop, I see lots of folks hooked up to cable. So, now we know that the cable is up and running in the 1700 loop (but no such luck for the folks paying for the premium sites in the 500 loop :confused3 ).

I wonder if any of the other loops back here have cable yet?

Let's check out the 1900 loop.

When I last visited this loop in September, there was a huge filling project going on.

Well, now it is done, and the loop is pretty full of campers.

And, guess what?

It looks great!

The 1900 loop gets the TCD/Tampa Bay Rays worst to first award. This loop really looks so much better.

Here is what I see as I enter the loop:

FWPHOTOS011.jpg

The campers in the first site you see have some nice decorations out.

A closer look:

FWPHOTOS012.jpg

Yes, those are decorated milk jugs. This site gets the TCD third place award for Halloween decorations (so far). We already saw the first place winners on the 700 loop, and we will take a look at the second place award in a future post.

Anyway, continuing around the loop, I come across a finalist for a real man of genius award. This fellow apparently ran into some trouble with the real window on his truck. So, what does he do? What any red blooded American man would do- fix it with duct tape! Get 'er done!:

FW10308122.jpg

FW10308123.jpg

That is an Alabama plate on the truck in case anyone couldn't figure that out already from just looking at the duct tape window.

OK, let's keep going around the loop. What's this?

FW10308124.jpg

A closer look:

FW10308125.jpg

Yes, that is a cable connection in the 1900 loop!

The 1900 loop has cable too!

Here is a shot looking down the loop heading out:

FW10308126.jpg

The 1900 loop really looks so much better! The swampy-ness is gone. Another shot:

FWPHOTOS013.jpg

Here are some more decorations:

FW10308127.jpg

And check this out. These people have a River Country towel (Lucky!):

FWPHOTOS014.jpg

So, for those of you keeping score at home, we now have cable in the 1700 and 1900 loops. And, both of these loops have some new plantings and landscaping, and look very nice.

What about the 1600 and 1800 loops? Check back, and I'll give you an update.

TCD

On to the 1800 loop. There is still a quite swampy area just outside the 1800 loop. Here, I stop for a moment to watch a bird enjoy his breakfast:

FWPHOTOS008.jpg

FWPHOTOS009.jpg

FWPHOTOS010.jpg

A nice moment of man communing with nature. Very peaceful.

Now, around the loop.

There has been some sprucing up on this loop, but not to the extent of the 1900 loop. Of course, this loop was not nearly as swampy as the 1900 loop. A few folks have Halloween decorations up:

FWPHOTOS015.jpg

FWPHOTOS016.jpg

What about the cable?

Not quite yet:

FWPHOTOS017.jpg

I would say it's getting close. You can see that the conduit pipe is in place.

Here is where they will be going with this (this photo is from the 1300 loop, where they seem to be just a little ahead cable-wise):

FWPHOTOS021.jpg

You see here, the box is in place, and the cable is in there. The 1800 loop has not gotten that far.

On my way out of the loop, here is our bird friend, looking on from the last site on the loop:

FWPHOTOS020.jpg

FWPHOTOS019.jpg

FWPHOTOS018.jpg

Remember our bird friend, I have something sad to tell you about him a little later on.

I also inspected the 1600 loop. This loop was practically empty, which suggests that there was some work about to be done, but no workers were present. The cable situation was the same in the 1600 loop as the 1800 loop (just empty conduit pipes on each site).

TCD

What about cable in the 1500 and 2000 loops?

Nothing.

Nada.

No signs of anything being done with cable in either one of these loops. No conduit, no nothing.

But, I did find another man of real genius nominee!

Here he is, set up on the 1500 loop:

FWPHOTOS025.jpg

FWPHOTOS026.jpg

FWPHOTOS027.jpg

We don't need no stinking cable!!!!

Seriously, though, as I already reported, the cable was out on the 500 loop all weekend, so I got a chance to try my new digital converter box. I was pleasantly surprised by the results. I will post a separate thread about that on another day.

TCD

Exciting to see that cable is up and running in 1700. We hope to be there next week and were trying to decide if we should bring the dish or not. Now we know! Thanks TCD

I saw this couple leaving their site on the 300 loop to go to the MNSSHP on Sunday night.

They had a Mickey Lamppost and a sign with their name on it- but it did not say Disboards:

FWPHOTOS022.jpg

FWPHOTOS023.jpg

FWPHOTOS024.jpg

TCD

I thought this fellow's display on the 300 loop was a little on the creepy side:

FW10308136.jpg

FW10308137.jpg

FW10308139.jpg

FW10308138.jpg

What do you think?

A little too macabre for the Fort?

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter