An Update on the Updates by TCD!!!

On Monday morning, October 6, a huge crew of workers descended on the 800 loop, and cranked up the work on that loop.

Over on the 500 loop, a few men began operating the equipment to get the new cable connections installed there.

This piece of equipment sat right behind this site all weekend:

CopyofFW10308066.jpg

On Monday morning, they got in cranking.

FWPHOTOS037.jpg

FWPHOTOS036.jpg

FWPHOTOS035.jpg

They were digging ditches behind the sites:

FWPHOTOS047.jpg

And right up to them:

FWPHOTOS048.jpg

FWPHOTOS049.jpg

I expect that they finished this work pretty quickly, and that the cable must be up and running by now.

TCD

The expanded sites on the 500 loop are pretty nice.

But, as with the other loops, there are a few sites that I would hate to be assigned to.

Here are a couple.

This first one is right next to the sidewalk from the 500 loop to the comfort station. This is also the sidewalk that pet owners from the 700 and 800 loop are directed to use for access to the dog park.

Look how close the site is to the sidewalk. If you are set up here, you have folks walking right by your door and patio area all day and night:

FWPHOTOS033.jpg

FWPHOTOS032.jpg

Also, check out that rig. I never saw such a thing. No windows on the whole thing, but it did look like the inside was set up like an RV.

Around the loop, the entrances to these two sites intersect. Could get interesting:

FWPHOTOS043.jpg

Here is a photo taken from the comfort station looking out toward my site (513). That is my camper you see there. Pretty sweet site, huh? Oddly, it is right next to the site in the first two photos of this post.

FWPHOTOS028.jpg

FWPHOTOS029.jpg

FWPHOTOS030.jpg

TCD

Hey TCD has the 1000 loop been completed? I thought I remember somewhere it saying it had been. That was suppose to be one of the first ones done.

If so do you have any pics?

You are awesome! :worship: I agree with John. We should start a send TCD to the Fort fund so we can get these great reports on what is going on at our favorite place all the time.

Thanks.

Hey TCD has the 1000 loop been completed? I thought I remember somewhere it saying it had been. That was suppose to be one of the first ones done.

If so do you have any pics?

You are awesome! :worship: I agree with John. We should start a send TCD to the Fort fund so we can get these great reports on what is going on at our favorite place all the time.

Thanks.

I thought I read a post somewhere that said the 1000 loop had been completed, but as far as I can tell nothing has been done on the 1000 loop, including no cable TV, yet. There certainly has not been any work done to expand the concrete pads. I bet that they are going to go from the 800 loop to the 900 loop, and then onto the 1000 loop.

One thing folks should think about before getting hyped up about a particular loop is that for the next several months you might be right next to a loop where major construction is going on. It might be better to be on the 100-300 or 1600-1900 loops where nothing much is being done.

TCD

I thought I read a post somewhere that said the 1000 loop had been completed, but as far as I can tell nothing has been done on the 1000 loop, including no cable TV, yet. There certainly has not been any work done to expand the concrete pads. I bet that they are going to go from the 800 loop to the 900 loop, and then onto the 1000 loop.

One thing folks should think about before getting hyped up about a particular loop is that for the next several months you might be right next to a loop where major construction is going on. It might be better to be on the 100-300 or 1600-1900 loops where nothing much is being done.

TCD

Thanks for the update.

The construction is a good thing to keep in mind. I think I will just be happy to be there and stop worrying so much. :) I can't help myself. Every so often in my vacation planning and waiting for it to get here I must get nuts about something. It just wouldn't be fun if I didn't. :lmao:

We should make a list of which loops have been converted. I guess it really isn't that many yet huh?

Camping Christy had that site when we saw her there in March. If you want to see a lot of people I guess it's ok. No privacy whatsoever. One thing I'm thinking about how they did the pads is why did they pour cement around the existing? It just seems like they would rip all the old out and pour a solid pad. Kinda unlike Disney to skimp. Did they put anything between the new and old cement? Wonder how it will expand?

A Ditch Witch is the choice of the trade for putting in cable. They rip thru roots and anything else in the ground.

Keep the pics a comin TCD. I know for a fact that ain't all you got.

Wow -- thanks for all of the pics and updates!

We were at the fort a couple of weeks ago when they were doing work in the 800 loop. We were in site 706. Right behind our site the construction got started at 7am every morning! Not the way I like to wake up -- especially after a late night at the parks.:cutie:

Here is a photo taken from the comfort station looking out toward my site (513). That is my camper you see there. Pretty sweet site, huh? Oddly, it is right next to the site in the first two photos of this post.

FWPHOTOS028.jpg

FWPHOTOS029.jpg

FWPHOTOS030.jpg

TCD

That is one nice pop-up picture. TCD, do you like the add-a-room or use it often? I don't have one on mine and it's a popular topic over on the popupexplorer forum.

Thanks for the pix!

Bama ED :wizard:

What was the number of the site with the sidewalk beside it? I want to be sure to pick another one.

I thought this fellow's display on the 300 loop was a little on the creepy side:

FW10308136.jpg

FW10308137.jpg

FW10308139.jpg

FW10308138.jpg

What do you think?

A little too macabre for the Fort?

TCD

Are ya KIDDING??? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2 Ok, the noosed skeleton MAY be a bit over the top, But I bet nobody digs in HIS icechest when he's at the parks!!!!:scared:

What are the #s of the 2 sites? I like the one on the right as you are looking at them--it seems there may be a little more room.

Are ya KIDDING??? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2 Ok, the noosed skeleton MAY be a bit over the top, But I bet nobody digs in HIS icechest when he's at the parks!!!!:scared:

The beer fairly will visit your ice chest if you are a good little boy......

Ok TCD, we're ready for the next installment. What is the story with the bird?

Camping Christy had that site when we saw her there in March. If you want to see a lot of people I guess it's ok. No privacy whatsoever. One thing I'm thinking about how they did the pads is why did they pour cement around the existing? It just seems like they would rip all the old out and pour a solid pad. Kinda unlike Disney to skimp. Did they put anything between the new and old cement? Wonder how it will expand?

A Ditch Witch is the choice of the trade for putting in cable. They rip thru roots and anything else in the ground.

Keep the pics a comin TCD. I know for a fact that ain't all you got.

It doesn't look like anything was put between the old and new cement, or that there was any effort to try to tie new slabs to the old ones. It will be interesting to see what happens. There are going to be heavy rigs parking on those slabs. Time will tell.

Yes, you are correct, I do have more photos and stuff to report, and I am going to be back to the Fort in 17 days. I will need to get this report finished so I can start the next one!

I believe the third language is French

thanks for the update :goodvibes

Oh, French. Good. Now, the next time I am in France, I will be able to order my beer in an aluminum bottle. I still say, is it necessary to have three languages on the recycling bins. Do a lot of Frenchmen drive their RV's over to the Fort from France?:confused: I know that the folks from Quebec speak the French, but I am sure that they all do alright with the English, too.

What was the number of the site with the sidewalk beside it? I want to be sure to pick another one.

Sorry, I don't have the exact site number. I would guess that it is 514 or 515.

What are the #s of the 2 sites? I like the one on the right as you are looking at them--it seems there may be a little more room.

Sorry, I don't have these site numbers, either.

TCD

That is one nice pop-up picture. TCD, do you like the add-a-room or use it often? I don't have one on mine and it's a popular topic over on the popupexplorer forum.

Thanks for the pix!

Bama ED :wizard:

Yes, I do like the add-a-room, and I pretty much use it on every trip.

It is a PITA to set it up, but it is great to have when it rains. It does a reasonable job keeping the rain out, and gives us a place to hang out when it is raining. The front flaps are clear plastic, so you can still have light, even when the flaps are down. You have the option of putting down the interior flaps for privacy.

I really like the add-a-room when it is cold out. A space heater keeps that space nice and warm, making it a great place to hang out when it is nippy outside. I remember one trip where we had about 15 people sitting in there playing a game. Good times.

We camp almost exclusively at the Fort, so we really don't need it for insect control, but I have used it at campground where the mosquitoes were bad, and I was really glad to have it.

It adds about a half hour to the set-up and take-down process, and if it gets wet, it is another thing to have to dry out when you get home, but I still end up using it on almost every trip.

I hardly ever see anyone else using one, though. I am sure most folks believe it is not worth the expense or effort to have one.

Obviously, I use it because I have it. Truthfully, if I had to do it over again, I am not sure that I would spend the money for one.

TCD

Ok TCD, we're ready for the next installment. What is the story with the bird?

OK, just wanted to give everybody a chance to get caught up.

So, you saw the photos of the bird happily hunting for his breakfast in the swampy area adjacent to the 1800 loop? A nice peaceful moment. I am glad that they left a little of the swamp in the 1800-1900 loop area.

Well, on Monday morning, October 6, this is what I saw:

FW10308011.jpg

FW10308012.jpg

FW10308013.jpg

FW10308014.jpg

FW10308015.jpg

FW10308016.jpg

This was before 9 a.m. Too bad for any campers on the 1800 loop who wanted to sleep in that morning. A dump-truck dumping a load of dirt sure makes a lot of noise!

It looks like the swampy area is going to be filled in, just like the low areas on the 1900 loop.

Our bird friend will have to go someplace else for his breakfast now. :(

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter